It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Planet X, Nibiru, Sun's twin or just a glare. Food for Doomers.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Note: I'm doing this just for fun and out of curiosity.
This the story behind the pics.
First one was taken at 12pm on Saturday (I wanted to take a pic of the halo around the sun, I was looking south and up). Second was taken 45 minutes later from the same spot. Pics were taken using a cellphone camera (Alcatel OneTouch).

The next 3 pics were taken by my wife around the same time but 15 miles from where I was. Cellphone camera too (LG Optimus)

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Abednego

Guess you never heard of a Sun dog huh?

en.m.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   

So the big clue is that you see this in the photo but not when you look at the sky. That usually means it's an anomaly with the camera.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657
Yes I have heard of it. Just did not thought about it.
Anyway, thanks.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   
To close to the sun to be seen by naked eye. Like the opening post says: Just for fun.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   

This is classic lens flare. Don't take my word for it, prove it to yourself. Use the same camera[s] and pay attention to the movement of the flare in the frame when YOU change the angle slightly. With very little practice you too can become an ace lens flare pilot.

What you're seeing in the camera is not in the sky.Try it.
edit on 13-4-2015 by DenyObfuscation because: s in [ ]

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Abednego Check out Ezekielken's pics of the sun. They don't call it the southern cross for nothing. If you look closely you can see the sphere has a lens flare and a reddish tint.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Thanks everybody for the comments. Like I said just for fun. I'm quite skeptical regarding Planet X and similar stuff.
On the other hand it makes you wonder how some people get so easily tricked into believe such things.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   

well documented camera tricks

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Abednego
Thanks everybody for the comments. Like I said just for fun. I'm quite skeptical regarding Planet X and similar stuff.
On the other hand it makes you wonder how some people get so easily tricked into believe such things.

And this my dear is the crux, the end all and be all , dilemma of this website. The basis for every thread.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   

That can't possibly be Planet X. It won't be visible till December, silly.

"Expert Says Nibiru Planet X Visible in December 2015"

edit on 21-4-2015 by UnBreakable because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   
S&F for effort though,
Always nice to see another member making an effort.

edit on 21-4-2015 by foxhound2459 because: wakey wakey.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   
It is suggested that Nibiru (Planet X) will be visible in Dec 2015.
Don't expect to see it !
But what if it appears?
What you gonna do?
Poop your pants?
Cry?
Laugh?
Scream?

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: RP2SticksOfDynamite

If it appears, it appears. What is there to be done about it one way or the other? Something like that is akin to an act of God really for all our ability to affect it one way or the other. We can't plan for it, stop it. So, meh, what would it matter?

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   

I thought Niburu was suppose to come crashing into is in 2012? Now, it's this year.. great.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

If it appears, it appears. What is there to be done about it one way or the other? Something like that is akin to an act of God really for all our ability to affect it one way or the other. We can't plan for it, stop it. So, meh, what would it matter?

Well if it does surprisingly appear then we are all f..ked! And I'm off to the caves in the mountains. Because anywhere near sea level would be bad!

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 10:56 PM
link   

.Watch a few episodes of Mysteries at the Museum and tell them it's just a camera anomaly.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: blackmetalmist

Nope...it was supposed to begin to be visible beginning 2012. The closer it comes to our planet, the more visible it becomes to the naked eye. Supposedly.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Notice how it's only visible when you take a picture of the sun? ...Yeah, because it's a reflection of the sun on the camera lens.
edit on 18-5-2015 by Kromlech because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Seriously? None of it exists. I miss when possession of critical thinking skills were prevalent in society.
New thread please.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join