It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We live in a Simulated Reality

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   
This Universe we experience is not the true reality that our minds exist within. Instead your senses you see, hear, smell, touch, taste are all a projection. In the Original Reality over crowding and overpopulation was the biggest concern of Human history; What they did was use their advanced entertainment and programming technology to create "Other worlds" or "Realities" where newborn minds connect to through an advanced neuroscience understanding and Mastery of the knowledge of how the brain projects and percieves the Universe around it through the five senses. Everyone except for the wealthiest, most elite people in the True reality get to exist outside of the grand illusion.

Alternate realities exist, they are the same as this reality, and one of the great secrets is that these virtual realities are really what is happening in our dreams. Each and everytime we dream we are being "Hooked up" to another reality that exists within the futuristic technology of the original reality that our consciousness resides.

This could explain the existence of a God or Gods which may very well be the elite of the society of the Original Reality. Just because we are experiencing another reality doesn't mean we can treat people however we want; Instead it argues for the opposite. Everyone whos ever experienced themselves in this reality was a real consciousness experiencing itself in another universe. What this means is that everyone is real, just our bodies and matter and light is an illusion, but behind that illusion is a real consciousness experiencing itself.

To understand better you have to understand that your brain projects reality but that projection can be intercepted by technology and "Altered" to be a completely different experience than the one that the mind resides in. The world is the way it is because it is a reflection of what the Original reality went through during its history. There was an article that stated some scientists believe consciousness goes to another universe at death; to explain this I would have to ask you to remember a dream where you didnt know you were dreaming. That is what death is like, your consciousness enters one of the alternate realities within the Technology. Except you can lucid dream and realize your dreaming, and that is what Enlightenment really means in this reality.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Belcastro

If this was the matrix, you would think it possible to make life not sucks so much for so many of us all the time.

I am now 900 miles from where I lived(Texas)4 days ago where I had a job and money.

Now I am in Indiana with no job or money, based solely in the decisions of others.

I got $25 to my name a broken truck and no where to go or even a job.

I hope they just pull the plug and get it over with.

Why prolong the agony?

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: johnwick

Sorry to hear that. This poem might not be much comfort, but it's the best I can give you.

I saw grief drinking a cup of sorrow
and called out,
It tastes sweet, does it not?

You have caught me, grief answered,
and you have ruined my business.

How can I sell sorrow,
when you know it's a blessing?

-Rumi

👣

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   
If so it needs a serious reset and reboot ..

+5 more 
posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 10:13 PM
link   

U2U me and I will help.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 10:29 PM
link   
What makes you think this is the case?

Sure, all the basics are there. But this has been greatly explored for thousands of years by people attaining dizzying heights of perfection most people couldn't dream of. They speak of this exact thing, but in a spiritual context. Technology? Nah, just infinite reality expressing itself in infinite permutations. So many planes, so many worlds.

I hear some of the coolest places are "peripheral void realms". There's other places too, where karma hold no sway. Or where you can hear the thirsting laughter of dark gods - alas, this is where I come from.
_________

That's a wonderful poem Bluemule... oh, and the one in the signature above too. Which hell am I going to.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Well, if this is a simulated reality, it is very real. When you stub your toe it hurts like hell. No matter how you believe it doesn't hurt, it still hurts. It would have to be a very technically advanced holograph if this is not real. In a thousand years at the present rate of our advancement, we might be able to create such a thing. But we will probably destroy ourselves within a hundred years so we may never get to that point.

So is this real? I don't know, but I am thinking it is definitely real to me. If I cut myself I bleed, if I get shot I may die. I have seen people get old and I have seen people die. Now to believe this is just a computer program would not be rational. Even if it is we must keep civil and honest and try not to take unnecessary risks.

Pain hurts. Lack of energy sucks. Being sick and weak is not fun at all.
edit on 12-4-2015 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 12:33 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Pain doesn't make an experience real. Pain feels painful when we object it, and feels much lighter when we stop fighting it. All with the power of the mind, now how does it happen?

We live under many illusions, Michio Kaku said it brilliantly. We are just as the fish, swimming in lower dimensions and believing that what's around us and what we perceive is all there is.

What we call death is out of ignorance, we think of ourselves as our bodies and therefore creating attachment to the physical form and its senses. We are not our senses, i'm personally finding that transcending the senses provides space for higher realities to manifest.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 02:43 AM
link   

So is death the only wau to get out?
And even if we got out then what?
Even if this is a simulated reality, which it could be, untill we find a method other than death to escape it there's no reason to dwell on the fac. Rather if this is all just one big game of the Sims then we should try to beat them at their own game.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 04:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Belcastro
Alternate realities exist, they are the same as this reality, and one of the great secrets is that these virtual realities are really what is happening in our dreams.

In that case I'm sorry to say it but these alternate realities are very very silly.

Also what would be the point of a scenario like the matrix? You are aware of how costly and inefficient such a system would be? Why would anyone care to provide a simulated reality for all mankind when it's easier to let the slaves fight for their survival like we do today?

The matrix is an allegory you know? Like Plato's allegory of the cave. Allegory. The word says it all.

It's a philosophical concept, not a sci-fi one. Reality is NOT a simulation. If it was, you could simply kill yourself and it wouldn't matter. Yet I doubt you will ever do that, would you?

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Hello
I am not sure if this on topic, if it not I would appriciate being pointed in the right direction.

I recently had a very realistic visitation from an alien being in a dream.
In my dream I was in bed at the house grew up in, heard somebody coming up the steps and remembered thinking it was a family member and I had to remind them of something, I rose to the foot of the bed and was looking at the doorway into my room.
The hall light was on and I saw the being enter my room through the doorway, I knew that it was not a family member.
The being was in a heavy robe, I do not recall legs, but the arms were unusually long with long spindly fingers, the body appeared to insect shaped as the sash was tighten and the thinnest of the waist was apparent.
The being arced their left arm and I was brought to a fetal position on my left side with my arm extended in front off me.
The being sat on the bed much the same as a mother would tucking their child in.
The right hand was place on my extended hands, not forcefully but I could not pull my arms away, I struggled to do so, their left hand raise to their face, which was insect shaped, gesturing as one would the be quite and still.
The continued to struggle to free my arms as they preformed , as best as I can describe as a incantation.
I freed myself and awoke jumping out of my bed, breathing heavily.
That was 5 days ago, I believe the being cured me of two chronic addictions, 1 being 35 years and the other 20.
I have no withdraw symptoms or desire to return to them.
I wonder if anybody has ever heard of this.
I also wonder if it was real or a manifestation on my own.
If real why.
Thanks

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: JUhrman

originally posted by: Belcastro
Alternate realities exist, they are the same as this reality, and one of the great secrets is that these virtual realities are really what is happening in our dreams.

In that case I'm sorry to say it but these alternate realities are very very silly.

Also what would be the point of a scenario like the matrix? You are aware of how costly and inefficient such a system would be? Why would anyone care to provide a simulated reality for all mankind when it's easier to let the slaves fight for their survival like we do today?

The matrix is an allegory you know? Like Plato's allegory of the cave. Allegory. The word says it all.

It's a philosophical concept, not a sci-fi one. Reality is NOT a simulation. If it was, you could simply kill yourself and it wouldn't matter. Yet I doubt you will ever do that, would you?

Why do we humans run complete simulations of just about everything just to observe it. Why did humans create "The sims" and pay it by the millions. If you ask why would someone or something do this then you might want to ask yourself first why you yourself or anyone else do a lot of things in life that may be considered pointless.

Why do people waste time watching american gladiator ?

The matrix is is phylosophical yes but it is also based on real and feasable science which is called "The holographic universe theory".

I you want to just call it silly that is of course fine but how much more silly is it compared to a man in the sky who watches everyone and listens to everyone and judge everyone at the same time based on these 10 rules that he carved on a stone and another 10 that we accidentally broke and have no clue about.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 08:05 AM
link   

What's weird is how so bizarre some of the other realities I experience in dreams are compared to this boring everyday reality I'm currently stuck in. Can't wait to get to an exciting one.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ultralight

U2U me and I will help.

Good on you!
Diligent doer, indeed! The world needs more of you.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dm6101
Hello
I am not sure if this on topic, if it not I would appriciate being pointed in the right direction.

I recently had a very realistic visitation from an alien being in a dream.
In my dream I was in bed at the house grew up in, heard somebody coming up the steps and remembered thinking it was a family member and I had to remind them of something, I rose to the foot of the bed and was looking at the doorway into my room.
The hall light was on and I saw the being enter my room through the doorway, I knew that it was not a family member.
The being was in a heavy robe, I do not recall legs, but the arms were unusually long with long spindly fingers, the body appeared to insect shaped as the sash was tighten and the thinnest of the waist was apparent.
The being arced their left arm and I was brought to a fetal position on my left side with my arm extended in front off me.
The being sat on the bed much the same as a mother would tucking their child in.
The right hand was place on my extended hands, not forcefully but I could not pull my arms away, I struggled to do so, their left hand raise to their face, which was insect shaped, gesturing as one would the be quite and still.
The continued to struggle to free my arms as they preformed , as best as I can describe as a incantation.
I freed myself and awoke jumping out of my bed, breathing heavily.
That was 5 days ago, I believe the being cured me of two chronic addictions, 1 being 35 years and the other 20.
I have no withdraw symptoms or desire to return to them.
I wonder if anybody has ever heard of this.
I also wonder if it was real or a manifestation on my own.
If real why.
Thanks

whoa !!

never heard of that before.. but I have heard of 'being' that visisted the wife of a very close good friend of mine, caused havoc in their marriage .. but, I've NEVER heard of a visitation of healing ...

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: everyone

The matrix is is phylosophical yes but it is also based on real and feasable science which is called "The holographic universe theory".

I'm aware of this theory and I'm also aware a lot of people on ATS have only a superficial understanding of it that makes them say "this means we live in a matrix" when it's not what this theory says. It's only what the daily mail and other stupid papers have be using as dramatic headlines but if you read the theory fully you would see it's wrong.

It's as incorrect as the people who say "humans are only using 10% of their brains" and other pseudo-scientific claims like that.

The holographic theory does NOT mean we literally live in a simulation. Far from it. Have you even read this theory yourself? I doubt you have.

Most people on ATS simply repeat what they read on generic news site, but they never take the time to understand what it all means.
edit on 13-4-2015 by JUhrman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: JUhrman

originally posted by: everyone

I'm aware of this theory and I'm also aware a lot of people on ATS have only a superficial understanding of it that makes them say "this means we live in a matrix" when it's not what this theory says. It's only what the daily mail and other stupid papers have be using as dramatic headlines but if you read the theory fully you would see it's wrong.

It's as incorrect as the people who say "humans are only using 10% of their brains" and other pseudo-scientific claims like that.

The holographic theory does NOT mean we literally live in a simulation. Far from it. Have you even read this theory yourself? I doubt you have.

Most people on ATS simply repeat what they read on generic news site, but they never take the time to understand what it all means.

yes i have , in fact i have Michael talbots book 3 feet away on a bookshelf and i can asure you that i have read it and the theory does not exclude this very obvious possibility. I think it is you who missed a few steps while reading about this theory.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: everyone

Nothing could exclude such a possibility. It's like trying to disprove god.

It's not what this theory is about though, and certainly not its conclusion.

Edit: Sorry I thought you were talking about the scientific theory called holographic principle. Not about a spirituality book called the holographic universe. We were obviously not talking about the same thing since this book is a speculative work.

Of course this reality we experience is simulated by our senses. The problem is when pseudo science twists this into "we live in a computer simulation" which is obviously silly and a result of the matrix movie fad.
edit on 13-4-2015 by JUhrman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Even if this is a simulated reality
a reply to: Enlil2215
So how does this end? What if we were in a simulated reality being manipulated by a program who's inventors themselves, were in a simulated reality ?? All said and done, WHO CARES?? Why waste (like I'm doing now) life on things that are uncontrollable and or unchangeable ? It's all about LOVE, just LOVE.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: JUhrman

The theory has no conclusion at all FYI and It does in fact cover the possibility of simulation.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join