It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Defending Political Millionaires

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I don't get it, not one bit.

I see people arguing constantly on this site, but what is disturbing is that they have almost nothing in common with the politician they are defending.

An example: When someone points out president Obama's frivolous spending of hundreds of millions of dollars on family vacations, parties, and family entertainment. And then the opposite side points to other presidents that spent millions while they were in office.

Are we delusional or what?

Thinking about what these politicians spend for one vacation most likely exceeds what the average ATS member makes, in their entire lifetime, by 30 times.

This rant is not about starting a civil war, rally in DC, or to some how topple a government, but rather to see how silly it is to argue about someone, or some group that has nothing in common with you.

If politician's in a high office had any regard for the people they represent they would live within the same means, or very near to the same means, because it is actually tax payers money they are spending.

The blatant disregard and disrespect for their constituents is overwhelming, but what is even more disturbing is some of their mindless constituents are defending them because somehow they think they are doing a great job, and that spending hundreds of millions is ok.

Just think about how much of an impact it would make if a president said: "I was going to spend $30 million on my vacation this month, but instead decided to donate that money to 20 inner-city impoverished schools that need the money more." And then take a modest vacation like the rest of us.

When the media glorifies politicians, and spins a position that spending hundreds of millions on entertainment is somehow ok, and everyone can see it while they scrimp and save just to pay debt, bills, and hope for a weekend vacation............Well........

........It's times like this I want to take a large can of corn, and smash my man parts, just to take the pain away from my eyes and ears, while the madness consumes our world.

Alright I'm done.

And have a great day.

edit on 12-4-2015 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Millionaires I can live with. It's the billionaires that really get my shorts in a bunch.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

Millionaires I can live with. It's the billionaires that really get my shorts in a bunch.

Please don't hate me because I'm rich. I put my $5,000 bespoke suit on the same way you do. With the help of my personal assistant.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   
The problem with presidential vacations is the security circus involved, which is a huge part of the cost. Somehow I don't think tent camping in the Ozarks would be allowed for security reasons.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: eeyipes
T
Somehow I don't think tent camping in the Ozarks would be allowed for security reasons.

Oh, one could wish.

Bam out camping, banjo music starts playing, he gets a little sweet, sweet lovin' like the rest of the taxpayers have gotten.

Yeah, camping. Good times.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: eeyipes
The problem with presidential vacations is the security circus involved, which is a huge part of the cost. Somehow I don't think tent camping in the Ozarks would be allowed for security reasons.

Again why is it we try to justify the expenses somehow?

It's about mindfulness, respect, and being a true leader when many of their constituents in the USA are barely making ends meet, trying to pay excessive taxes for mufti-million dollar entertainment.

There are plenty of places politicians can go that doesn't cost much, even the president. And even high end camping.

Camp David

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 12-4-2015 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   
They continually justify and defend these people to avoid the psychological trauma they would endure by admitting to themselves (and perhaps more importantly, admitting to others) that they have been lied to and manipulated their entire lives--something they already know on a subconscious level.

Everything you've been told is a lie. Everything you think you know about the world is the result of propaganda.

This is a terrifying truth for most people, therefore they will avoid acknowledgement of it at all costs. Defending and justifying the elite pigs who care nothing about them is simply a method of reassuring themselves that the status quo is legitimate and that they aren't being groomed for slavery and slaughter.

It's a psychological defense mechanism.
edit on 4/12/15 by NthOther because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Realtruth

Please don't do the corn/man parts thing. This world needs people with incisive reasoning skills to breed.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Realtruth

I see people arguing constantly on this site, but what is disturbing is that they have almost nothing in common with the politician they are defending.

Most follow like a flock of sheep.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Like him or not, Bush went to Camp David about 150 times. He also spent a lot of time at his own Texas ranch. Obama, not so much, about 30 times at Camp David. He seems to prefer Hawaii and Martha's Vineyard .. which cost taxpayers a heck of a lot more money.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   

The blatant disregard and disrespect for their constituents is overwhelming, but what is even more disturbing is some of their mindless constituents are defending them because somehow they think they are doing a great job, and that spending hundreds of millions is ok.

Yep, you said a mouthful there. I cringe when people defend these self-serving career politicians and their political parties. They ignore the problems that affect the average American. Instead their priority is to jockey for position in the political arena. They can spend more time pointing the finger at each other, bowing down to corporations, bankers, oil companies and the rich, while their constituents are struggling to pay hospital bills, college loans, taxes and their monthly food and utility bills.

What's funny, is they complain about Obama not going to congress for a vote on an issue, yet at the same time, they don't listen to the problems faced by their own constituents!!! They have no problems spending trillions on the military, yet turn their backs on the nation's healthcare problem, outrageous college tuition, education funding, lowering taxes, cleaning up the environment, losing our constitutional rights, and putting a stop on sending jobs overseas.

new topics

top topics

join