It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kansas governor signs abortion law

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   

All of that can result in two people planning for a child as well. Even if its bad planning.

Yeah, so the resulting child can be beaten, mistreated, unloved? Great idea.

As far as the OP goes, I guess I don't understand enough about the procedure, but I'm guessing the wording is of course purposely done. Barbaric and scary are loved by the masses.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Dilation and evacuation, sounds so civilized.

When in reality barbaric doesn't even begin to cover it.

+4 more 
posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   
In my country there is also abortions under "microscope" and midwifes have made the citizens' initiative so they could deny helping in abortion when they feel it ethically wrong.
I am not sure what is the abortion law in US. In here abortions are allowed by one to two doctors approval up to 12 weeks pregnancy. If there is more than 12 weeks it needs two statements from doctors and also a approval from National Supervisory Authority for Welfare and Health. With special permission if mother is too young or too old up to 20 weeks of pregnancy. 20-24 week pregnancy is option only when fetus has a serious damage or is seriously ill.

Midwifes are after new law and option for them to opt out in abortions specially fetuses which are more than 12 weeks. Fetuses they have aborted have been very much alive and some of them has cried like newborns do. This has caused traumas to midwifes.

I am against abortion, i call for responsability to "parents" to use birth control measures other than abortion. If mother is a rape victim or victim of incest, abortion should be allowed.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: PageLC14
I don't consider myself a "pro-lifer", I just don't agree with killing a living human. Especially babies who have no say in the matter.

a reply to: mOjOm

So you're a pro lifer?

You want to dictate what another person can and cannot do based on your version of what is moral and what isn't.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: PageLC14

I'm just giving you a hard time. Don't take offense to it. I'm an ass.

I don't like abortions either. I am pro choice however. I think a big problem is that the same people who fight abortion also fight the programs that would help prevent it in the first place. Most like Mr. Brownback here defund education, Family Planning, Science, etc. and promote Religious Ideals that don't deal with these issues in a realistic way. Abstinence only BS doesn't work. What does work is Birth Control and talking about Sex in an Honest up front way. That has been proven time and time again but the Religious Right refuse to accept reality for what it is and would rather try and change the moral and ethical ideals of the world rather than deal with an issue in a practical way that might actually work because they don't agree with the philosophy behind it.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Can someone explain the legal basis for the fetus being a "human life" if and only if it is not a medical threat to the mother?

I mean, either the fetus is a human and aborting is murder ... or it's not.

Right?

How can something be murder and not murder at the same time? Legally that is.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Yeah, so the resulting child can be beaten, mistreated, unloved? Great idea.

Like I said those things can happen regardless of whether a child is planned or not. My parents were married and planned for my sister and I yet my dad was still an abusive POS. Those qualities in a person doesn't depend on whether they plan for children or not.

a reply to: chiefsmom

edit on 8-4-2015 by PageLC14 because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-4-2015 by PageLC14 because: spelling

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: muse7

Me, no. I'm pro choice all the way. I actually prefer for such choices to be between the woman and her doctor, that's it.

Oh wait....you weren't asking me were you....lol

Well, you got my answer now too...
edit on 8-4-2015 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: infolurker

I, personally, find it fishy that these lawmakers have to misrepresent the procedure, .

Please explain how calling it dismemberment abortion is a misrepresentation.

The misrepresentation is calling it dilation and evacuation.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: muse7
And when the children grow up the pro lifers that supposedly love them so
much are quick to give them the middle finger.

How so?

By having them suspended from school for chewing a poptart so that it looks like a gun?

Pffffft, Funny how you Progs preach "It's for the children" but only when it fits into you religious beliefs? Yea! As much as Progressives hate Christianity, ya'll seem to have created your own church without even realizing it!

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I might as well chime in too.

While it is unlikely that I will ever have to truly deal with getting anyone pregnant ... I am against abortion personally.

I have, however, helped a dear friend through the process, and I can tell you that no one that is sane *wants* to have an abortion.

But, there is no way to legislate the matter that places the decision anywhere but on the mother until viability.

Again, in my opinion.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

How so?

By having them suspended from school for chewing a poptart so that it looks like a gun?

Pffffft, Funny how you Progs preach "It's for the children" but only when it fits into you religious beliefs? Yea! As much as Progressives hate Christianity, ya'll seem to have created your own church without even realizing it!

By telling them to grab their bootstraps and pull themselves up when they need food assistance and other healthcare needs

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Progressives don't hate Christianity or Christians per se. They do hate the Radical Evangelical and Dominionist Groups of Christians however. There is a lot of confusion between who is who at the moment which is the problem. There is an anti-Secular, Anti-Science, Anti-Gay, Anti-education, Anti-Modern, etc. group of Christian Leaders who are trying very hard to make the US into a theocratic Christian Nation. They like to speak for all Christians and so all Christians are sorta catching the push back. But that is because it's hard to know who's who in the agenda world today.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Oh, no offense taken. I've come to really enjoy the asses here.

I, too, would "consider" myself Pro-choice because I believe a woman has the right to choose what she wants to do to her own body. Doesn't mean I have to agree with it but I won't try to stop them.

I just don't like the idea of killing an innocent baby. Makes me terribly sad.

I would like to add that I am not religious in any way, if that matters at all, or if people think that is where my opinion would stem from.

a reply to: mOjOm

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   

How so?

By telling them to grab their bootstraps and pull themselves up when they need food assistance and other healthcare needs

Why did you avoid my question?

Remember "The Children"?

If the Democrypts and Rebloodlicans would create jobs, instead of selling out to the Corporations, feeding our children shouldn't be a problem?

I get Medicare which I PAY FOR and I don't get the benefits of those on Medicaid!

Don't preach to me about "fairness"! Something tells me you are a recent graduate of our Progressive college system?

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

Progressives don't hate Christianity or Christians per se. They do hate the Radical Evangelical and Dominionist Groups of Christians however. There is a lot of confusion between who is who at the moment which is the problem. There is an anti-Secular, Anti-Science, Anti-Gay, Anti-education, Anti-Modern, etc. group of Christian Leaders who are trying very hard to make the US into a theocratic Christian Nation. They like to speak for all Christians and so all Christians are sorta catching the push back. But that is because it's hard to know who's who in the agenda world today.

I don't disagree with you!

However, I must say that the same reason I see hatred towards "Christianity", I am seeing the same or WORSE adoration of a doctrine from the current Progressives in our society.

I will keep repeating it until the day I die! Freedom is an easy concept! Your rights end when you try to take away mine!

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: PageLC14

I agree. I think abortion should be something done as a last choice, but still be a choice. In fact I personally think that someone who has a history of abortions should have some kind of intervention. Mandatory sterilization or birth control, but that is one hell of a tricky issue to deal with.

Most women I don't think have them without it being a concern. Some I'm sure do however. It's really difficult for many reasons to please everyone that's for sure. But I think until we have some better plan it's extremely stupid to take options away. I understand that many have their hearts in the right place but their heads may be in the sand still and that isn't helping.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

I don't disagree with you!

However, I must say that the same reason I see hatred towards "Christianity", I am seeing the same or WORSE adoration of a doctrine from the current Progressives in our society.

I will keep repeating it until the day I die! Freedom is an easy concept! Your rights end when you try to take away mine!

This about covers it.

Progressives, I suggest, have three main characteristics. They see themselves as morally superior and feel it is their duty to tell others what they should do. They are experts at lying. And finally, they use the government to force their views on others.

At the root of progressivism is the belief that they alone know the best path for mankind, and they see themselves as morally superior and intellectually gifted. They believe ordinary people are not capable of running their own lives and that the progressive's job is similar to the "white man's burden" of the nineteenth century, the responsibility of the anointed to tell the rest of us what to do.

Progressives are dangerous because they will do anything and follow anyone in order to achieve their morally superior and intellectually advanced view of the world.

In addition to being morally superior, progressives are always willing to lie. Lying is permissible, even favored, because it works and because otherwise the "greater good" might not be realized.

Progressives correctly perceive that the vehicle for their morally superior outlook is government. How else but through the coercive power of government could they force the entire population to do something it does not want to do?

Many progressives are well-meaning people. Others are not. However, all progressives share the conviction that they will do whatever it takes – they will trample on any rights, destroy any traditions, confiscate any property, redistribute any wealth – in the service of their quasi-religious vision, whatever it may be at the time.

For them, the good outweighs the bad. You can't make an omelet or reshape a society, without breaking eggs, but progressives always turn away from the eggs they have broken.

The historical parallels between progressivism, Nazism, fascism, and Marxism, as practiced by Stalin, are not accidental.

- William Lafferty

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   

What Christianity needs IMO is some kind of PR campaign that helps everyone know who's who and who's doing what. Because right now you've got everything from Good caring Christians to Westborow church and everything in between and the people making the most air time are the A-holes and it's bad for everyone's image.

I sort of liken it to the blanket hate of Islam that you see too. We all know not all Muslims are Terrorists but that seems to be the image being put forth right now for various reasons. The Media is a powerful thing and if your image isn't represented correctly it's going to cause trouble.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

When I read that I can substitute Christian Conservatism in place of Progressive and it reads exactly the same. The real truth however is neither of us is exactly correct.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join