It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Monkey Species Identified From Its Unusual Penis And Scrotum

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: hoagy1199
a reply to: karmicecstasy
a reply to: TrueBrit

Yah - something's definitely going on with that link. It's works if I open "quote," copy the link and paste it into the bar. Otherwise no. Had some trouble getting a working YouTube link too. Please cut and paste this one:
www.iflscience.com/plants-and-animals/previously-unknown-monkey-species-identified-its-unusual-penis-and-scrotum

Ah, the mysteries of life.

edit on 10/4/15 by soficrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: soficrow

Got it. Thanks.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: soficrow

Ok the 8 mod removals are hilarious. The actual claim of a new species makes me wonder what constitutes a new species, and if this is just an example of the "Do something to get a grant / funding" game?

I mean, if all it takes to be news is science is have a crazy looking **** then these same scientists should peruse the internet for adult filmography...

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: SonOfThor

Well, from the article, it appears as if the researchers are trying to get hold of some genetic material from the monkeys in question, as opposed to killing one and vivisecting it, to gain a better understanding of the differences between the species they believe they have discovered, and the other species around it.

This is genuine science here, and as the article points out, comes out of a region which is fantastically biodiverse, but is difficult to do science in, because of the delicacy of the political situation in the region, and the risk that poses to researchers, and indeed the wildlife itself!
edit on 10-4-2015 by TrueBrit because: Grammatical error removed

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Yes, it's genuine science. And funny too. Which is one of the reasons I love science - it's serious, illuminating, mysterious, demystifying, confusing, clarifying, gratifying, funny, and more. A full package. [Ooops.]

edit on 11/4/15 by soficrow because: (no reason given)

<< 1   >>

join