It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two Minutes Hate and Media Manipulation

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

"the collective" are the folks so totally "inured (launches into morpheus' speech to neo) so hopelessly dependent on the system, that they will fight to protect it."

you think the system is belief in a big guy. but what if the big guy is you, outside the timeline. time is an instant symphony, segregated into bits of data for your perusal and experience. not a collective of others, but a collective of you. you then, and you later and you now. you 10 minutes ago and 10 minutes from now. why would you not want you, to exist? self-defeating, i'd say (but then i don't mind myself). you must insist on existing unless you don't like you, otherwise you will erase your collective self.

"do not let your good be evil spoken of."

edit on 13-4-2015 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Ok you getting whipped in an online Morph like world of warcraft by kids and frustrated because the super powers you thought your possessed are not working...Lol! Deal with it.

edit on 13-4-2015 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: undo

Very wise words, and their significance does not escape me.

We are all cells in the Collective Body, each with our specialization and function.

It never made sense to me when the mind went to war with the feet, liver or eyes merely because they have a different function and purpose for the unified collective. There has been so much infighting within the social body on some popular issue of the day I felt left of little recourse.

A lot of the recent social turmoil just sat with me the wrong way and I needed an outlet for diversionary trains of thought.

I apologize if my initial post was somewhat rushed and non-inclusive of these higher-mind ideas.

I don't write threads very often, and when I do, they are rarely perfect or popular.

So it goes I suppose.

a reply to: AthlonSavage

LOL!

Althon, you snide fox.
You caught me farming boar in the woods again to level up my XP.
Darn you!

No worries, I'll be back at the tavern swapping adventurous and outlandish tales of adventure soon enough.

FOR THE ALLIANCE!

FOR THE HORDE!

(or, as they say in my little encampment)

FOR THE LULZ!

'Big Brother' can listen in all he wants, as he is wont to do.

I earnestly hope he'll snicker and at the very least, enjoy a casual chuckle at the profound levels of absurdity we've mastered over the decades.

edit on 4/13/15 by GENERAL EYES because: there is always that little edit after posting....alas, poor Yorik.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 04:25 AM
link   

I used to play wow but I got banned because I bought 200k of gold. Great game mabey the best Morph ever made.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 05:14 AM
link   

To be brutally honest, I simply don't have the connection speed or computer capable of running the graphics.

Stuck out here in the boonies with little more than text-based games from the 1980's to keep me entertained.

Mostly just HHGTTG, but that's neither here nor there.

Still enjoying your Two Minutes Hate on on your front?

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 05:25 AM
link   

You should really upgrade to a gaming computer, the high end graphics are impressive. I had some crack up time on wow, and I loved all them places like astanar , nigh elve forrest, the barrens, my pet raptor and flying a mount, and the mob assausts in AV and Warsong Gulch. Its like being a kid again.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Heh.

If I want to relive my childhood and feel like a kid again I'm going to have to go further down the Memory Hole.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Buy a new computer and pick an online role playing game, try Eve universe or Wow or ?? some thing else. There are a lot of different games out there. If you install Dosbox on your machine u will be able to play all the vid games from 80s and 90s. Duke nukem from 1996 is fun.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Enjoyable read.

Luckily for us, our two-minutes of hate are not mandatory. It's this fact that makes the apathetic cynic a bird singing about his cage, perhaps not yet realizing the door is wide open.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

You are very perceptive and thank you for bring this Truth to light here in thread.

Two Minute Hate isn't mandatory, you are very correct in that observation.

Thank you again for your wonderful perspective.
It is indeed wise to remember.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 05:11 AM
link   

try Eve universe I think youll like it. Astronavigation was never funner.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join