It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Say Thanx Obaama:

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Thanks obama... now I can breathe a little better while getting screwed.. You thank maybe you can go in the lube business so it will not hurt so much?

edit on 13-4-2015 by SkipperJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 05:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cuervo
a reply to: Spider879

History will tell of a far more competent President Obama than the current GOP portrayal being pushed.

We've never expected a president to be perfect until he took office. That's the problem.

It isn't always Obama's policies that people like me hate, it is the manner in which they are imposed and/or the manner in which they are forced upon us. Lowering pollution is a great thing, but there are other things to consider too and rules that our country has in place for how you go about doing so. Not saying he did, but...if you cure cancer by forcing companies to spend all their time working on the problem, and maybe bankrupt the company, cause a loss of jobs, etc...and the whole idea that government can force a company to do something they shouldn't have to...and force this policy through by ignoring the checks and balances, bypass congress, etc...it is still something to be pissed about.

This man isn't God or King and his OPINION isn't the will of all of the people. We all have different views and opinions and even the ones you don't agree with are still valid and important. We live in a mixed society of differing people with different jobs, problems and wants. Our system is in place to assure that EVERYONE gets a say and consideration. Obama, however thinks people don't play into the equation...they don't matter. It is his way and his ideas or nothing.

And that pretty much applies to all democrats. Look at Harry Reid recently saying lying to people is OK if he gets what he wants. THAT is the liberal stance. I'm right...you're stupid...what I say SHOULD be law. You know...something only a God or King should say. And I don't want to be ruled by anyone.

Thus...I will NEVER vote for a liberal, progressive or democrat. I want my freedom as promised by our core values, morals and laws. If I wanted to be forced and lied to...I could try to move to North Korea, Russia, Iran, etc.

I don't hate the man standing in the oval office...I hate what he does, how he does it and some, but not all of his policies.
edit on 4/14/2015 by WeAreAWAKE because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Oops...clicked quote by mistake.
edit on 4/14/2015 by WeAreAWAKE because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 05:21 AM
link   

I'm still trying to thank him for Obamacare.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 06:24 AM
link   
I appreciate Obama for getting the economy back on track after the republicans gave it away witH overseas wars and corporate outsourcing. The middle class collapsed and Halliburton made a fortune.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 06:24 AM
link   
I appreciate Obama for getting the economy back on track after the republicans gave it away witH overseas wars and corporate outsourcing. The middle class collapsed and Halliburton made a fortune.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: boymonkey74

Had he done any of that....i would be praising him for it.

And he has had some minor victories along the way. The common sense measures in the OP are an example.

Problem is...what he has done screams so loudly it is hard to hear anything else. Especially enslaving the populace to the insurance industry, and what has happened in Mexico.

My problem: i don't think anyone could hold that office without me hating them. But Obama....he really has outdone himself.

C'mon, that can't be pinned on Obama. While newsworthy, my Tecaté & tequila consumption south of the border is not the president's fault.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: here4this
a reply to: Krazysh0t
George Bush is no longer President and has not been for what , 6 years ? This thread is about our current President.

I'm just giving a comparison when someone says that Obama is the WORST President ever, then I reserve the right to bring up other Presidents to prove that notion wrong.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: here4this

??? I was referring to Bush with that comment. You were describing what looked like a bunch of questionable policies that Obama did and I trumped that by saying none of those policies trumps the illegal war that Bush [omitted] started.

You mean the one the Democrats in Congress voted for thus making the War perfectly legal?

Yes that one. I hope you don't think you are taking a hit against my team or anything. I'm not a Democrat and I blame the Congress that supported that war just as much as I blame Bush for starting it in the first place. So try again.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t
Actually , and not meaning to derail the thread , Obama was voted worst President in the modern era surpassing Jimmy Carter in several major polls.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: here4this

It's hard to trust such polls when conducted on a sitting President. Here is an article that gives a nice logical breakdown of what goes into determining if a President is truly awful or not.

5 Worst U.S. Presidents of All Time

Yes, Bush makes that list, but he isn't the worst we've ever had (according to the author of the article that is).

Here is page 2 of the article which talks about Obama's legacy.
page 2

For further reading, here is a HuffPro article that says that neither Bush nor Obama are the worst Presidents we've ever had (I agree with this moreso than the previous point that Bush is one of the worst).
Is Barack Obama the Worst President in American History?

Here are the worst and why:

In Recarving Rushmore, the four worst presidents -- falling below both Obama and George W. Bush -- were in rank order: James Polk, William McKinley, Harry Truman, and Woodrow Wilson. James Madison was correct that war is the primary cause of big government in American and world history. War creates a national security state, greater government intervention in domestic society and the economy, and promotes the state's erosion of cherished civil liberties. What these four presidents have in common is that they led the country into needless wars that changed America for the worst. James Polk purposefully started a war with a weak state, Mexico, to steal a third of its land and, in doing so, aggravated regional tensions that eventually led to America's most searing and cataclysmic war -- the Civil War. William McKinley undertook the Spanish-American War to launch the United States, which had revolted against the British Empire, into its own imperial role by acquiring colonies and beginning the long, interrupted trajectory toward America as an interventionist superpower. Harry Truman converted a local war in Greece into an expensive worldwide Cold War against the Soviet Union, which began with a stalemated hot war in non-strategic Korea that led to the creation of the national security state, the imperial presidency, and the shelving of the traditional requirement that the American people, rather than its leader, would decide if war was needed. Finally, Woodrow Wilson, ignoring America's tradition of staying out of Europe's wars, took the nation into World War I, which laid the seeds for the Bolshevik Revolution, Hitler's rise, World War II, and the Cold War.

So Barack Obama is a bad president whose stock is dropping, as I said on the show, because his war against ISIS is likely to make Islamic radicalism and terrorism worse; but Woodrow Wilson is the worst president in American history, because he ruined the 20th century and is now working on the 21st.

Sorry to hijack the thread for a history lesson, but much politics of the day could stand to use a dose of political history now and then.
edit on 14-4-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Oh my god. He's the president. He's supposed to do things right from time to time.

The fact that you started a thread to demonstrate that he did something right is sad in itself, isn't it?

I mean, think about it. You're basically saying, "Obama did something right! Let's all celebrate!!"

Most of us are mourning the fact that very little went right during his presidency.

In fact, he has proudly marched us to the New World Order faster than any other president. Your time might be better spent preparing for a difficult reality instead of finding one or two things to pat Obummer on the back about.

Seriously.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: MRuss

Oh my god. He's the president. He's supposed to do things right from time to time.

The fact that you started a thread to demonstrate that he did something right is sad in itself, isn't it?

I mean, think about it. You're basically saying, "Obama did something right! Let's all celebrate!!"

Most of us are mourning the fact that very little went right during his presidency.

In fact, he has proudly marched us to the New World Order faster than any other president. Your time might be better spent preparing for a difficult reality instead of finding one or two things to pat Obummer on the back about.

Seriously.

The reason behind the O.P wasn't to count the glories of Obama but to point out the fact that a lot of hair pulling on every issue he tackled was just back ground noise and unnecessary hysteria ,when things goes right his detractors find stuff to pull apart or remained mute but hostile, we are seeing much of this same hysteria over the Iran attempted nuclear deal the sky is falling says chicken little, whether the attempt is successful or not that's another story but even if it did go right will his detractors ever say... well done Mr President??

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   
After 6 years, even a rookie chicken farmer would know SOMETHING about chickens.

His failures far outweigh the good.

And as far as this CAFE mandate for vehicle MPGs, this and other regulations are why a decent midsize car is 1/4 the price of a modest home.

Now we have twin turbo 4 cylinders that will be super expensive to repair when the warranties run out. It's almost like planned obsolescence.

Next will be driverless cars, and we will officially be sheep enslaved to the government. No more going out for a night drive when your bored and driving aimlessly simply because you CAN, it will be "Please state your destination"

Regulation Nation.
edit on 15-4-2015 by poncho1982 because: typo

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   
It was windy today in Vegas.

Dang...Thanks Obama!

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Poor people can't afford the cars. The reason the MPG average is down is because the major increase in electric cars. Now if he could get the automobiles to get that out of a fuel using car, that would be something. And limiting CO2 because we're saving fuel usage but increasing electrical use to charge the batteries in my opinion. We're still killing the planet. Every little bit helps but it's nothing to write home about. Good for him.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   

" Where did those figures come from. "

The REAL WORLD .

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

" Where did those figures come from. "

The REAL WORLD .

Does that include Ur-anus??..

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Then there's the NON existant foreign policy thatPutin saw the void and reacted to it to start a new cold war.
Gutting the military of personel he found to be politically uncooperative.
Constant Gun grab attempts from the back door method of Chicago hustling.
RECREATING racial hatred from the 60s only reversed.
Ceating a series of gestapo like organizations to keep the American populace on edge.
Ignoring allies and offending the military.
Using politics to try to circumvent constitutionals laws so badly, articles or impeachment are discussed ,discussion of civil war is throught the roof,large scale martial law excercises are openly being acted out.

Yeah he's going to be remembered alright.
SLIGHTLY below the popularity of Jane Fonda from the military.
edit on 15-4-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   

I'm sorry but Obama has little to do with this.

European car manufacturers have been making their cars more Eco friendly and more economical for a decade if not more. Can we thank Obama for that as well? The Prez could have a catalytic converter dropped on his desk and he might not know what the hell he was looking at.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join