It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops Challenge Black Student to Basketball Game, and Arrest Him After He Beats Them

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Cops Challenge Black Student to Pickup Basketball Game, and Arrest Him After He Beats Them

I had to laugh at the utter petty nature of this retribution.

Two Philly cops challenge 21-year-old Samir hill, a point guard at Allegany College of Maryland, to a 2-on-2 pickup game after they did some trash talking. Hill and friend soundly beat the two cops.

The cops vowed to return for a rematch, but they never showed up. Meanwhile Hill's friends had shared a video of the match online which then went viral.

Then the police did return, only to arrest Hill on a patently trumped up charge, of "seeing him with contraband."

“They didn’t explain it to me,” Hill said. “They just took me in there, handcuffed me to a bench for an hour and a half. They were doing a search on the car. They searched the car for like an hour. They didn’t find nothing, and they let me go. The whole time they were telling me how they weren’t going to lock me up, that they were targeting my friend.”

“I think it was because of the video, but they said it was the people I was around,” Hill said. “I don’t think it was that though, because most of the kids I hang around are college kids. I think they just wanted to take me down to the district to show who I was.”

Sorry kid, you might beat those cops in a basketball match, but you're not going to beat them at their own game - the one called "know your place."

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Blackmarketeer
There should ne mandatory, monthly mental exams for cops.
I'm tired of hearing stories of cops, using their power in a bad way, just because they got their ego bruised.
It reminds me of being in school, and saying something that made the class laugh, then the teacher makes an example of you.
Only mature, stable minded individuals should be allowed to have as much power as a police officer.
They need to be tested on a regular basis, to make sure that they are.

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 06:47 AM
link   
This is typical of what happens when power is given to men with a mental state of a 10th grade high school student.

He now knows to never associate or socialize with the police.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: o0oTOPCATo0o

there should be mandatory testing for whatever job you have, you know....just to make sure you're not stealing pens out of the supply closet and stuff.

or, you know, PDs could actually start cracking down on behavior like this and eventually people will learn the badge is not a power tool.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 07:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: o0oTOPCATo0o
There should ne mandatory, monthly mental exams for cops.

Do that, and in a few months there'll be no police left!

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 07:23 AM
link   

I missed the bit where he got arrested?

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

I agree with you 99% of the time. This time, not so much.

The ability to steal pens or whatever from a supply closet is one thing. The ability to detain someone against their will over petty BS is another!

Check your power bro. Speaking out against power tripping morons will garner you much more fans. This crap should not happen at all.

I keep buying more, but these stories remind me I need more acreage. Just leave me alone with the woods!

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: KawRider9

there's nothing to check. "mental health exams" is not the answer to every last freaking problem in the world.

is there a mental health test to determine is somebody is just a jerk? I'm not familiar with it.

I'm not condoning the behavior in any way. by all means, crack down on the officers involved for their over the top jerk-ness. but to go right to the extreme of mental health exams on a monthly basis for every freaking cop, including ones that have no or few complaints or use of force incidents is absurd.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: o0oTOPCATo0o
It reminds me of being in school, and saying something that made the class laugh, then the teacher makes an example of you.

lol, that's exactly what its like.

Like when you made the teacher look like a fool by being more intelligent than them in class. Then at lunch time another one would come up to you and demand you tuck your shirt, then when you tuck it in, they would say, "well if your not going to tuck your shirt, I have no choice but to send you to the principles office". That was a favorite of there's. Crazy days those were, lol.

What can I say? The PTB got us on lock down from the start, lol.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Is it normal practise to handcuff someone while questioning them?

This seems to be the only real problem here, as the cops held him for less than two hours while they searched his friends car.

This was 2 days after the basketball game, and it's not even confirmed that it was the same cops..

The article in the OP is quite misleading too, he wasn't arrested and it wasn't because he beat them at basketball.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

It's not even confirmed it was the same cops.

Don't get sucked into hyperbole, you're better than that.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 07:43 AM
link   

I agree with ya. Monthly mental exams are waaaaay over the top. I know you don't condone that crap, I worded it poorly but was trying to say you catch more flies with sugar.

Thanks for what you do and being one that doesn't defend that behavior, but dammit, light your pitchfork and lets get this party started.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 07:45 AM
link   

I'm not condoning the behavior in any way. by all means, crack down on the officers involved for their over the top jerk-ness.

"Crack down", huh?

How is that possible whithout independent review boards? How would that even work without another police force to police that? Police police themselves, they are in charge.

Even if charged, even if brought to trial, even if found guilty and sentenced, they won't do any time. How can we expect there to be any accountability when the entire justice system is set up, staffed and controlled by 'the law'?

edit on 10-4-2015 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
is there a mental health test to determine is somebody is just a jerk? I'm not familiar with it.

There are indeed tests which can be performed on people who are seeking to be in a position of trust and authority, which will adequately show whether they have the mental, ethical and moral fortitude to be trusted in that job.

This is not some kind of new and fandangled science, there are a lot of companies big and small who routinely use these exams and checks to see if someone has what it takes to be a leader without becoming a power-mad loon in the process.

It's really pretty simple, you give a candidate some scenarios to consider and multiple choices to select from. It would be pretty clear from such a test who is suitable for the job and who would likely abuse their position.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Someone needs to make a citizen arrest on these clearly crooked cops.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

Is it normal practise to handcuff someone while questioning them?

This seems to be the only real problem here, as the cops held him for less than two hours while they searched his friends car.

This was 2 days after the basketball game, and it's not even confirmed that it was the same cops..

The article in the OP is quite misleading too, he wasn't arrested and it wasn't because he beat them at basketball.

Convenient that. I bet they could hardly wait, and of course they wouldn't send the same cops. As long as justice was served…

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 07:50 AM
link   
The man said it was the same officers. I'll believe him. I doubt the police will comment honestly on the incident to set it straight.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: KawRider9
I agree with ya. Monthly mental exams are waaaaay over the top. I know you don't condone that crap, I worded it poorly but was trying to say you catch more flies with sugar.

There just needs to be an evaluation at the start of their career, and for there then to be checks later on when reports are made about an officers behaviour.

Right now it seems as though there's nothing at all to weed out the most deranged and unstable people. As long as they fit a certain loose criteria they're given a badge, a uniform and a gun. Then they spend their career making enemies and making mistakes, and instead of being held to account for those mistakes they are let off and allowed to continue as they had been.

The entire system needs an overhaul. There should be independent public panels investigating every complaint made about an officer. It's far too dangerous for there not to be a system like this in place. When you trust a group of people to police your streets, they need to be accountable to that public. Right now it seems there is absolutely no accountability at all.

You cannot trust the police to police themselves, under any circumstances.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I failed to see what the guy being black had anything to do with it until I clicked on the link. The source is a known ultra-"progressive" rag that will use and promote racial division if it helps further their own statist philosophy.

Please, guys. When you see a headline that is deliberately manipulative (as most are, but few so blatantly), don't regurgitate it word-for-word when you share it with people. You're helping spread the racist characterization of the police state "issue", which is exactly what they want--for us to remain divided in our opposition.

What purpose does it serve to identify the victim as black? Only to reinforce racist modes of thought. To reinforce victimhood identity.

It's all propaganda, my friends.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 08:12 AM
link   
I haven't seen any post, other than yours, that brings up the notion that 'black' had anything to do with what happened.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join