It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible to delete/deactivate an ATS account?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Just wondering how I could go about deleting or deactivating my ATS account, or if that is possible? Also wondering if any images I have posted to ATS would remain, or if I would have to delete them manually?

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: DeadSeraph

ATS does not 'delete' accounts.

If you violate the T&C enough, you may be banned but only content in violation of T&C would be removed, the rest would remain.

As per the T&C:

17) Rights In Posted Materials: By posting on this message board, you relinquish all exclusive copyrights to any materials you Post and furthermore, you grant TAN non-exclusive, non-revocable worldwide, royalty-free rights to copy, distribute, display, reproduce, modify, adapt, create derivative works, and publicly perform the materials in perpetuity in all forms. This license applies to all works of authorship including, but not limited to, written materials (e.g., text), audio, audio-visual materials, graphics, and images (including, but not limited to, graphics and images used as avatars). You also grant all third parties the right to copy, distribute, display, reproduces, and publicly perform the materials you post under the terms of the Creative Commons License. TAN has the authority to decide to display your postings or not, and you grant TAN the right to modify your posts, remove offensive material, modify your post title to accurately reflect content, remove vulgar comments, remove insults, or delete any other content deemed inappropriate, all at our discretion.

This means that we own the content, but so do you. You're free to do with your content as you please, outside or ATS, but we also have that right.

ETA: If there is anything you would like removed, for whatever reason, you can file an alert with staff and we will discuss it.

~Tenth
edit on 4/11/2015 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Far as know cant delete account ... probably manually remove images ..

Why not just take holiday for awhile and come back later ? Will miss seeing your posts ..

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Just empty it and move on.

Who cares, its just a forum lol.

Shouldn't be posting personal stuff anyway.

edit on 11-4-2015 by bullcat because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Just have a break no need to throw the dummy out of the pram because people disagree with you.
Just have a week off and cone back.
Sorts me out every other month.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Just have a break no need to throw the dummy out of the pram because people disagree with you.
Just have a week off and cone back.
Sorts me out every other month.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   
It's not really about the images. I could nuke them one by one if I really needed to. I was just hoping there might be a way to simply push a button to go away and save myself a bunch of time

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Questions answered, OP satisfied...thread closed!

~Tenth

top topics

join