It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun Control at NRA Convention?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I just can't help myself (said while maniacally laughing):

While guns may be be great in churches, schools, universities, bars and sitting in handbags next to toddlers in Walmart shopping carts — the National Rifle Association (NRA) isn’t so keen on guns at their Annual Convention.

The convention (April 10-12 in Nashville) is expected to draw a crowd of 70,000 people. Naturally all of them are do-gooders — there to ogle, stroke and cling to the “16 acres of guns” (according to an ad for the event). Among the 555 Exhibitors (according to the NRA’s event website) are Smith & Wesson, SigSauer, Beretta USA and Remington Arms. So will there be guns? — you betcha. Will they work? — uh, no. Sorry, but these guns won’t fire.

As so consider the following scenerio:

What if some crazy guy decides to show up at the convention with an operational gun and several high-capacity magazines and none of the guns on the floor have firing pins?

Who will stop the bad guy?

Are they going to throw non-working guns at him hard enough to knock him out? I’m sure there will be security officers around, but it’s not gonna look great having 10 or 20 innocent NRA participants shot down because nobody can defend themselves.

When security arrives on the scene, how will they know which gun, out of all those being held, is smoking? Of course this is all hypothetical.

But one has to wonder, if guns are so safe, why not allow them to be functional during this annual NRA convention?

Who could handle guns safer than NRA members?

That doesn’t mean you have to load ammunition in them, mind you. But seems a little disingenuous to make the guns inoperable at an NRA convention yet operable everywhere else.

Opps - forgot the most important part - the linky-poo:

www.dailykos.com...

edit on 9-4-2015 by FyreByrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

I can't prove this but it is my opinion that some on their list of speakers are the reason for this.

From article

Speakers include Bobby Jindal, Jeb Bush (the white one, not the one of hispanic origin), Scott Walker, Mike Pence, Rick Perry, Rick Santorum, Marco Rubio, Ted Cruz, Ben Carson and Lindsey Graham — and of course the perpetually-validation-seeking Sarah Palin and Donald Trump. And for those with a nostalgia for treason, Oliver North will be making a booth appearance.

I am pro gun and anti BS, doublespeak, hypocritical, politicians.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Well if the comments to the article are to be believed (didn't check) it turns out it's the venue that won't allow weapons, not the NRA (who, BTW, chose the venue).

In the spirit of full disclosure - still laughing manically.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   

I guess your enthusiasm to slam the NRA made you miss this little bit? Or perhaps you purposefully left it out?

The NRA and Music City Center have confirmed that gun owners with the proper carry permits can bring their guns into the center during the convention.

6 things to know about NRA convention

That was a link provide from the Daily Koz for their totally biased report! Next time read their sources!

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   

In Michigan they arent allowed in churches, school, bars or universities...Walmart? Concealed? Yes.

Im laughing rt with you here...how absolutely ridiculous...even though Im a member...I can kinda understand their thought process in this....quite flawed.

What next? Classic car show but dont bring the cars????

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

I guess your enthusiasm to slam the NRA made you miss this little bit? Or perhaps you purposefully left it out?

The NRA and Music City Center have confirmed that gun owners with the proper carry permits can bring their guns into the center during the convention.

6 things to know about NRA convention

That was a link provide from the Daily Koz for their totally biased report! Next time read their sources!

Well, that takes the piss out of the article.

I still don't like politicians.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Then why do you suppose I mentioned it? You would have never known. I still find it hilarious.

I like to be honest in my dealings with others and so passed on more information as I learned it. I didn't check out the validity of the additional information because it's not that important to me - but it seems to be to a lot of people.

I also, in light of the new information found it hilarious that the beloved organization of all good patriots chose a venue where their sacred weapons of protection are neutered.

So, either they picked the venue on purpose or by mistake. Really makes no difference - it's still almost the funniest thing I've heard all day.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd

Then why do you suppose I mentioned it? You would have never known. I still find it hilarious.

I like to be honest in my dealings with others and so passed on more information as I learned it. I didn't check out the validity of the additional information because it's not that important to me - but it seems to be to a lot of people.

I also, in light of the new information found it hilarious that the beloved organization of all good patriots chose a venue where their sacred weapons of protection are neutered.

So, either they picked the venue on purpose or by mistake. Really makes no difference - it's still almost the funniest thing I've heard all day.

So as long as it fits your political agenda telling a lie is okay?

No wonder our country is screwed!

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I`ve been around helping set up for this convention and will be attending personally. Lots of good people here and there will also be an unofficial car show happening somewhere downtown as well I`m taking part in. Good weather hopefully and most certainly good food.

P.S. Let some lunatic show up with guns loaded, the ones you know about wont fire, the ones you don't know about sure the hell will.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I`ve been around helping set up for this convention and will be attending personally. Lots of good people here and there will also be an unofficial car show happening somewhere downtown as well I`m taking part in. Good weather hopefully and most certainly good food.

P.S. Let some lunatic show up with guns loaded, the ones you know about wont fire, the ones you don't know about sure the hell will.

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

What next? Classic car show but dont bring the cars????
Funny you should mention that. There is sort of a classic car show downtown somewhere as well with late model high end cars, not sure exactly where just yet. I`ll be in my `94 Cutlass Supreme.
edit on 9-4-2015 by StratosFear because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Defensive, much? Projective, much?

I really do find this funny - not only the neutered NRA Convention, but the knee-jerk, irrational responses to this thread 'funny'.

If you require 'guns' in your life to feel powerful, fine, you have that right.

I think, based on the science, it's irrational and that is my right.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   

The NRA leadership is infected with progressives ideals. This disease is spreading into everything including education,government,workplace,home. I know I always hit on this hard but it really is the truth.

It is simple the progressives push for the rights of the masses and not individual rights......Democracy. Many people actually think the US is a democracy because of ignorance and brainwashing.

Look at this issues the leadership is worried about the masses so they punish the individual.......Progressive ideals.
edit on 11-4-2015 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 02:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: SubTruth

The NRA leadership is infected with progressives ideals. This disease is spreading into everything including education,government,workplace,home. I know I always hit on this hard but it really is the truth.

It is simple the progressives push for the rights of the masses and not individual rights......Democracy. Many people actually think the US is a democracy because of ignorance and brainwashing.

Look at this issues the leadership is worried about the masses so they punish the individual.......Progressive ideals.

Nonsensical drivel.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 04:38 AM
link   

How many venues can hold the number of people that come to this thing...

Also if properly liscenced people can carry I'm not sure what your laughing at...

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 04:40 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

join