It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something small but paranormal happened to me

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 06:21 AM
link   
I kid you not this is real.

So in Std6 I had an RE (religious education) teacher, Mr Giddy.

I'm now 36 years ols so this was years and years ago.

Two weeks ago out of the blue I thought of Mr. Giddy and I even wondered why I was thinking about him. Then I wondered if he was still alive. Then I quite literally thought nothing of it but put it put of my head dismissing it as a curious quirk.

I kid you not. The next day on facebook a friend of mine I'd been at school at posted a memorial to Mr. Giddy who had died the previous day.

Why did I think of Mr. Giddy and wonder if he was still alive after all those years and on the day he died?

Guess ill never know.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 06:36 AM
link   
a reply to: HD3DSURROUNDSOUND

According to me, that happens to a lot of people but usually nobody says something.

In some religions, you'd be required to pray a lot for that soul.
edit on 12-4-2015 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Believe it or not, this is actually quite common. You think about someone and the next day this someone makes it to the death notice page.

Must be pure coincidence - no causation whatsoever.

Well, I hope it is pure coincidence. Otherwise I will owe Leslie Neilsen much apologies...

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 07:11 AM
link   
It does happen. It happened to me.
About thirty-five years ago, I woke up at 3 in the morning and thought about my cousin. He was killed in a car accident at about that moment about 20 miles away.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

But why me. I only met him once or twice, I havnt thoubout him for years and we had nno special connection (that I know about)

I do feel strangely llike something in my psyche was connected with. Him and not him connected with me. Its like if I hadn't had a premonition about his death my life would not be right or something. Weird!

I don't believe you can pray fir a soul after they die.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: HD3DSURROUNDSOUND

Aren't souls technically immortal??

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 07:21 AM
link   

The pragmatic approach here would be to say that you have thought about this man before, in the past.

You only remember this time, because he passed away.

Or it is some sort of paranormal event...who knows

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Guess ill never know.

Perhaps he thought of you too as he shed him mortal coil and sent out that energy into the ether for you to recieve.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 07:40 AM
link   

a reply to: Trueman

But why me. I only met him once or twice, I havnt thoubout him for years and we had nno special connection (that I know about)

I do feel strangely llike something in my psyche was connected with. Him and not him connected with me. Its like if I hadn't had a premonition about his death my life would not be right or something. Weird!

Find out in what circumstances he died. Was he aware or is there a chance that his soul doesn't understand he is dead?

Praying for his soul could be more related to you than him. The fact that he was almost an stranger for you allows you to proceed without emotional obstructions.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 07:46 AM
link   
It has happened to me too, a few times.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Happens. It happens to some of us more than others, it seems, though... and some of the incidents are paradigm shattering and in no way a simple coincidence.

Incidents like the one you tell of was one of a litany of odd experiences that convinced me the 'paranormal' was more normal... just not understood.

I wish more educated, mainstream materialist-leaning folks would accept that fact and give the subject the study it deserves... once understood, it will open up the universe, imo of course.

The problem is that it is tied to our consciousness, and is thus ephemeral... but there are ways to study the prison one is locked into.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Was this teacher one with whom you had a connection? Meaning, did you get along well, and like this person? We do have spiritual connections, and if you were close, it's possible you could have felt something.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 06:06 AM
link   

You obviously created a "psychic tie" to your instructor when you knew him.
This article explains it:

Psychic Ties

Psychic ties are small connections that form between you and another person when you interact. They look like tiny threads, akin to webs of energy communication that form between us. They form between you and anyone you interact with. This could be in person, such as close family members and friends or it could be from a distance — people you watch on the TV, artists whose music you listen to and people you read about in newspapers.

When these psychic ties form, it means that a little psychic and telepathic connection has been formed between you and the other person. This tie will exist on the level of the astral realm and unconscious mind. This means that you are more likely to think of the other person out of the blue and be connected with what he or she thinks and feels.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   
During my last vacations, I just felt like listening to some songs of Leonard Nimoy's Spaced Out. As you might imagine per the thread, the next day It was announced that the day before he had died.

It's not like I never feel like listening to those songs, every once in a while I do, pretty sure it's not more than twice a year, LOL. Just an odd coincidence.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   

I kid you not this is real.

So in Std6 I had an RE (religious education) teacher, Mr Giddy.

I'm now 36 years ols so this was years and years ago.

Two weeks ago out of the blue I thought of Mr. Giddy and I even wondered why I was thinking about him. Then I wondered if he was still alive. Then I quite literally thought nothing of it but put it put of my head dismissing it as a curious quirk.

I kid you not. The next day on facebook a friend of mine I'd been at school at posted a memorial to Mr. Giddy who had died the previous day.

Why did I think of Mr. Giddy and wonder if he was still alive after all those years and on the day he died?

Guess ill never know.

I think that this is not an uncommon thing.

I had an older co-worker that stopped working due to cancer. One day, I started thinking about him, so did two other colleagues of mine. So we called one of his oldest friends to ask about him. That friend had heard nothing, but the next day called me back and said that Richard had passed away on Wednesday (the day before) at around 3:30pm. Very close to when we had all started thinking about him.

Not sure if it's "paranormal" or if it's just our minds way of "feeling" that a connection has been severed.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   

As others have already stated, this isn't a rare incident. I posted the explanation for why this happens in a prior post here.

I had a co-worker several years ago that developed brain cancer. She quit, but came back to work after treatments. They said it was gone, in remission for the time being. Then one day I noticed she hadn't been at work in some time. People said she had been sick.
I think probably a couple of years went by, and I basically forgot about her. Then one day she just popped into my thoughts out of the blue. I was wondering how she was doing. Then that evening I read in the paper where she had died.

This happens to me a lot. Usually, I think of someone I haven't seen since school days then I'll run into them in town or something. It's very odd and surprising when it happens, but it's just one of those things that connect us to one another.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   

You may not have had much of a connection to Mr Giddy, but you were more connected to others who knew that he had died.

I think information passes between people on many subtle levels and we all 'tune in' to an extent.

I used to notice that occasionally a newspaper crossword puzzle would be hard to do, so I'd leave it. The next day when I went back to it, it would seem considerably easier. Was that because I'd been mulling it over at some deep level or because the solution had been printed and I'd 'tuned in' to other people who had already read the answers?

I tend to believe in an 'inner grapevine'

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Really interesting phenomenon.

Check this out
www.youtube.com...

@ 2:00

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   
There's quite a few people I've thought about and hopefully they don't drop dead if that is the case.

I do believe that maybe there was something that triggered you to think about this person. Maybe you saw something at a store or on TV that subconsciously triggered a memory of this person. It happens to me often. I'll see something that kinda makes me thing, hey whatever happened to so and so.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I had a similar incident happen. Only it was with somebody of whom I had no personal relation.

I've always been curious about the subject of UFOs/ETs and out of the blue one day I had a thought "I wonder if Betty Hill died?". Betty Hill was a famous alleged ET abductee. I looked online and news of her death was posted less than an hour previous to my thought.

I thought it curious why I would even wonder about her dying as it's not something I would normally ponder.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join