It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Idaho lawmakers kill bill to track child support deadbeats over fears of Sharia law ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   
If anyone can decipher this one please let us all know because it is apples and orange grenades as far as I can tell.

A bill that would have allowed Idaho authorities to monitor and track child support payments was killed in committee on Friday after Republican lawmakers warned it could compel the state to observe Sharia law, reports the Boise Weekly.

Senate Bill 1067 would have allowed Idaho officials to use the federal government’s existing system to provide enforcement after tracking down deadbeat parents.

Because the federal system is tied to the Uniform Interstate Family Support Act, which includes agreements with the Hague Convention on International Recovery of Child Support and Family Maintenance agreed to by Muslim-majority countries such as Bosnia and Albania, Idaho lawmakers fear the influence of creeping Sharia law.

www.rawstory.com...
Here is the latest distraction, soon to be talked about over and over if my guess is right.
If the loonies(law makers) gain anymore control of the system we should all just throw up our hands and walk slowly away into the ocean and revert to amoebas again I think. This is getting out of hand anyway one looks at it as nothing seems to make much sense anymore.

edit on 11-4-2015 by bluemooone2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: bluemooone2

Wait, so we don't want to track people not paying child support cause Sharia law?

Seriously?

Is anyone able break this down in layman's terms?

Napoleons Corporal is confused

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Fear is the new black. Seems like it drives a helluva lot below the border.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Join the club, no dont join the club that would be bad hmmmmk ,wait you mean I should join the club? Yes! But only on fridays! Its US politics at it finest. Now whose confused over something so simple? (whispers just vote yes) and yes its stupid, but I think they just want to get in a dig at sharia to look good or something.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Wait, so we don't want to track people not paying child support cause Sharia law?

Seriously?

Is anyone able break this down in layman's terms?

Napoleons Corporal is confused

I'm just as confused as you are. I just don't get it.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   
It's like..

We are stopping this law...just because.

Oh and don't forget the dirty Muslims...

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   

“There is no specific language in the bill that would protect the rights of those dealing with parentage, child support and support orders from a foreign country that would contradict our laws here, ” said Sen. Sheryl Nuxoll (R). “There are other countries listed in the treaty—France, Belgium— that have recognized Sharia courts as quasi-courts. So I just feel that you should be aware of those facts.”

With other Republicans agreeing, including Rep. Kathy Sims (R) who said, “We don’t need to invite foreign law in Idaho,” the House Judiciary and Rules Committee shot the bill down.

Nice of her to let everyone aware of them facts, what a bunch of WTF wrapped up in a neat little ball of LOL

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   
More Republican idiocy. Because a country with muslims agrees to follow an agreement that has nothing to do with Islam, that mean Sharia law?

Are there even any muslims in Idaho? WTF.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
More Republican idiocy. Because a country with muslims agrees to follow an agreement that has nothing to do with Islam, that mean Sharia law?

Are there even any muslims in Idaho? WTF.

Idaho will be attracting deadbeat Muslim dads from around the world now that they know they will be safe from the Hague there.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

They will be attracting all the deadbeats.

You make it sound like they are worse then anyone else...

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   
The one statement being over looked!

“There is no specific language in the bill that would protect the rights of those dealing with parentage, child support and support orders from a foreign country that would contradict our laws here, ” said Sen. Sheryl Nuxoll (R). “There are other countries listed in the treaty—France, Belgium— that have recognized Sharia courts as quasi-courts. So I just feel that you should be aware of those facts.”

Now I am not an attorney, but it seems the Neocons on the right are becoming just as scared and subservient to Sharia as some of our current seated judges?

Sorry folks, but when we allow people from other countries into ours, they MUST abide by the same laws as us citizens do! Something is up with this one!

As far as those who are saying they don't get it?

Neither do I........

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Good points and thank you for being serious to augment my silliness here. You may be right. Something is up out there I think.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

But does foreign law now equal sharia?

Just say that the language is unclear, why go the extra mile to blame it on sharia when it it has nothing specifically to do with that then any other foreign set of laws involved.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

The basic law of the US comes from a foreign source. British Common Law. Just sayin.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   
So if you're paying child support, you're automatically labeled a deadbeat? I know a girl who went to Florida on vacation and came back pregnant with another dudes kid. Forced husband to sign divorce paper then went in facebook calling my friend a deadbeat.......wtf is this sh!t?

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: DOADOA

It is the people not paying that are the deadbeats.

Not those that just for whatever reason are now paying it.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: DOADOA

And all your friend had to post was "paternity test please".

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Autorico

Exactly, pretty simple to beat that.

That being said there are incidents where it didn't, but far from the regular.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Make that 3 of us. I don't understand what it is they're saying. Can anyone translate it from "Crazy to Normal" for me???

I don't even understand what their argument is in opposition here. Why would Sharia Law effect this exactly???

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Alright, I think I understand it, here goes;

Idaho Republicans are in opposition to a law that would allow seizure of assets of fathers of children that are living in Muslim-majority nations (like Bosnia and Albania) because those nations have child support laws that may or may not have origins in the Quran.

Example: Father leaves wife and child in Sarajevo, Bosnia and moves to Boise, Idaho. Father gets job and starts making money. According to international law that the United States has agreed to uphold and execute, father has to pay child support to wife and child in Bosnia only if the state of Idaho collects. These lawmakers have decided that Bosnia (although located in Europe) is too Muslim friendly and will not collect said child support payments.

I think that's it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join