It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CCW holster?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   
USA. Welcome to the Wild West, where everyone can carry a gun.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: babybunnies
USA. Welcome to the Wild West, where everyone can carry a gun.

Go troll somewhere else, dweeb.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Kramer. They're expensive but well worth it. I have one for my G19 and it's been washed a number of times and also chewed on by a dog. Still fits perfect and is incredibly comfortable.

It's made out of horsehide (which may or may not bother you). It kinda bugged me at first (grew up with horses) but I got over it. I think they make them with other types of hide as well.

I think this is the one I have. It's spendy, but I think it's worth it. Local shops finally started carrying them.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Added it to my youtube list to watch later. Thanks!

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Answer

I was wondering when one of them would show up. Thanks for handling it accordingly.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: ArnoldNonymous

I have a heavyduty Blackhawk reversal-either rt or lf, through the belt outside, or inside the waist-side lt or rt with switchable belt clip...and it has an attached pouch for an extra mag.

I carry a 45 acp subcompact iwb at 5 oclock right, and you hardly see it. Occasionally, for long drives or sitting...I may wear it iwb at 11 oclock on the left iwb to get to it quicker.

So-Blackhawk, Mag attachment, reversible lt-rt-inside or out, clip or belt-through for outside the pants wearing.

$26 bucks....I love that thing!

And comes with a safety strap as well...use it or not...I don't.

edit on 12-4-2015 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Most comfortable holster I have worn is the Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 2.0. Awesome price and warranty, PLUS if you ever change pistols you can send in the shell for a replacement to fit the new gun for free. I got two shells so I could swap out my EDC and love it!

www.aliengear.com.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: ArnoldNonymous

My favorite holster for med-Lg frame pistol is also the cheapest one I own, a Bulldog. It is comfortable, comes in 2 sizes, worn with belt--from Cabela's for $19.99. I've got Blackhawks, Galcos, Uncle Mike's, and they sit in a drawer and defer to the Bulldog.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I second the Alien Gear holsters. Comfortable and a great price, with a great warranty. Its my EDC holster.
If you ever get the cash together and are looking for a nice "flashy" holster, check out Zlogonje Gunleathers
Fantastic quality and awesome customer service.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 05:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Answer

I've witnessed a lot of very sloppy attempts to draw from concealment during training, especially with IWB and the dumbest method: ankle carry. Most people can't draw their concealed handgun well during a no-stress training scenario... much less the real deal. Keep it very simple. If it's the least bit awkward, it's going to become very difficult in a high-stress situation and real life never happens like you think it will. My favorite is watching people fumble around during carjacking scenarios because they never bothered to practice drawing while seated and belted-into an automobile.

One thing's for sure: you can easily hide that thing so well that you'll never get it out in time.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 06:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: ArnoldNonymous
The wife and I are about to pack up and move to Arizona! Great news about that is AZ is a constitutional carry state.

I have a Sig SP2022 and want to carry it when I can. I already own a Blackhawk Serpa holster, but would like to get a holster with less of a footprint and one that will be comfortable to wear.

I have looked into a lot of different holsters, but I don't feel like dropping $50-100 on something that I won't use because I don't end up liking it.

Any and all input is appreciated.

You may not feel like it, but you will... More than once...

Best answer of the thread, but something is missing...

Before you even thing about a holster, you have to have a good gun belt. A good belt will run you $80-$100 minimum for something plain Jane, blinged out, the sky is the limit, but without a good belt, a "perfect" holster can't perform.

As far as IWB carry goes, most abandon it after a short time, or become CCW "part timers." It's uncomfortable, you have to up-size your pants, draw mechanics are abysmal, did I mention it is uncomfortable? I have the obligatory drawer of holsters, most are custom made, what do I use for EDC? A Blackhawk! SERPA on one of several horsehide gunbelts from The Beltman. My EDC is a Springfield XDM Compact .45, concealable, but not a small pistol; my typical "day" is 14-16 hours... That's a long time to carry.

Enjoy Arizona and update us with your progress.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join