It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Managed Areas and State Lands

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I was in another thread talking about "how to get out" of your current area in a SHTF scenario.
It made me start wondering about Wildlife Areas.

During a recent disaster the Wildlife Management Personnel came "into town" so to speak and assisted our local
law enforcement and EMA.
So, I wondered if it would be reasonable to think that while they were in town during a SHTF scenario, one could simply go in the back door undetected. There are cave systems, etc and once one got in there, well, everyone would be busy in the major populated areas. Maybe?

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Nope, not possible.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   
There are so many different types of management areas that are regulated by many different county, state and federal government agencies. I live in Colorado and spend a lot of time in the national forests and you only rarely see any officials. I would say in a shtf scenario that you could stay there undetected if you went out a good ways. Plus, I don't think anyone would even care at that point. However, surviving in Rockies is totally different issue.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Why not?
In our area the TWRA personnel were involved in food deliveries, chainsaw crews, and monitoring the interstate.

Seems like they were too busy to worry about what was going on in the management area. At least spread thinly.

There are almost 200 miles of gravel roads and over 200 miles of trails within the area itself.
I don't see how they could monitor them all in a best case scenario much less during a disaster of some sort.
edit on 8-4-2015 by TNMockingbird because: more specific

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: newWorldSamurai

Yes I imagine it is. I was just thinking of all of the cave systems.
We went to one a few years back. It was an "attraction" of sorts but, was owned by a private family. The temperature was a constant year round.
There is one not far from me that is on someone's private land. They used to let people go in at no charge.

There is another here that was "taken over" by the government and you are no longer allowed even NEAR it.

I was just thinking about caves as an option as there are so many within a 50 mile radius of me...

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   
If you couldn't slip into a wildlife area undetected, you're doing it wrong.
Caves might be an issue since a lot of them are caged shut to stop the white nose syndrome in bats but you know,,, chains are no match for the determined.
edit on 4/8/2015 by EyesOpenMouthShut because: typo

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

In a truly SHTF scenario, there is no govt to monitor these areas making them very accessible. You would have to contend withe those that work there as I'm sure their plan is to bring their families there.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Feltrick

That's what I was thinking. They probably already have their plans mapped out.
I'm just thinking that a lot of other people would have the same idea and one would need to get there first.

I think you would need to enter the area undetected by official types but, others who have the same idea.
Maybe people would be trying to follow you. Trying to "join" you.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Avoid the herd.
any place that a lot of people are flocking to should really be left alone. Illness,lack of resourses, in fighting,theft..etc etc will be rampant there.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   

There's a colonial plantation outside of Philly that we would volunteer at a few years ago. I spoke with the farmer about it being a great place if civilization collapsed. He agreed and told me that was the reason he took the job.

I would think that a lot of folks might take jobs that would help them in a SHTF scenario. They have everything planned and are ready to defend it so be aware.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Some things to think about:

The Fallacy of Bugging Out – Are You Prepared to Be a Refugee?
www.shtfplan.com...

Its Time To BUG OUT But Where Will You Go?
modernsurvivalblog.com...

modernsurvivalblog.com...

offgridsurvival.com...

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Feltrick

I lived in Montgomery county many years ago.
Mom and Dad were preppers of sorts...their bug out location was in the Pocono mountains...
My Dad had become very good friends with a colonel who lived there. We would go nearly every weekend and work around.

The dream never came to fruition though as we moved outside of D.C.
I think his priorities had changed at some point for some reason...

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Thank you!
I will read these...

I am always looking for any and all/new info...

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I once worked for my state Parks and Wildlife statutory authority and I know that we were under-resourced to control "squatters" at the best of times. I actually have met a few of them, and they are all great people who just want to get out of the rat-race, but our department had to move them on because "policy".

In a SHTF situation, the rangers would be even less resourced so its possible--but in a SHTF situation you would probably be competing with more people for the same area. Not really what you want.

Living permanently on public lands is possible, but I dont want to advise you to do anything that might be illegal. A tip I will give you: Find out what permits are available to do what activities on the land you want to use--you cant be kicked off if you have a permit.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 02:23 AM
link   
No problems with the plan, when you consider how massive many management lands are, as long as it's not a bug out location for tptb it would take bad luck to be found.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Interesting. I knew an Army Captain who bought property in the Poconos for his bug out lair.

Doesn't seem like a great plan being so close to Philly and NYC. I bet many folks have that same thought or will if something were to happen.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Just got to be careful I was looking at some land nestled up against a million acre management area.

The realtor warned me if the fed took that strip of land the road was on (this home was in the boonies) they could legally block me from accessing my home. (the house had federal land on three sides)

new topics

top topics

join