It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Human Harvest: China’s Organ Trafficking

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   
A new documentary produced by Australia’s SBS Dateline presents evidence from an investigation done by Nobel Peace Prize nominees David Kilgour and David Matas, and sheds new light on the organ harvesting that to this day is occurring in China.

Every year about 10,000 organs are harvested in China, yet there is a small number of people in the official donor list. So, from where does the majority of organs being harvested comes from?

The documentary gives evidence, including testimonies from nurses and surgeons who have come forward to explain that prisoners, including political prisoners/prisoners of conscience are used to harvest organs used in the multi-billion dollar industry.

Unfortunately, due to copyright issues the video is not available for people outside Australia, at least for now.

Some of the people from whom organs are being harvested includes Falun Gong/Falun Dafa members, the religion which was banned in China since 1999.

Human Harvest: China’s Organ Trafficking

By Leon Lee

Airdate:
Tuesday, April 7, 2015 - 21:30
Channel:
SBS One

10,000 organs are transplanted in China every year, yet there are only a tiny number of people on the official donor register.

It’s become a destination for people wanting to avoid waiting lists and get a quick transplant. The industry is said to be worth a billion dollars.

But where are the organs coming from?

“Somebody’s being killed for the organ,” human rights lawyer David Matas says. “There’s no other way to explain what’s happening.”

www.sbs.com.au...

There are an estimated 70 - 100 million Falun Gong members in China.

Investigators claim thousands of them have been detained by authorities.

“I testify to the atrocious crime that the hospital committed in removing livers and corneas from living Falun Gong members,” says former worker Annie.

“Some of them were still alive when they were secretly burnt in the incinerator that was in the boiler room.”

Her husband at the time was a surgeon responsible for removing organs. They fled China to escape the work, but he then faced an attempt to kill him.

“Some people in the hospital knew about this, but they were too afraid of being killed to speak up,” she says.

David Matas believes such evidence is the only way of explaining the fast availability of organs.

“Everywhere else in the world it would be months and years,” he says. “When you book a transplant in advance, for a heart transplant, and you go to China and you get a transplant within a few days.”

www.sbs.com.au...

The government of China, through Health Minister Jiefu Huang has for many years claimed that they only harvest organs from death row prisoners, and they even produced their own documentary to challenge the evidence from David Kilgour and David Matas' documentary.

Of note organ harvesting has also been done to people of other religions in China without their consent, including Christians and Uyghurs, as well as ethnic minorities.

In the video below the reporter also mentions the bi-partesan resolution H. Res 281, which was an attempt to get China to end the practice of organ harvesting from prisoners of conscience.

This is not the first time that evidence was uncovered by Canadian MP David Matas and David Kilgour that the government of China does harvests organs from religious members, including members of Falun Gong.

In 2006 they published the Kilgour–Matas report, a report requested by the Coalition to Investigate the Persecution of Falun Gong members, after allegations surfaced that organ harvesting was done on members of Falun Gong against their will in the Sujiatun Thrombosis Hospital.

Kilgour–Matas report

Here is a direct link to the Kilgour–Matas report from 2006.

REPORT INTO ALLEGATIONS OF ORGAN
HARVESTING OF FALUN GONG PRACTITIONERS IN CHINA

Here is a video from 2011 explaining what Falun Gong/Falun Dafa is, how it was outlawed in China, and how many of it's followers were imprisoned and sentenced to up to 18 years even though they committed no crime.

Isn't it time that something is really done about this?

edit on 10-4-2015 by ElectricUniverse because: add and corrent comment.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

Is there something in existence China will not traffick?

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Couple years ago I read a similar article to this. Then I also read that China executes more people, per capita, than any other country. This indicates that china has designed its legal system in such a way that a sufficient number of people are sentenced to death each year to ensure a continuous steady supply of people for the body part production line.

Perhaps other nations will soon have a race to the bottom, in terms of law reform, and try to achieve a body part supply chain that is more efficient than China's.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 08:56 AM
link   

That's just growse. I thought forced abortions were bad, but this is even worse.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   

this is why i refer to the CCP as cannibals

funny how the CCP claims Falun Gong/Falun Dafa is fake/hoax,
yet they seem to have a preference for Falun Gong/Falun Dafa practitioners organs...

the best and only certain way to stop organ trafficking is by pushing for stem-cell research
it's almost at the point that organs and limbs can be regenerated. any organization or individual fighting to restrict or ban it
is automatically suspect IMO, and is classed a cannibal in my book

F&S

but dont fool yourself, this is obviously part of a propaganda campaign, DONT BELIEVE FOR AN INSTANT THAT THIS ISN'T GOING ON IN THE WEST, ASK YOURSELF WHERE ALL THOSE MISSING KIDS IN AMERICA HAVE VANISHED OFF TOO, AND HOW CERTAIN INDIVIDUALS OF PROMINENCE IN THE WEST JUST WON'T DIE.
edit on 11-4-2015 by AdamuBureido because: added comment

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Thanks for the post. This was uncovered several years ago, but due to the chickenS%^$ "back-door" diplomacy agreement with China, few western governments will address it. EU VP Edward Macmillan Scott investigated it and everyone he met with was either thrown in prison, or "disappeared".

After his last visit to Beijing, in May 2006, all the dissidents and former prisoners-of-conscience with whom he had contact were arrested, imprisoned and in some cases tortured.

Source

They have tons of audio recorded from actual hospitals specifically asking for Falun Gong organs.

Example phone transcript from the Kilgour-Matas report you linked:

(3) Oriental Organ Transplant Centre (also called Tianjin City No 1 Central
Hospital),Tianjin City, (15 March 2006):
N: Is this Chief-Physician Song?"
26 -
Song: Yes, please speak."
N: Her doctor told her that the kidney is quite good because he [the
supplier,] practises ...Falun Gong."
Song: "Of course. We have all those who breathe and with heart beat...Up until
now, for this year, we have more than ten kidneys, more than ten such
kidneys."
N: "More than ten of this kind of kidneys? You mean live bodies?"
Song: "Yes it is so."

It is disgusting that any government would turn a blind eye, but they do for financial reasons. Thankfully people are waking up and speaking out. Even the US congress has made formal complaints, but the media barely takes notice. It is bad for business.

Just to be clear, this is 100% the CCP methodology. They have murdered nearly 80 million of their own since taking power. This is nothing like normal corruption, this is crimes of the worst kind. There response is just to deny, but people now know better. The Chinese people will be much better off when they get rid of this band of thugs.
edit on 11-4-2015 by Halfswede because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Halfswede

Thanks for the additional information, and yes, it is disgusting that this practice continues to exist. This latest evidence does corroborate that the illegal harvesting of organs from religious people, and ethnic minorities is not only condoned by the Chinese government, but the evidence shows that not only are they aware it is happening, but it is done under orders from higher ups in the chain of command in the CCP.

As for other nations doing something about this? I doubt it. Even former allies of the U.S. have now aligned with China's AIIB. UK support for China-backed Asia bank prompts US concern

UPDATE 4-More countries say to join China-backed AIIB investment bank

(Reuters) - Russia, Australia and the Netherlands on Saturday became the latest three countries to say they plan to join the China-led Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB), adding clout to an institution seen as enhancing China's regional and global influence.

in.reuters.com...

Those countries are more interested in the deal than in having China stop such a horrible practice as organ harvesting from religious people, and ethnic minorities. These countries will not do anything to sour their new deal.

Of note, this has been spoken of for a long time by former communist defectors since the 60s and 80s. This has been the deal that the international bankers, and communists set up to do more than 50 years ago.

edit on 11-4-2015 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Be sure and remind those who think the world would be a better place when China has dominion as the worlds superpower,about this.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   
When this first came to light, there were hospital websites in china blatantly advertising the organs with dollar amounts and wait times of a week. The investigators at the time archived the sites, so records exist, but the hospitals took them down as soon as they were exposed.

Many of the hospitals were directly linked to the PLA and often military involvement was the norm for transport and acquisition from various detainment facilities. Naturally eveything looked good when preplanned "inspections" took place, but prisoners and whistleblower doctors credibly say otherwise.

It reminds me of Jan Karski.
Eyewitness to genocide: He was first to warn of the Holocaust but no one believed him. How many lives could have been saved?

“My talk to Roosevelt was at the White House,” Karski recalled later. “I answered his questions, told him everything about the Jews, sparing nothing. I found it helped sometimes to shut my eyes and speak the facts as if I were a machine.”

“Tell your nation we shall win the war,” Roosevelt replied grandly, avoiding mention of Polish Jews in immediate peril.

So Karski kept trying. Accompanied by the Polish ambassador to the United States, he met with Supreme Court Justice Felix Frankfurter; and again, it was much the same: no real reaction.

Frankfurter asked Karski, “Do you know I am a Jew?”

Karski, a Catholic, did know that -- and told Frankfurter so.

Then the esteemed jurist told him, in reference to the death camps, “I can't believe you.”

Karski replied that he was speaking under the authority of the Polish government and there was no possibility in the world that he was not telling the unadorned truth.

Stretching his arms out, Frankfurter turned to the ambassador and said, “I did not say this young man is lying. I said I cannot believe him. There is a difference.”

edit on 12-4-2015 by Halfswede because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 01:08 AM
link   
a reply to: AdamuBureido

Well, making accusations that the west needs to engage in organ trafficking with nothing more than your word on it is less than honest. In fact its BS. I doubt in the west we harvest organs like them and most know that. Making an outlandish claim like that only proves 2 things.

1 you ate the west. Taking anything you say about it as more than that of an angry delusional person bent on making every issue about them is foolish.

2, you dont actually care about stem cell research or the victims of organ trafficking. You made that whole post just to throw propagandistic formulaic responses you have pre prepared into the mix. That is not helping the conversation by filling space with nonsense and lies.

I wonder if you worry about the abuses of the Russian prison system or the state of Russian health services as you do about those of the west? You never say a word about them, though they are bismol even compared to a third world nation. Only the rich get well in Russia. Oligarchs who can pay to but organs from China.

new topics

top topics

join