It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*Update* Game Changer OR Paradigm Shift ? – Walter Scott Shooting: Enhanced Video Shows Officer Sl

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 08:53 AM
link   

On the first day we saw the North Charleston, South Carolina, shooting video of Walter Scott by Officer Michael Slager we were as shocked as everyone. However, as our research now indicates, there is much more to the story.

On the first day we saw the North Charleston, South Carolina, shooting video of Walter Scott by Officer Michael Slager we were as shocked as everyone. However, as our research now indicates, there is much more to the story.

*Update* Game Changer OR Paradigm Shift ? – Walter Scott Shooting: Enhanced Video Shows Officer Slager With Taser Darts…

I didnt see this posted yet.
Its an interesting take on the events. I can see this line of reasoning being used by the state to keep the cop out of jail.

edit on 13-4-2015 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: coop039

Your link doesn't work.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

Your link doesn't work.

Google it.

I did and found it fine.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 08:59 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 09:02 AM
link   
youtu.be...

edit on 13-4-2015 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   

it sounds like The boob shot himself with his own Tazer.

+8 more 
posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   
No one administered life saving aid to Scott, as the author asserts, that claim is bogus and the video clearly refutes it. The cop shot him and simply left him there to die, as did the others who came on the scene.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blackmarketeer
No one administered life saving aid to Scott, as the author asserts, that claim is bogus and the video clearly refutes it. The cop shot him and simply left him there to die, as did the others who came on the scene.

if you go to the web page it shows them administering aid.

+7 more 
posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

I watched the FULL video, the guy was dead before anyone did anything, which consisted of pulling open his shirt and little else. Slager did nothing at all, nor did the police woman who was next on the scene.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blackmarketeer

I watched the FULL video, the guy was dead before anyone did anything, which consisted of pulling open his shirt and little else. Slager did nothing at all, nor did the police woman who was next on the scene.

true that.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: bullcat
Google it.

I did and found it fine.

So did I. But the OP should have a link.

To the OP. I watched the tape over and over, stopping at the precise moment the taser line supposedly shows, and I can't see it in the original. It seems it's been added by someone in editing... Correction. Taser Line seen here
edit on 4/13/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Don't forget, the person who recorded the video has also spoken out as he witnessed those events live.

Witness Who Recorded Shooting Of Walter Scott Speaks Out: 'Police Had Control' (VIDEO)

His statement is that Slager used his taser on Scott, that the cop "had control" of Scott on the ground before Scott broke free and ran. Scott wasn't exactly a fit person, so by ran I mean loped. There is no excuse for Slager's actions, to just gun someone down from behind, and then drop a taser next to him and claim that his life was in danger. We can see in the video that when Slager fired, he was not in any danger whatsoever.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   
So basically what they are saying is according to a witness a long fight ensued and the guy shot the cop with the taser, then you see picture of taser line going to cop, and a picture of his pant leg rolled up, so the cop was shot twice with the taser , in the chest and leg?

If you review the raw footage (source New York Times) of the witness shooting video you can clearly see the wire from the Taser connected to Officer Slager.

Additionally, if you follow the wire you also recognize the cartridge from the Taser itself is being dragged behind the fleeing Walter Scott.

This is critical because the darts are on one end of the wire, and the cartridge is on the other end – usually cartridge remaining in the trigger assembly. However, the cartridge is obviously dislodged in the struggle.

If the cartridge is dragging behind Scott -somehow tangled with his foot/shoe or leg – and the line is visibly taut (which it is) then the dart end is indeed attached to Officer Slager.

*NOTE* The civilian version of the x26 (x26C) only has 10-15′ of wire, but the LEO version is 25′ to 35′. From the imaging it appears the length is at least

I asked about this when the news first broke.
edit on 093030p://bMonday2015 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Here's my problem with that scenario. On the dash cam you can clearly hear Slager yelling taser Taser Taser. You're knot going to hear that from 100 yards away neither will you hear that from 200 yards away around a building.

Officer Slager deployed the Taser before a physical confrontation now somehow he either shot himself or missed and one of the wires got tangled around a button or microphone or something on his chest.
edit on 13-4-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

I can't tell by the pictures

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse

it sounds like The boob shot himself with his own Tazer.

You can hear the taser discharge. I also see the wire draped over the officers arm and going back to ground, so its not conclusive the taser hit anything.

I also see the officer look right at the camera as he reholsters his sidearm. I see him cuff the man to make sure he doesn't go anywhere while the officer runs back to pick up his taser and then I see him drop it by the victim. I see him pick it back up and reholster it and glance at the camera again.

'Wheres the camera' glances at the crucial points of willful wrongdoing.

This isn't normal for police shootings… the camera, I mean. Trying to cover them up is normal. If the police had lapel cams that man would still be alive.
edit on 13-4-2015 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   

This means when the Taser fired during the struggle, the darts actually penetrated Slager, not Scott. Factually this aligns with the recorded statement of Slager and the reports of his initial debriefing. It could be that one dart is in the leg of Slager and the other is in the upper torso region as evidenced below.

theconservativetreehouse.com... ts/

would also explain the picture of Slager being debriefed after the confrontation with his left pant leg folded up as he explains events to the documenting officer

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   

This might clear that up:

Feidin Santana: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know

Feidin Santan is the video recorder, these are the five facts he has expressed his desire for everyone to know. One of those points is that Slager used his taser on Scott, when Scott loped away, he was still dragging the taser lead.

Santana told NBC Nightly News anchor Lester Holt:

"They were down on the floor before I started recording. I remember the police had control of the situation. He had control of Scott. And Scott was trying just to get away from the Taser."

The video begins with Slager and Scott in close range. An object falls to the ground and Scott can be seen running away from Slager with the strings from the Taser prongs hanging from his body. As he gets a few feet away from Slager, Scott opens fire, shooting seven times as Scott runs farther away. He then pauses and fires an eighth time. Scott then drops to the ground. Scott’s family said he was shot five times.

This "Conservative Activist" is attempting to spin this around, wanting us to believe that the barb/lead was in Slager and not Scott. It's nonsense. Someone is just trying to appease the RW crowd who refuse to believe a cop would shoot an unarmed black man in the back.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Blackmarketeer

What about the leg?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join