It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran navy sends destroyer, another vessel to waters near Yemen

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

Yeah right pirates...

Lybia has pirates, just a few sea miles away. So yeah right, really pirates.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

As I told you earlier yes I agree all warships are dangerous. Hell the USS Cole almost got sunk by a tiny pleasure boat. The point I was addressing was Iran's constant horn tooting in over classification of their weapon systems. I will end this discussion here you already taught me a lesson about the debaiting a moderator and getting the upper hand.

But I will leave you with my precise quote again.

And you might want to rethink your post. Nowhere does a Iranian frigate meet the qualifications to be called a destroyer except in Iran.

edit on 8-4-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent

So you know US may go there soon to prevent terrorism.

They were already there, and have only recently evacuated its personnel from the country due to the unrest. The US has been fighting terrorism in the country for some time, and i think it is clear that they intend to continue doing so. Still, the current unrest does make it harder for the US and its allies to contain terrorism.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI

True.

This a serious escalation on the region, with consequences for the world due to the international partners involvement/support on different sides.

International friction and exacerbation, of different and opposite interests, make this an important and dangerous news to all of us.

edit on 8/4/2015 by voyger2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse

I will end this discussion here you already taught me a lesson about the debaiting a moderator and getting the upper hand.

Sigh.

And people keep wondering why when we become moderators we don't post or create threads anymore.....

Have it your way.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   

^^^^^^^^ off-topic post should probably be removed.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   
What if they decided to call every craft in their entire fleet battleships?

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: yourmaker

originally posted by: intrptr

So you know US may go there soon to prevent terrorism.

The war on terror isn't won yet?

You know as well as I do that it is just getting started, and that the location and populous engaging in "terror" will shift as time goes on.

If you mean that excuse will justify the next invasion and the next, I agree. If you mean more people will fight back over time, I agree. It is the ruse used and the consequence of every expansionist empire throughout history.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
People are never going to stop fabricating enemies of the state to justify invading other countries.

And yet in the real world conflict continues. In this case in Yemen where one denomination of Islam is busily trying to dominate another. This is happening all over the Arab world without any help from anyone. These are not enemies of the state they are enemies of your particular religious worldview.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

wait what? you mean Somalia right...

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Late to the show here.. but are these Iranian
tugs still floating?

Saudis are not my favourite .... but they seriously outclass the
Iranians in military tech.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Mostly in modern times 50 year old "destroyers" (re:frigates) are not very dangerous. However , if they were to scuttle a few of them in the Gulf of Hormuz , they could stop all merchant ships (including oil) from passing through. There is a mini series from the 60s or 70s called Countdown to Looking Glass that eerily goes along with what is happening today..

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Why are they still milking the Al-ciada bogey man? I thought we now should be fearful of ISIS, or are they the friendly ISIS, or oh feck it I lost track of who America considers it's favorit allies.

It changes every week, first its the UK, then its France, then Friendly Rebels, then friendly Al-Ciada, then ISIS.

Make up your minds, or just be truthful and honest, say its ANYBODY who is not pro-American and their world wide agenda.

Perhaps Americans DO have a short memory span of a goldfish but I remember quite a bit.

Perhaps that is why the news is on Telly every 30 minutes repeating, because that is the average memory retention over there?

edit on 8-4-2015 by bullcat because: (no reason given)

<< 1   >>

join