It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sen. Tom Cotton: Military strikes on Iran would work

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 12:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
a reply to: xuenchen

The reason why I bring this up is that for the past 6 years, we've had almost an adoration-complex with whatever came out of DC.

Morality, right, wrong, didn't matter. Because it came from a DC that people worshipped.

But now there appears to be a tidal change. It's not so much about what is being said, but who is saying it.

The past six years has nothing to do with this there was a war on terror when he walked into office remember?

There is no tidal change because the people of America are fed up with war.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Cute. So you're fed up with war at the same time as the GOP get the house and senate.

What a coincidence.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 12:37 AM
link   

a reply to: buster2010

Cute. So you're fed up with war at the same time as the GOP get the house and senate.

What a coincidence.

You really need to pay more attention. For the last few years I have been saying we should pull out of the ME. The GOP winning anything has nothing to do with it the ignorance of fighting yet another war for Israel is the problem. Iran has agreed to a deal and Israel and their bought and paid for fools like Cotton will just have to live with it. Also before you start the "until they get a bomb" nonsense Iran has no nuke program. Every intelligence agency on the planet including the Mossad says they don't have one.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 12:38 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

I hope you like long answers Beezzer.

Pakistan and India pretty much developed nuclear weapons under the full awareness of the west. Pakistan as recently as 1998. Israel is highly suspected of possessing nuclear weapons yet we've remained silent. We know of North Korea's intentions of developing WMDs, but we've taken no action. Of course there's the excuse that China is holding North Korea under control, but then again China has sat at the sidelines and allowed them to do as they please. We argue India is a counter weight to Pakistan hence we've never taken action there, yet this still doesn't change the reality we have a failed state of Pakistan in possession of some 50 or so nuclear weapons.

Why do we apply different standards to Iran now? I don't want any nations outside of the NPT to possess nuclear weapons. That being said, I don't want America to play police everytime there's suspected development of nuclear weapons or WMDs. We did with with Iraq and it turned out to be nothing, where'd our invasion with Iraq lead us?

I think military action is only the table the minute there's a direct threat against us and our allies and right now there's no evidence of any direct threat from Iran. As for Israel, they've been claiming since 1996 Iran is a matter of years away from developing nuclear weapons. It's been 19 years now.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 12:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: michaelbrux
a number of politicians, mostly republican it seems, have decided to take impossible, unrealistic positions with regards to foreign affairs. they want to believe in a world that has been dead for some time.

eventually, most will learn to ignore their obnoxious opinions that will never happen.

well, the last time we ''wanted'' to ignore them, they stole the election and put Bush Jnr in.

they did it once they can do it again..

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 01:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

The biggest problem WE ALL FACE is that none of us have all the information.

We are fed what they want us to see. None of us here are on Kerry's staff.

None of us are in Iranian high command.

So when we say they don't have nukes, we neglect to say "that we know of".

When we say America should not meddle, it's under the caveat that we know every article of intelligence.

We're given sometimes conflicting information that sets us at odds against each other to the point where we neglect to question who/what is giving us the information.

We cling to ideological anchors that also weigh us down to the point where we can't even glimpse at any other opposing view.

I'll be honest with you. I don't know who to trust, since I don't have all the information.

So I can't choose a stance.

Do I want to see more war? Nope. Been there, done that and I own the t-shirt. Do I want my kids to see war? Never.

But I also don't want to surrender to avoid war.

So I'll continue to doubt, to question, to suspect, and to verify.

Because in all honesty, trust left the building a long time ago.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 03:26 AM
link   

a reply to: Southern Guardian

Under what circumstances then would you ever envision attacking Iran militarily?

Ever?

Never?

Because there comes a time when attacking them would be a bad thing, especially if they had developed a nuclear weapon.

That time could come, but all indications right now are that they aren't building a weapon and part of the deal involves inspections to be sure they aren't building a weapon.

When would we be justified in attacking Iran? When we can get them to violate an agreement that even Russia and China won't back them on. As things currently stand, Russia and China protect Iran since they all have the same goal of toppling the west. That's one of the major factors in these talks is that Russia/China have had to sign on to consequences if Iran violates their end of the deal.

If you want to remove Iran you must first sideline the major powers.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 03:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

That time could come, but all indications right now are that they aren't building a weapon and part of the deal involves inspections to be sure they aren't building a weapon.

All indications? Or just the indications that are published? So inspectors aren't hindered in any way and can go anywhere and the inspection teams have never had a problem?

When would we be justified in attacking Iran? When we can get them to violate an agreement that even Russia and China won't back them on. As things currently stand, Russia and China protect Iran since they all have the same goal of toppling the west. That's one of the major factors in these talks is that Russia/China have had to sign on to consequences if Iran violates their end of the deal.

If you want to remove Iran you must first sideline the major powers.

So our future depends on the whims of Russia and China?

Sounds like we're in a global one-world-government now.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Russia is a threat (so the Yanks claim), why don't the US military attack Russia?

They're bullies and cowards, that's why.

edit on 11-4-2015 by bullcat because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   
imo war and it's aftermath is unavoidable. The neocons, inbed with the corporate military industrial complex have decided
that Israel needs to protect itself with a preemptive nuclear strike against Iran. This will be the catalyst that kicks off
Armageddon that the Right Wing Christians and Zionists have been predicting and hoping for all along. They're tired of waiting so
they have decided to play GOD and advance their agenda thru a manufactured war.

Political solutions are impossible as the electorate is so divided and impotent anyway.

Apocalypse Now!

I'm so glad I don't have any kids because this will be their war; just like we had Nam, the war on terror, and now this BS. btw, the draft will be reinstated!!!

America will gradually slip into a fascist state with all the goodies that Fascism brings, like militarized cops, detention camps, strictly regulated travel, state sponsored media, total surveillance, and social upheaval; are you blind, the signs are all around us?

Any optimists out there to counter my predictions?

Anyone think the GOP will save us and lead us into a conservative utopia?

edit on 11-4-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
imo war and it's aftermath is unavoidable. The neocons, inbed with the corporate military industrial complex have decided
that Israel needs to protect itself with a preemptive nuclear strike against Iran. This will be the catalyst that kicks off
Armageddon that the Right Wing Christians have been predicting and hoping for all along.

Political solutions are impossible as the electorate is so divided and impotent anyway.

Apocalypse Now!

I'm so glad I don't have any kids because this will be their war; just like we had Nam, the war on terror, and now this BS.

America will gradually slip into a fascist state with all the goodies that Fascism brings, like militarized cops, detention camps, strictly regulated travel, state sponsored media, and social upheaval; are you blind the signs are all around us?

It is widely believed in the Masonic that WW3 will start in the ME.

"The Third World War must be fomented by taking advantage of the differences caused by the "agentur" of the "Illuminati" between the political Zionists and the leaders of Islamic World. The war must be conducted in such a way that Islam (the Moslem Arabic World) and political Zionism (the State of Israel) mutually destroy each other. Meanwhile the other nations, once more divided on this issue will be constrained to fight to the point of complete physical, moral, spiritual and economical exhaustion…We shall unleash the Nihilists and the atheists, and we shall provoke a formidable social cataclysm which in all its horror will show clearly to the nations the effect of absolute atheism, origin of savagery and of the most bloody turmoil. Then everywhere, the citizens, obliged to defend themselves against the world minority of revolutionaries, will exterminate those destroyers of civilization, and the multitude, disillusioned with Christianity, whose deistic spirits will from that moment be without compass or direction, anxious for an ideal, but without knowing where to render its adoration, will receive the true light through the universal manifestation of the pure doctrine of Lucifer, brought finally out in the public view. This manifestation will result from the general reactionary movement which will follow the destruction of Christianity and atheism, both conquered and exterminated at the same time."

Kinda odd since all religions worship Lucifer by other names, ie., hidden worship (in plain sight), now they want it out in the open unveiled.

Based on these texts, I imagine WW3 is within 10 years, perhaps less.

Why is it, America does everything it can to prevent Europe standing up by itself, they didn't like our own GPS system, they didn't like the idea of our own energy production/deals, they didn't like our own EU army. In history Europe always ends up suffering at the hands of America's actions.

The big question is WHY Lucifer?

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Here's an interesting story....

Obama Admin Had An Agreement With Iran to Lie to America About Terms of Nuke Deal

I guess Tom Cotton has more influence than they thought !!

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Patriotsrevenge

Without a concrete confirmation I still say NO .
We are being militarily gutted by a progressive anyway if we actually strated a larger fight that would take a draft.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

We are being militarily gutted by a progressive anyway if we actually strated a larger fight that would take a draft.

If that is what it takes to wake the people up, then let them draft

Be a patriot! Wave the flag of freedom! (in our faces as usual). Put your money where your mouth is!

Defend your country .. abroad by ravaging others!

Stand proud!

Pre-emptively prevent attacks! by attacking others first!

I've actually met and lived with people from Iran, compared to Americans, I know which I would rather live with.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: bullcat

The "People" usually don't reflect the corrupt and dishonest government "People".

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

The "People" usually don't reflect the corrupt and dishonest government "People".

Then the "people" should have no problem standing up against their draft papers.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: bullcat

originally posted by: xuenchen

Then the "people" should have no problem standing up against their draft papers.

what draft papers?

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   

YEAH ,I think WE can tell...

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: bullcat

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

If that is what it takes to wake the people up, then let them draft

Be a patriot! Wave the flag of freedom! (in our faces as usual). Put your money where your mouth is!

Defend your country .. abroad by ravaging others!

Stand proud!

Pre-emptively prevent attacks! by attacking others first!

I've actually met and lived with people from Iran, compared to Americans, I know which I would rather live with.

So what is stopping you? Get the f going already big talker, if you come to not enjoy it over there and speak out like you are now, you will be disappeared and tortured for the rest of your life by the religious leadership.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Armageddon that the Right Wing Christians and Zionists have been predicting and hoping for all along. They're tired of waiting so
they have decided to play GOD and advance their agenda thru a manufactured war.

Apocalypse Now!

I'm so glad I don't have any kids because this will be their war; just like we had Nam, the war on terror, and now this BS. btw, the draft will be reinstated!!!

America will gradually slip into a fascist state with all the goodies that Fascism brings, like militarized cops, detention camps, strictly regulated travel, state sponsored media, total surveillance, and social upheaval; are you blind, the signs are all around us?

Rubbish . You are Sooooo Far from the Truth there it Smells............

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join