It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brace Yourselves... You Only Have Two Days Left To Ready Yourself For GoT!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 04:38 AM
link   
I dont want to watch them! I already decided on a GOT marathon leading up to the beginning of this new season! Ahhhh... it's so tempting to watch the leaked episodes!!!!

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 06:45 AM
link   
For anyone who doesn't have HBO, they are doing a free weekend this weekend, so you can watch this weeks episode on HBO!

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

Thanks for that OB!!! I'm sure many can use that!!!

I of course... Am streaming it as I type.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

It didn't last long enough! They should have started the season with a two hour special!

hahaha

was a good show though! As always!

I was good, no spoilers!

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 10:35 PM
link   

I just finished it myself and it was good.

As far as I'm concerned it is one of the best shows on television these days. I could say more but I don't want to post spoilers either!!!

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 05:33 AM
link   
It was... kinda boring.

Expected more.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   

It took twenty minutes before the pirates already spilled the beans on one major event.

I don't have cable or an online subscription so I have to wait for the Blue-ray and by the time it comes out the internet has already spoiled it which is why I ignore any article that even mentions GoT.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Yeah I was wondering why they didn't do a 2 hour premier as well, this waiting a week for another episode is not for me. I was spoiled watching the older ones on DVD and on demand. So now I am forced to start from the very beginning and watch all the old episodes during the week. That way I get my fix every night.

Oh and hurry up and bring Kahl Drogo back already. How in the World could you kill off such a powerful character so early? We never even got to see him in battle. That was worse than killing Jimmy in the second season of Boardwalk Empire! ~$heopleNation

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 11:57 PM
link   
So they got a new season. Will probably watch it, though I dont generally watch TV and since they killed of certain charters and things, mainly strong belwas. Its not the same thing now without him, its kind of lame, that and for an author going for a more real life take on it, I got to say there has not been enough deaths in this series, but you know I suppose they got to keep it pc, that and if it was more real and they kill off more charcters, well there would be no story then.

But as far as TV shows goes, its one of the more entertaining shows out there. I will probably try to catch it once it gets a few episodes in and just do a night marathon on episodes, cant stand that whole wait till next week to see what happens next thing. You know its annoying, even when you already know whats going to happen, especially when you know whats going to happen.

But ya! The show has plenty of things to keep one interested in it.
edit on 11pmTuesdaypm142015f2pmTue, 14 Apr 2015 23:57:39 -0500 by galadofwarthethird because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 06:36 AM
link   
I just started watching a few days ago and liked it so much bought all 4 seasons on dvd. Well in to the second season now and I was praying Joffrey would die (hoping it's long and painful for him). Easy to go from LOTR or the Hobbit to GoT, especially since Boromir (don't know any of the actors names) was in it.

Other series I really enjoyed watching have been Caprica and Spartacus Blood and Sand, Gods of the Arena etc. Great to have series like these to turn to when you're tired and bored. No channel flipping or endless menu picking from Netflix.
Count me in as hooked!

So far I like the Imp best.)

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

We have the same taste!! There is a thread here that I authored...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Expressing my intense hate for Joffrey when I started watching it late in the game just like you did. I could reach through the tv and choke him out literally lol. He's an exceptional actor to be able to play that character that well.

The imp is also my favorite character too. You'll have to let me know how you like it as you progress. I think it's absolutely amazing and the scenery leaves you in awe as well.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: SheopleNation

Oh and hurry up and bring Kahl Drogo back already. How in the World could you kill off such a powerful character so early? We never even got to see him in battle.

Yes! Yes! YES!!!

Her new boyfriend is awful!! Not worthy, lol.

Also agree the first episode should have been 2 hours, it was over in a blink.

jacy

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

I was one of the bad ones that couldn't resist watching more than the first episode.
So now I have nothing for weeks lol. I'm like a child.

I agree about Drogo as well. I liked him much better.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Ohhhh! I'm so tempted to cheat and watch more, but I actually like having something to look forward to right now, lol. (as pathetic as that sounded)

Drogo is dreamy. For a 6' chick any guy that tall is appreciated though, lol.
Jason Momoa. Mmmmm.....

jacy

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: jacygirl

Yes! Yes! YES!!!

Her new boyfriend is awful!! Not worthy, lol.

Also agree the first episode should have been 2 hours, it was over in a blink.

jacy

Yeah I agree about her new Man. I am kind of thinking that eventually Jon Snow will be allowed to leave the Wall and will hook up with Calise and rule with her, but I would prefer they bring back Drogo.

Watching the older episodes is nice cause you notice things that you missed before. Plus, being familiar with all the characters at the beginning gives a better perspective. Here jacy, this one is for you. ~$heopleNation

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

I tried to resist, but failed lol. That's how boring my life usually is.

6'???? I'm a munchkin coming in at 5'3 1/2". You know you are short when you add the half.

He was rather dreamy. I hated him at first but grew to like him a lot more as the season drew on. I am always tempted to look up what will happen later according to the books, but I actually DO resist that because that would ruin the whole thing for me I think. I love reading and would have read the books had I known of them beforehand. I will likely read them at some point though.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Doing a mini-marathon this weekend. Just got to where Snow is captured. I can't afford to read other posts though as I'm learning tidbits too early. I want Drogo back too, I thought it bloody shame to kill him off without even seeing the man fight. Definitely a badass and can understand his appeal to the opposite sex.

Will post more as I watch on.
Thanks for tipping me off to the series, great stuff!

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Thank God Joffrey is dead (I HATED that twit!!! = great acting).
Poor Tirrian, he steps out of one fire and into another.
I hope he can go to Pentos and patch things up with his true love.
However, the writers of this show seem to take delight in getting us to like characters only to watch them die horribly.

Eta: Did they switch out the Captain of the Second Suns for a new actor or did I miss something entirely?
edit on 23-4-2015 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 06:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

I celebrated with you! I'm not sure that I've ever been happier to see a villain die. Ever. I was literally alone in my house and celebrated with a small jig lol.

I also felt the same way you did about them killing of characters. Plenty of times I sat there and thought wtf? And for a few seconds vowed to never watch it again... Until the next one came on.

As far as them switching out actors, I can't recall that particular one. I'll have to go on a hunt to refresh my memory. It's possible I suppose that they switched actors in between.

I kept looking back at this thread just waiting for you to post again because I KNEW you wouldn't be able to resist when Joffrey finally kicked the bucket.

You still have some more catching up to do and more deaths to think wtf about.

ETA - That I googled the switch and it appears your eyes did not deceive you.

au.ibtimes.com...

There was indeed a switch. Be careful of the link as it says it contains spoilers but I think all that they discuss you have likely already seen. Just a warning... In case. But yes. They did switch him out.

Good eye!

edit on 4/24/2015 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   

I'm bumming for Tirrian, losing his true love and wife and squire, Bron too and now accused of murdering the King.
I knew it was the old lady Tyrell (is that Dianna Rigg?) that did it, the cup came from her table.

I still don't like Daenares, she's too imperious acting for my taste.

It's getting harder to find likeable characters although for some reason I hold out hope for the Hound, mean bastard that he is.

If they kill off Sam's girl and her child I think I may have to stop watching.

The series would be easier to follow had they bothered to show the characters along with their names at the beginning of each season as well as showing a real map.
edit on 24-4-2015 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join