It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Passenger plane slides off runway while taxiing at IAH

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   

HOUSTON – Airport officials say that that a passenger plane slid off a runway at Bush Intercontinental Airport as it was taxiing towards to the terminal Monday morning.

United Flight 1545, bound from Las Vegas to Houston, took too wide of a turn as it was taxiing and ended up in a muddy area near Lee Road just south of FM 1960.

Link

What I see noteworthy in this is that the plane seems to be damaged. The wing at least.

Passengers are fine, the plane maybe not.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

How embarrassed would you be if you were the pilot here? Um...Passengers I took the turn too wide and we are stuck in the mud now...

Hahahahaha....Hopefully this pilot goes back to class to learn how to drive now...

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

HOUSTON – Airport officials say that that a passenger plane slid off a runway at Bush Intercontinental Airport as it was taxiing towards to the terminal Monday morning.

United Flight 1545, bound from Las Vegas to Houston, took too wide of a turn as it was taxiing and ended up in a muddy area near Lee Road just south of FM 1960.

Link

What I see noteworthy in this is that the plane seems to be damaged. The wing at least.

Where's the damage to the wing?

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: buddah6

originally posted by: roadgravel

Link

Where's the damage to the wing?

I think he ment the wing was damaged because it looks to be at a weird angle.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   

If I was a passanger on that plane, my pants may not have been fine!!

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: IndependentOpinion

If I was a passanger on that plane, my pants may not have been fine!!

Yeah, there may have been some 'mud' in their underwear after that.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   
The port engine wasn't too far away from eating dirt.
My question is why is the mud torn up in front of and to the right of the nose gear?
edit on bu302015-04-13T09:58:04-05:0009America/ChicagoMon, 13 Apr 2015 09:58:04 -05009u15 by butcherguy because: spelling

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Lol! Im glad this happend after my trip to Thailand, and not before! I mean I would have been so scares to get on those planes!

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I looks like the pilot let one of his main gear get in to the mud...that's all would take! Then you're along for the ride.

I don't see any damage to the wing! I just see a wing set up for take off...most folks never see the wings at that angle.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: buddah6

I agree. No damage. Thr wind flaps are just down.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Looks like a 737NG, so there might be some minor damage to #1 ring cowling, and some minor FOD damage to the blades, but at worst its a minor chip to the blades and a small dent to the cowling. Agreed, no wing damage. They would have been going slow enough that it would have barely hurt anything.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   
That might be true but It wouldn't be apparent by just looking at the picture. Those newer 737(800 and 900) have the cowling very close to the ground making FOD very easy.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Houston, we have a problem.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   

That's why I said there might be ring cowl damage. Because the clearance is so tight.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I had a number one compressor ring failure in flight that didn't end very well. There's no way they wouldn't have noticed if it was bad enough. Mine was uncontained throwing blades into the fuselage.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I looked at some more 737 photos. The angle from which the picture was taken makes the wing position look more angular than it probably actually is. Guess it is not damaged after all.

Thought it was a bit ironic that the flight was from Vegas. Looks like it crapped out...

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   

That's a good one, gravel!

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: IndependentOpinion

I agree. No damage. Thr wind flaps are just down.

Great, so you have no problem with a new paint job and let it fly again.

I assume you will be first to board.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   

I think he ment the wing was damaged because it looks to be at a weird angle.

Yes. Not the flaps.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: bullcat

Yes, because it will be inspected before flying again. I'll be the first to board and will fly on it multiple times if I can.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join