It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Enough with LGBT threads and outcry.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker
I suspect the dirty little secret behind this issue is the demand to treat Homosexuality and heterosexuality equally.

In fact, oh am I going to be in trouble for this one, is they are not equal and will never be equal.

One act continues the race, the other is an indulgence. That isn't "equal" in my books. I could care less about the private act of indulgence. None of my business.

Ramming one's indulgence down my throat, in my face and into my life turns me, at least politically, against the movement when I wasn't previously.

That's the point these guys don't get. They're increasing the angst against them, not decreasing it.

Thank you for the courage and integrity to comment on it.

You sir are a Boss(in a good way). Well said.

Just take my 100th post!

On the subject of the bathroom shenanigans. its for males and females... not likes males and likes females or relates to males and relates to females.... simply males and females, nothing confusing there. *tip toes away from that bomb*

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Lol. As a gay man and a n ATS member I have not seen a gay post daily.

Also just so you know. There is a difference between gay and trans gender. In other words if there is a post about a transgender person I hope you are not putting that in the gay category, because they are not even remotely close to being the same.

Oh yeah....DENY IGNORANCE!
edit on 12-4-2015 by kurthall because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: kurthall

Actually, there's a lot that is similar between the two. The difference being the first set up the push for the second.

As a screaming two year old finally gets his way from tired parents, he starts screaming for something else that he isn't getting. It's called re-enforcement....

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Well, I don't see many threads on the issue. a few sprinkles here and there. for the most part, I don't visit them unless there is a interesting discussion about civil liberties being brought up. not because I am disgusted at the concept of homosexuality/sexuals, I am indifferent, it just doesn't relate to my general ats issues...so it doesn't really pop out at me unless again, there is a specific item of relevance.

I think if you are raging against the few threads that come out here and there, then ironically the discussion may be more relevant to you than you are consciously aware of.

like a person with food addiction screaming to stop discussing recipes?

Be who you want. I don't give a crap. Its a public forum, and a marginalized group no doubt have a great perspective on conspiratorial aspects in society.

Now, you know what threads I really hate on ATS....none..because if I don't like discussing the subject matter that much, I don't click on it.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall
Lol. As a gay man and a n ATS member I have not seen a gay post daily.

Also just so you know. There is a difference between gay and trans gender. In other words if there is a post about a transgender person I hope you are not putting that in the gay category, because they are not even remotely close to being the same.

I wonder if your sentiments are in the majority with the gay community because they get lumped together. maybe thats the media's fault?

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Actually, there's a lot that is similar between the two. The difference being the first set up the push for the second.

As a screaming two year old finally gets his way from tired parents, he starts screaming for something else that he isn't getting. It's called re-enforcement....

Ugh, no, just no. A transgender person is a straight person born with the wrong parts. A gay person is born with the right parts but are attracted to the same sex.

Is that simplistic enough for you?

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: robbeh
a reply to: Telos

lgbt should visit a middle east country and start there whining there....

Because they could be murdered abroad they should accept what they have here and be happy?

Like a circus elephant should dance for peanuts because he may be hunted for his ivory in Africa.

Grow the hell up.
edit on 12-4-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   

I hope you are not putting that in the gay category, because they are not even remotely close to being the same.

tbh, I am soo confused about the trans thing. they (the intertubes) never really specify what T is...is it hermaphrodites, or transvestites (guys in dresses), or post op former men, or...
I am quite confused about it mostly because there is now a debate (?) on identifying someone as a he or she. Seems now I am meant to ask someone if they are a male or female now, else it is rude.
(of course you will most likely get slapped or punched down here in the south if you ask someone that question)

Its relatively confusing because seemingly if you have a penis, you are a man, else, you are a woman..drivers license is pretty clear here, so why then are trans people trying to get people punched or slapped?

Also, what is "queer"...twice now I have been told by women that they were queer...I said ok..so gay? and they said no...man..the 90s kids are very confusing. I blame tumblr

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Actually, not a bad spin.

I'd rebut, both dissatisfied with their natural functions, one merely ignores the equipment's 'owner's manual', the other purchases after market options...

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Telos
So stop crying for rights and equality

Really! Jesus! As straight people, we've got our rights and equality, so just shut up about rights, will ya? LOL! /sarcasm

I think it's pretty funny you hate LGBT threads so much, you started a new one! LOL! I haven't seen a new one for about a week or more. Maybe I missed it. Would appreciate a link.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Ugh, no, just no. A transgender person is a straight person born with the wrong parts. A gay person is born with the right parts but are attracted to the same sex.

Is that simplistic enough for you?

wait..so when guys are all "I am actually a lesbian", they are saying they are trans...just being unaware that that's what ultimately they are saying.
like..one day they may wake up and realize "holy crap, I think I actually am a lesbian in a mans body"?

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

originally posted by: Telos
So stop crying for rights and equality

Really! Jesus! As straight people, we've got our rights and equality, so just shut up about rights, will ya? LOL! /sarcasm

I think it's pretty funny you hate LGBT threads so much, you started a new one! LOL! I haven't seen a new one for about a week or more. Maybe I missed it. Would appreciate a link.

Can you please relate to the post you took that phrase from? And here is the thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Two days ago was another one. Then onther one...

And yes, I had to start a new one using the word LGBT (Oh my why did I even do that) in order to stop reading the LGBT in the future. I appreciate your opinion anyway but it does nothing to change mine.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ironhawke
Yes, we have a super secret, terrible agenda...here's our list of demands :

1.) to have the exact same rights as you.You already have them
2.) to not have bigotry and hate shoved down our throats in the name of a falsely held view of what a radical, liberal, compassionate Middle Eastern man said. no one shoves this down your throat you can choose to ignore them
3. the same damn rights as you you already haver them
4.) to stop having a heterofascist view forced on us. no one forces you to a heterofacist view or to accept it as you yourselves already practice openly without persecution
5.) those Constitutional rights you have? we want them too you already have them
6.) did I mention we want the same protections.you already have them

all the anti-homosexual laws were removed or are not used against homosexuals since the 1960's. 1, 3, 5 and 6 are all the same so basically you have four points and all of them you already possess 1, and you can openly reject 2 and 4.

"Homofascist". The Dark Side is strong with this one, young Skywalker....

It seems to me what the agenda is to have everyone accept their lifestyle choice. The problem is I reject the lifestyle choice of drug addicts and criminals.

Should we make them a protected class of people with rights to do drugs and criminal activities that jeopardize our lives by their practices.

I let you live relatively unmolested because your choice is yours but to force me to participate in it is utterly wrong.

edit on 12-4-2015 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Honestly, I'm sick of this in the news as well.

Just live your lives and do your thing people. I don't want to hear about anyone's lifestyle or preferences or orientation, hetero or otherwise.

The west is sex and sexuality obsessed.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn

originally posted by: Ironhawke
Yes, we have a super secret, terrible agenda...here's our list of demands :

1.) to have the exact same rights as you.You already have them
2.) to not have bigotry and hate shoved down our throats in the name of a falsely held view of what a radical, liberal, compassionate Middle Eastern man said. no one shoves this down your throat you can choose to ignore them
3. the same damn rights as you you already haver them
4.) to stop having a heterofascist view forced on us. no one forces you to a heterofacist view or to accept it as you yourselves already practice openly without persecution
5.) those Constitutional rights you have? we want them too you already have them
6.) did I mention we want the same protections.you already have them

all the anti-homosexual laws were removed or are not used against homosexuals since the 1960's. 1, 3, 5 and 6 are all the same so basically you have four points and all of them you already possess 1, and you can openly reject 2 and 4.

"Homofascist". The Dark Side is strong with this one, young Skywalker....

I seems to me what the agenda is to have everyone accept their lifestyle choice. The problem is I reject the lifestyle choice of drug addicts and criminals.

Should we make them a protected class of people with rights to do drugs and criminal activities that jeopardize our lives by their practices.

I let you live relatively unmolested because your choice is yours but to force me to participate in it is utterly wrong.

Well, here is the thing
Gay folk don't already have them. plenty of states still don't allow same sex marriage, nor the benefits that come with same sex marriage (legal/visitation/etc).

You realize you equated sexual identity and attraction between grown adults with crime and addicts, yeah? whats wrong with you?

I don't think anyone demanded..or even requested you to participate. I get the impression if your local gay chapter was holding a hug fest, you would actually be asked to leave if you had shown up...so yeah..who is playing the victim?

If you aren't gay, then just ignore it as it doesn't involve you. just let people be who they want to be, love who they want to love, and buy PC over consoles for your gaming needs..life will be better all around that way.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
Honestly, I'm sick of this in the news as well.

Just live your lives and do your thing people. I don't want to hear about anyone's lifestyle or preferences or orientation, hetero or otherwise.

here here

you got that right

edit on 12-4-2015 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX
buy PC over consoles for your gaming needs..life will be better all around that way.

I think if anyone walks away with a message from this thread, it should be this.

link   
a reply to: Telos

Perfect example of what you are talking about is unfolding where I work. We have a diversity committee that deals with trying to create a more diverse campus. Of course the emphasis has always been on minority and international students. Recently, a new colleague joined the committee and is hell bent on making the committee all about LGBT issues. She won't shut up about it. Anyone trying to discuss ethnic minorities is cut off. It's as if it's LGBT vs the rest of the world (even other minorities). Of course since no one wants to be perceived as "the bad guy", they simply resign. People are jumping ship. These are people who have served for years. And I'm not talking about white men, because there is an unwritten rule that they are not allowed. I'm talking females and ethnic minorities. It's a prefect example of how you can turn people off with your message. If you disagree with OP, you are likely exactly what I am talking about here.

link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Lets force them out of ATS to their own LGBT community Forums where they can shout till the cows come home.

WTF?

Please explain if my reading comprehension let me down or my sarcasm'o'meter was wobbly...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join