It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dash Cam Video released from Walter Scott shooting

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Terminal1

What! They don't do ride alongs with full film crews !!??

Damn !

ETA: very sad result.

A clean out and re-think is just about due ...
edit on 10-4-2015 by Timely because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   
The video on this article is a little longer, and shows a little more in the beginning and mentions the passenger. The one at the CNN link has a few more seconds in the beginning than the youtube embed below.

They say the passenger did not see the shooting, and that he was initially detained and placed in another officer's car, then let go.

CNN Link

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Bone75
People with your mentality is what is wrong with this world. Why aren't you looking at the bigger picture? You're basically putting the blame on the vicitm which is ludicrous. You don't even know this person yet you speak like you know them personally. Stop judging a book by its cover and open your eyes to the real issue here. It's the corruption in our system that allows people in law enforcement to get away with these acts. In the original video, you clearly see the cop trying to frame this poor guy and it is backed up by his fake police report. These types of issues is directly correlated with corruption in law enforcement and you justifying it by saying the victim shouldn't have ran away is quite possibly the most ignorant thing I have ever read.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: ShaolinMilk

One thing does not beget the other.

Offering commentary that somebody should pay their child support instead of buying a car and throwing some rims on it is an entirely separate issue from the shooting.

I don't read bone's comment as mitigation of the shooting, I read it as "pay your damn child support instead of buying a car."

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Stay away, Rev. Al.

That was the message from the family of South Carolina police shooting victim Walter Scott to the civil rights activist Thursday two days before the funeral for the slain father of four.

“We don’t want another Ferguson type of circus here,” a source close to the Scott family told The Daily News.

Link

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   
As to running from the cops, I did that one night and to this day I am positive it spared me grievous injury. Walking home after midnight from work two cops pull up and jump out of their cruiser. I can tell by the body language that I am going to get a strong treatment. I am toting an open can of pop/soda and they grab it from me and claim to smell alcohol in the can.

This was a hot and still summer night, so some guy (Bless Him) opens up his front door and says "Hey what is going on out there?" The game was up for the cops and they handed me back my pop can. Off they go and I take a minute to thank the man that yelled out at us. Now the cops are long gone and off I go again towards home and bed, out of nowhere that cruiser pulls up to me 2 two blocks later screeching tires and all.

I dropped my can of pop and kicked ass all the way home via backyards and fences....I never looked back once to see if they were behind me. Got home in one piece and sat very quietly in the back yard looking for any trouble. I never had any history with the police and never have.

It was my choice to run or be beaten at the least. My decision was correct then and is correct now looking way way back.
I never even dreamed as I ran I would be evading bullets, if that were the case I was a dead man like the poor fellow in the video.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

I don't read bone's comment as mitigation of the shooting

It's fairly obvious to everybody what Bone was implying. Had this guy being paying child support, he wouldn't be dead according to Bone. It's a rather poor attempt to pin the blame on the victim. Desperate I might add to spin this thing around. It's rather clear in the video, this man was no threat to the police officer and he was trying to get away. The officer had no reason to murder him.

I find it so very funny how all of sudden, we have people coming out acting as if they care about child support payments. This cop clearly didn't care about whether or not this guy was taking care of his kids. He just wanted to shoot a 'black thug'. Any excuse for him to do so is fine.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

As the ex-husband of a deadbeat mother, and custodial parent of two children, I care very much about child support payments.

Perhaps that colored my interpretation of his comment.

Either way, I still think the concept of "pay child support instead of buying crap for yourself" is pretty solid

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

As the ex-husband of a deadbeat mother, and custodial parent of two children, I care very much about child support payments.

Oh yes I'm sure. I'm also certain this cop was just so passionate about the issues the black community is facing with absent fathers skipping child support payments that he decided shoot this unarmed man in the back multiple times and then planted evidence and lied about being attacked. Right? Clearly this is why you and the others here are trying to make this issue as relevant as possible? Because then at least some blame of murder can be unloaded off this cop?

Either way, I still think the concept of "pay child support instead of buying crap for yourself" is pretty solid

Oh it's a solid argument but it's irrelevant to the case. It doesn't change the actions of the police officer at all. This is the crux of all this otherwise there wouldn't be people trying so hard to make Scotts child support payments a factor to his murder.

Right back at ya.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I'm really curious what kind of sentence they're going to give this cop.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Dial it down a notch there chief. I admitted that my personal situation might've colored how I read the comment.

Is the unpaid child support germane to the shooting? Nope. Which I already said. Doesn't justify it in any way, shape, or form.

Doesn't really matter how you try to spin my comment. I've already said that why he ran didn't matter when it came to the end result.

Spin cycle - off

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Not sure if this has been posted.

Walter Scott Death: Bystander Who Recorded Cop Shooting Speaks Out

According to the guy who recorded the footage, a physical encounter occurred before he started recording.
edit on 11-4-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElAngelo
I'm really curious what kind of sentence they're going to give this cop.

If he is found guilty he is subject to the same punishment as anyone else found guilty of this crime.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   
If the suspect resisted arrest, and acted violently towards the officer (attack him) before running again, he then becomes a felon resisting arrest. Officers are legally allowed to use deadly force to stop a fleeing felon if he feels the felon could then harm another officer or person while in pursuit. If the guy attacked the officer, nothing is stopping him from attacking other officers while in pursuit.

I believe the cop will walk free. He was legally allowed to shoot the fleeing felon so he couldn't escape and harm others.
edit on 14-4-2015 by WeAre0ne because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAre0ne

Is that why he planted the taser and then said the man stole it from him?

If the cop was justified he would have been charged with a crime.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Were you there? Don't pretend to know the facts.

He was "charged" with the crime which means he was "accused" of that crime, which is standard procedure when there are limited witnesses and the facts are unknown. It doesn't mean he is guilty. He is innocent until he is "convicted" or "acquitted".

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Every single one of my friends that are LEOs (some in Texas, some in Virginia, and some Feds) all disagree with you.

Are you a LEO or a criminal defense lawyer? I ask because the 7 LEOs that I have heard from about this all agree that given what we know about the suspect, given the reason for the stop, even if there was a scuffle, the correct protocol they learn is in this situation to pursue and apprehend. Not fire 8 shots at the fleeing suspect.

Imagine the precedent if cops could shoot anyone in the back for "resisting arrest" and "fleeing", regardless of if they are a threat or not. That is a scary thought.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   

No I wasn't there but the video speaks for it's self.

He said the man took his taser from him and that is why he had to shoot him, how could that be the case if it shows the officer place it next to him?

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: SonOfThor

Fleeing felon rule...
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   

What does it say about when the cop lies about it happens and is seen on video trying to cover it up?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join