It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Felony animal abuse charges for killing Goldfish, This is getting out of hand

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

Don't get me wrong. I love a animals even fish. I can watch them for hours. Very relaxing. And I'd never do what this woman did. But I eat meat and chicken though I don't look at a cow and think hamburger or look at a hen and think nuggets. I have to assign a different value to the lives of those animals and the ones I have for pets or I'd be vegan and to that I say hell no. Lol
That this lady was vindictive and out of line you'll get no argument from me.
edit on 482015 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963
a reply to: infolurker

Just curious, but wondering to myself out of all the people supporting this women being labeled a "felon" for killing goldfish, support abortion............?

Just trying to put his in perspective to those who support a rule of law who think putting a human being in jail for killing gold fish is actually a worthy cause?

To be honest? I believe in Freedom! If a woman wants to have an abortion? That's her choice! She has to live with it, not me! I just don't want to hear the bitching of what happens afterwards mentally or physically! I just like to call out hypocrisy when I see it.

Eh, can't figure out the BBC flustercluck but that's my opinion on the whole deal......

edit on 8-4-2015 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-4-2015 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657
It's not the value of the animal at all..it's the fact this piece of crap would kill a "pet"..period to hurt someone, thats a borderline psychopath and should be dealt with.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: Answer

originally posted by: butcherguy
I think we need to start indicting veterinarians on murder charges then.
Kervorkian wasn't allowed to even assist a suicide, why should they be getting off scot free?

It's just slightly different in this case.

Okay then, how about the egg hatching operations that grind male chicks up while they are alive? They get away with that.

But the company also noted that "instantaneous euthanasia" – a reference to killing of male chicks by the grinder – is a standard practice supported by the animal veterinary and scientific community.

Huffington Post

What does a lady destroying an apartment and intentionally killing a man's pets just to spite him have to do with:

A) Veterinarians humanely euthanizing animals or

B) Hatcheries employing a practice that has been approved by the FDA?

I really don't understand what point you're trying to make. Are you saying that killing an animal is the same no matter the circumstances and if this woman is guilty, the same rules apply to vet clinics and food production facilities?

Good luck with that nonsense clanging around in your head.
edit on 4/8/2015 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
a reply to: AutumnWitch657
It's not the value of the animal at all..it's the fact this piece of crap would kill a "pet"..period to hurt someone, thats a borderline psychopath and should be dealt with.

With very few exceptions fish aren't "pets". I've had tanks my whole life(thanks Mom). I've removed/killed disruptive fish. Didn't feel bad about it at all. Nothing psychopathic at all.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Answer
How do the chickens and goldfish feel about it?
Seriously, it is emotion that makes someone shudder at the thought of killing and eating a dog.... but eating the more intelligent pig (that isn't fuzzy) is jjust fine.

If it is the maliciousness of the lady that is the point of the nonsense in your noggin, should she be charged with a felony if she scratches his car with a key, even though the amount of damages would require that she be charged with a misdemeanor? She is still malicious.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Flies aren't pets. But when you refer to someone as being willing to "pull the wings off of flies for fun"....you aren't talking about a sane mind and steady character.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Flies aren't pets. But when you refer to someone as being willing to "pull the wings off of flies for fun"....you aren't talking about a sane mind and steady character.

But in the US, people keep pigs as pets....
and I ate bacon yesterday.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

There's a difference between flushing a fish, the cold water numbs and kills them quickly and torturing an insect. The second is definitely not a sane mind.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   
But you didn't kill those fish, only to hurt another person did you?
You did it to "protect" the other fish?

(and I heard putting them in the freezer was humane as well?)

(I can't believe this whole thing is about fish anyway. I guess to me it is "what" she did, not "what she did it to")

edit on 8-4-2015 by chiefsmom because: addition

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

I guess I don't see it the same as scratching a car.

She killed something living, just to hurt another person.

Wouldn't it be the same, if I hung your pet bearded dragon, because you broke up with me, or Pissed me off? Doesn't that make me broken?

I would think so.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

I guess I don't see it the same as scratching a car. She killed something living, just to hurt another person.

Thank you for your input.
To you, it isn't the state of her mind and why she did it... it is that she killed a living thing.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   
In the Veterinary world (at least in ALL hospitals I worked in)
if ANY animal comes in that has been abused or tortured we had
to immediately notify the police who would also notify the social
authorities to see if any children are living in the house where this
occurred & etc. The reason is because anyone who abuses or tortures
pets are very highly likely to abuse children, humans, & other pets.

The women tortured the poor fishes who could not defend themselves.
She has many problems & needs help. I hope she gets what she deserves
& that is animal cruelty charges along with everything else.

I do not need to continue & repeat what others have said...

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   
You did not do to hurt your mate did you?..thats the difference to me, Im not sure the suitable punishment here but what she did was not right in the head.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Why does the really dumb stuff always go down in Florida??

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Well......... Sort of. LOL
Look, to be honest, I wouldn't have cared if these where her own fish, and she just didn't want them anymore, and put them in the freezer. They are just fish. (to me)
It is the why and how.
That is what makes her broken. Or a crazy B*&(*, whatever you prefer.
At least to me.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I am glad she got arrested...what she did was wrong...against the law...she was out of control...hopefully she will be able to get help and straighten herself out.

I do not condone killing peoples pets...it is wrong...and those goldfish did not deserve to die that way...they are innocent in all of this...she will go to jail and do some time for all the wrong she has done.

To all of you who think killing those pet fish was no big deal...we can agree to disagree about that.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657

originally posted by: kiro8lak
a reply to: infolurker

Racism is ALMOST dead; next is speciesism. Why do the lives of goldfish have less contextual value to THEM, than your life does to YOU? Please don't answer, just think about it. . .

For the simple fact that I can think about it where as the goldfish cannot.

How do you know the goldfish can't think about it? Have they ever told you as much? Or do you assume they're incapable of sentience because you can't communicate with them?

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Edit: Double
edit on 8-4-2015 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Yeah, i get that.

But in this story they were killed by having bleach added to their water. THey were basically chlorine gassed to death.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join