It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ask me any Health/Fitness/Nutrition/Supplementation questions you want!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: TechUnique

Thanks for your reply...a menu for fat loss.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: RomaSempre

I just realised that you probably can't do cycling..

Well I guess your best bet is to do exactly what you are already doing but do it as fast as you can and with as many sets/reps as you can whilst still maintaining good form. Do whatever you can do but do it high intensity to really get the heart pumping.
edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Oh yea
so there is.

Ok cool, yea I do have one somewhere, I just wanted to make sure.

How many repetitions though? 5, 10, 20 per set?, cheers.
edit on 9-4-2015 by DAZ21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAZ21

And finally, how many repetitions per set?

Cheers

Sorry! I forgot to answer this.

Go just before failure. Finish on a good rep with good form and with one shaky rep left in the bank.

Idealy you want to be doing between 9-12 reps to build muscle mass. As soon as you start getting to 11 or 12 make the exercise you are doing harder by either added weight to your body, doing them slower, or doing a different variation of the same workout.

You can just keep going and going doing the above..

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: caladonea

Thanks for your reply...a menu for fat loss.

A good menu for fat loss would be the following..

Breakfast: Porridge (oats) in the morning with raw honey to sweeten it.
Snack: Celery.
Lunch: Boiled Chicken on brown rice with veg.
Snack: Banana.
Dinner: Roast Vegatables/Sweet Potatoes with lean beef or fish.
Emergency midnight food: Tablespoon of peanut butter.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAZ21

Oh yea
so there is.

Ok cool, yea I do have one somewhere, I just wanted to make sure.

How many repetitions though? 5, 10, 20 per set?, cheers.

Oh and I forgot to mention man! A great thing for you to do if you're a hard gainer, so to speak, is the following..

Before you go to bed eat either cheese or peanut butter. Not a great deal.. I'd say about 2-3 table spoons worth of peanut butter with a banana or 2 slices of cheese on toast

EDIT TO ADD: Just in case you didn't know the difference, I didn't for ages.. A pull up is with your knuckles facing you and palms facing away, and a chin up is the opposite!

EDIT TO ADD AGAIN: The most important things are form and not going to failure. Even if you can only manage a quarter of the workout I gave you whilst still maintaining proper form, you will gain the strength to complete the whole workout(s) very quickly if you rest and eat properly. You want to be very careful of injuring yourself!! (But obviously knacker yourself out as much as you can which will be very easy to do if you stick to the slow down and fast up and maintaining proper form.)
edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Cheers, I'll give this a good go.

Hopefully it works and saves me a gym membership.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I have a question I have been pondering for a month or so now. Are there any proven nootropics? I see ads online for formulations guaranteed to boost brain power and increase intelligence. I wonder because I am nearing the years to be concerned about dwindling memory, logic, etc. Is there anything that will prevent even dementia?

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: AtypicalJ

Taking 2g of cinnamon every day.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   
OP - Thank you for sharing your knowledge with us - this is awesome! Sounds like you've done amazingly well with your transformation and dedication.

I have a question about length of time between workouts for optimal results. Right now I have been focusing on one muscle group/part per workout. I.e. legs (focusing more on 1) quads or 2) hams/glutes, or 3) both), shoulders, back + bis, chest + tris, core) . So I do a different body part on one night, and then about a week later I'm back at it.

About how long can you go between working the same body part before you start to lose some of your muscle mass? Granted if you're still eating right during that time period of not hitting that body part.

Like if I didn't work out my back for like 8 or 9 days, would I already start losing progress? even if I had my diet on point still?

Thanks for your advice and for sharing your wisdom. Greatly appreciate it OP! Great to know there are other lifters here too

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: AtypicalJ
I have a question I have been pondering for a month or so now. Are there any proven nootropics? I see ads online for formulations guaranteed to boost brain power and increase intelligence. I wonder because I am nearing the years to be concerned about dwindling memory, logic, etc. Is there anything that will prevent even dementia?

The only 3 things I could suggest are high potency Omega 3 supplements, Caffeine, and Acetyl-L-Carnitine. To be honest I don't know a great deal about smart drugs! I'd research the above if I were you though.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

No problem man! And to be honest you're doing exactly the right thing already mate. I leave a weeks rest for each muscle group I workout too.

I found that after working out hard for a month or so, its good to take extra days off and even an entire week off sometimes doing absolutely nothing but mild stretching!

It sounds like you train hard so I would say personally don't worry about the odd 8-9 days, you certainly won't lose muscle over it! In fact you might notice the opposite!

Those first few sore days after a really good workout are simply clearing your muscles of waste products and you're only just getting into the muscle reparation stage let alone hypertrophy. (Actual growth)

A week is ideal, a few days more will only help if anything. But in the long run you'll lose out if you do it all the time!

I don't know if that made much sense I'm tired lol but I know what I'm trying to say.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Just to add if you are just starting to work out I recommend postural correction exercises. Your body needs to be balanced. Before you should slab muscle.

If people come to me for help that have desk jobs they usually have upper cross syndrom. Push muscles are tight and pull muscles are over stretched.

In this case it usually consists of streting out the chest and anterior deltoid (front of shoulders) while strengthening the rotator cuff (google sits muscle group) muscles and rhomboids.

Learn proper activation of your muscle groups first (v, y, w, t' exercise) use wall slides as a rate of progress

Then start building muscles. This way you have your new mobility ranges strengthened and your jojoints will remain safe.

correcting legs and gait is a whole different can of worms.

I do this with all my new clients (Personal trainer)

Sorry to jump in your thread *dissappears into the darkness*

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 03:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechUnique

originally posted by: nerbot

How can one man feed 5,000 people with a single basket of bread and fish?

Cute comment.

It was a question also.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: birhan

Thanks for the input man, nice to have a professional touch.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join