It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N Korea capable of launching ‘mobile’ nuke missile into US – NORAD

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   
isn't there 'an app for that' ? surely by now there must be.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

Did you just ignore the rest of my post where I said there's a military presence in South Korea, and that the majority of South Koreans WANT them there?

No thanks to you, teacher. You helped them learn english to better understand their occupiers.

Good little minions all, yes.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Well they're a threat assuming they can reliably launch a rocket that can make it to the USA. I know they've claimed to have put stuff in orbit, but I was under the impression that their missile program was pretty basic/rudimentary.
edit on 8-4-2015 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: crazyewok

Though to be fair North Korea do kinda scare me a little

US doesn't treat N korea fair. In fact they occupy half of it militarily.

Divide and conquer…

Before you talk about fairness, you should probably learn a little bit about the nation of North Korea.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

Well they're a threat assuming they can reliably launch a rocket that can make it to the USA. I know they've claimed to have put stuff in orbit, but I was under the impression that their missile program was pretty basic/rudimentary.

I think they could hit Guam and deffiniatly Okinanawa.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Did you just ignore the rest of my post where I said there's a military presence in South Korea, and that the majority of South Koreans WANT them there?

No thanks to you, teacher. You helped them learn english to better understand their occupiers.

'Occupiers'??? South Korea has armed forces numbering 630,000 active and 2,970,000 reserve personnel. Last time I checked USFK has a grand total of just under 30,000 personnel. Funny sort of occupation. Oh wait...
You are aware that South Korea has no desire whatsoever for reunification with the desperately impoverished North aren't you? South Korea has a thriving economy. North Korea is a hellhole.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

It's pretty advanced actually for their resource base. Russia has transferred tech, missiles, and expertise over the years. They've had on again off again relations with them.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

'Occupiers'??? South Korea has armed forces numbering 630,000 active and 2,970,000 reserve personnel. Last time I checked USFK has a grand total of just under 30,000 personnel. Funny sort of occupation. Oh wait...
You are aware that South Korea has no desire whatsoever for reunification with the desperately impoverished North aren't you? South Korea has a thriving economy. North Korea is a hellhole.
LOL Exactly. During my whole two years there I saw exactly three U.S. soldiers. That's a hell of an occupation!

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Yes occupiers. And in direct command of all those "independent" Korean forces as well.

The South Korean government announced last week the intention to put off once again the transfer of wartime operational control (OPCON) from the United States, this time until “the mid-2020s.” Until then South Korean troops will be under the command of an American four star general in the event of a military conflict. The postponement signifies the long term strategy of the ruling conservative party to ensure the fate of South Korean security is firmly fixed to an American occupation force on the Korean Peninsula.

Global Research

Read that the Korean Puppet government as well as the military is firmly under US military command.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Yes occupiers. And in direct command of all those "independent" Korean forces as well.

The South Korean government announced last week the intention to put off once again the transfer of wartime operational control (OPCON) from the United States, this time until “the mid-2020s.” Until then South Korean troops will be under the command of an American four star general in the event of a military conflict. The postponement signifies the long term strategy of the ruling conservative party to ensure the fate of South Korean security is firmly fixed to an American occupation force on the Korean Peninsula.

Global Research

Read that the Korean Puppet government as well as the military is firmly under US military command.

Right. And no-one in South Korea has somehow noticed this? They do have something called a democracy there you know. Oh wait - 'Korean puppet government'. I see. What's the view like from Pyongyang right now? Seen any food recently?

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

So what active conflict is going on right now that puts a US general in charge of their military? I must have missed all the shooting going on over there.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   

According to you if even one US soldier is stationed their the US is occupying them. There's no such thing as a treaty between friendly nations.

The US military occupying the Korean Peninsula is much more threatening to both "North" Korea and China than you'd like to admit.

But then you defend the US military, regardless.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Until then South Korean troops will be under the command of an American four star general in the event of a military conflict..

In the event of a military conflict.

And even THEN, it's only the South Korean military taking orders from U.S. troops, not the South Korean government.

Again, no occupation exists except in your head, which for reason thinks the whole peninsula would be better under Kim Jong Un's control.

I recommend spending a little time researching North Korea. Ask yourself why the average North Korean is a few inches shorter than the average South Korean. Ask yourself whether the North Koreans are allowed simple freedoms like listening to whatever music they want to, or even the privilege of electricity after dark.

Ask yourself why the North Koreans have a list of government approved HAIR STYLES for goodness sake.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   

And you'd spin a humanitarian mission somewhere as the evil US trying to get a toe hold into another country.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Answer

Before you talk about fairness, you should probably learn a little bit about the nation of North Korea.

The "North" Koreans are the bastard child of US military aggression in the southern half of the Korean Peninsula.

You think they are just a little paranoid of further aggression?

Nah…

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Global Research

That mainly because South Korea has not had any recent combat experiance.

If a war breaks out you want the General to be as experainced and qualified as you can get.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   

a reply to: Answer

The "North" Koreans are the bastard child of US military aggression in the southern half of the Korean Peninsula.

You think they are just a little paranoid of further aggression?

Nah…
Further aggression? Neither the South Koreans nor the U.S. Troops stationed there has made any military move against the North Koreans in decades. In fact, ALL of the sabre rattling is coming from North Korea. Who's being to aggressive to who?

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   

And you'd spin a humanitarian mission somewhere as the evil US trying to get a toe hold into another country.

Yes, always the 'humanitarian' side to war… (ETA: Destroying countries to save them)

looks like the western main stream media is firmly entrenched everywhere these days…

edit on 8-4-2015 by intrptr because: (ETA

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   

So after the Indonesian tsunami we were there fighting Indonesia? Or the Philippines disasters? Or the Japan tsunami? The troops that went to those places saved a lot of lives and did a lot of good.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Further aggression? Neither the South Koreans nor the U.S. Troops stationed there has made any military move against the North Koreans in decades.

Yah, not much threat from those (lol) "three us soldiers" you saw the "whole time" you were there.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join