It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shown my future after pacing around a rope rug.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: BIGPoJo

It's sounds to me like you may have entered the labyrinth and been guided through back to where you entered it from.

"Then it seemed like falling into a labyrinth: we thought we were at the finish, but our way bent round and we found ourselves as it were back at the beginning, and just as far from that which we were seeking at first." ... Thus the present-day notion of a labyrinth as a place where one can lose [his] way must be set aside. It is a confusing path, hard to follow without a thread, but, provided [the traverser] is not devoured at the midpoint, it leads surely, despite twists and turns, back to the beginning.

"The labyrinth retains its connection with death and a triumphant return..."

en.m.wikipedia.org...

A labyrinth is not a maze or puzzle to be solved but a path of meaning to be experienced....

www.labyrinthina.com...
edit on 10-4-2015 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 09:02 AM
link   
It's called a braided rug. Trust me I sold flooring carpets and rugs for years. Capel is a brand name . There are not too many companies making these anymore. Quite country

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   
It seems like the repetitive practice of following the rug was akin to a meditative state to your child self.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Wifibrains

Yes the meditative state reached by walking the labyrinth can be deep. Almost hypnotic. I'd wager this is what happened to the OP to a degree.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

shematrix.com...

The labyrinth appeared as a symbol representative of this inner journey to self. It is symbolic of entering the unknown and journeying to the truth of oneself at the core of being .

By literally walking the pathways towards the centre, each pathway turning back on itself over and again, it is believed neurological pathways are activated between the left and right hemispheres in the brain and we literally begin to unravel our current viewpoint on reality.

Each journey is unique, no response is the same and guidance or insight appears in many ways. Further insights into your current situation may be revealed.

www.ancient-wisdom.co.uk...

The Labyrinth represents both a journey to our own centre and back out again into the world... at the same time as acting as a metaphor for the path we walk throughout our lives.

All fits with ops experience very nicely.

edit on 10-4-2015 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Very good story. When you said the voices were you,that really got me thinking. I had a sleep paralisis episode that lasted a very long time once and it sounded like people were in the next room but could see me struggling. They were having conversations and kind of laughing about my actions. It felt like they were my friends though. If it were just my own subconscious projecting itself that actually makes me feel a little better about things. Unfortunately I have had a type of vision in a state like that that seemed to show me lying on a brick road at night with ems and that whole scene going on while I floated away from my body and watched from above. It didn't look like I was gonna make it. I tend to not like brick roads. I hope you find some good info about your amazing experience and thanks for sharing.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   

I used to experience something similar when I was around 9 or 10. I found that if I stared at the pattern on my thumb, and kind of "blanked out" on it (what I found out later to be a meditative state) I would hear these weird tones in my ear and trance out.

I never had any premonition while doing this, but did have premonitions growing up around the same time.

Have you ever tried to repeat this rug tracing process and see what if anything, happens?

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Having experienced something somewhat similar (being shown my future--but the circumstances were different. No rug in my scenario, and it happened when I was younger), I believe you 100%, OP. Thank you for sharing! Made me feel better about my experience. I wonder how many people this kind of thing happens to.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Cool post... I've heard of similar experiences.

Labyrinth walking, as already mentioned, was common and likely was common for a reason that involved mystery schools. Spirals are a worldwide petroglyph... along with other repetitive acts (Dervishes, prayer beads...etc) but especially meditating while moving on a spiral... some posit it can induce self hypnosis, an inward journey that I'd think could lead to a higher reality.

Of course, if true, it would indicate a more complex situation for us all than most guess... but if our true home is a higher dimension... one that overlooked time, for instance, it would offer an explanation for prophecy that some physicists would be comfy with... physics says everything is happening at once, after all.

That or this all has already happened and we're just replaying the 'memory file'... either explanation is just as likely.

Anyway, sounds like you went "home" for a visit.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Casting a circle is probably the most common thing done in ritual work. This is done for various reasons, the most common being power, protection, and setting aside a sacred space. They are known to attract spiritual entities and self awareness.

There are as many different ways to supposedly do this as there are days in a year, but it is generally agreed that there should be a focus point as to why the circle is being cast. In your young body, I'm sure you were not thinking of much directly but I'm sure that your subconscious was working away in one form or another and somehow you managed to enter a trance like state.

That is how I see it as a spiritual person, I'm sure others might not agree. A question I have that might help, what happened after the trance as a boy? Do you remember if no time had passed at all, if you had fallen to the floor, or someone had interrupted you?

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   

That Sit and Be Fit video was a nice touch, I played it in the background the whole time I read your thread. And wow! That rug looks like it could really throw someone into a trance if they stared at it long enough.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   

That is truly amazing and ..................... I don't know why, but I believe you and that this was a real experience.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   

I believe you - sometimes, especially when dreaming, practicing meditation, or the occasional astral projection, there were specific instances where I would experience something that I'm only just now finding comes to pass.

And, on the side - It might be surprising, but people can remember experiences from when they were very little. I can remember every single song I played in 5th grade band, and can still reproduce it with my eyes closed. I don't miss a note, so to me, it's perfectly logical for the OP to be able to remember this much detail in clarity.

Looking forward to hearing about any new experiences in the future!

-fossilera

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 10:35 PM
link   
beautiful.

Tibetan Monks talking, the rug was a meditation technique.

Yes, there was an experience in my past very much similar.

beautiful.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 03:56 AM
link   
I have no idea if your story is true or not. For a long time now though I get short glimpses into the future... just enough to take away the detail I usually write them down so I can refer back to them later. I'm apparently quite self absorbed though because the glimpses are only ever about me.

The time span on them varies, I have had some that have come true seconds later, and others that have taken 1.5 years but never anything longer than that. I've never been able to control when I get these visions.

It's the sort of experience that makes me wonder about the concept of fate.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 04:29 AM
link   
I have had something similarly strange happen.

No vision of the future as such, more like forcing my way into the next world for a few brief minutes, and having a revelation - that that was the real world, it always was - and moreover I had always known it, (at a more fundamental level than I thought I knew it).

I knew everything for those few minutes, but I wasn't shocked by anything apart from the realization that all along I had been fooling myself, it made me laugh at the time, or at least in whatever form I was in (or none at all) I felt a immense feeling of irony.

All in all a very positive experience, and has left me searching for the scientific explanation of these experiences.

Whatever that may be.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 05:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

I wasnt lying when i asnwered that you do understand thag too?

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 07:52 AM
link   

I am not sure if I should even tell you about this but I need to know if anyone else has had a similar experience and what caused that experience to happen.

Especially meeting beings behind the scenes part.

For me it was in bed and the walls of the room were lined with weird looking protruding heads talking about me.

The biggest weirdest looking head was directly over my headboard seemingly in charge of the discussion they were having about future events. I was subject of the discussion but not involved. There was some disagreement as they worked out a plan, like bargaining. It went on for two nights running and each time I was awakened to witness this. The voices were normal enough but the heads sticking out of the wall were creepy to say the least.

The big one "all white" was benign yet firmly in control of the flow of conversation. I don't remember any of the details but at the end the rest of the heads left, I was asked to make a choice and told some stuff. What I do remember is asking for a bathroom break before having to make up my mind, and the big head granted it.

Upon returning I gave an answer and was allowed to go back to sleep. Really vivid weird experience, I shall never forget it. But can't for the life of me remember what was said or what choice I made.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 08:08 AM
link   
This post intrigues me as being the closest I've read to anything making me "want to believe" in some time as well as having a ring of truth to it. I hope it's honest.

I believe I did experience the Dolby sound once in the scores of failed attempts I made to astrally project years ago.

When I experienced it, I was in that perfect half-consciousness stage between awake and sleeping and purposely attempting to project.
It was very brief and incredibly loud. Like standing near the speaker without any pain when it occurred. It was exactly like what the OP describes.
It also scared me enough to come out of that state of mind within a minute.

I was so mad at myself for coming out of it.
As others have mentioned, labyrinths have been a source of meditation for many years. Just makes me think.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Do you mean this sound (its THX but listen to the start of it) or a version of a old steam train blowing its horns driving right above your head (while in bed) through the room? Only the sound and the sensation of course?

I had that similar sound one with a "buzzing" feeling and had my first ever lucid/vivid dream or OOB, more like the last but I could not look at my bed and my room was a mixture of all bedrooms I´ve had in my life. Then it clicked and I knew I had to concentrate to whats next to not lose the connection and decided to walk through the closet into the livingroom and when our cat freaked out seeing me coming through the wall/sideboard that was standing there I fell back and woke up.
Living room looked eary similar to what I saw when I looked from that position later awake.

But if you could answer my first lines, that would be awesome

edit on 11-4-2015 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join