It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

21 Days: Treasury Says Debt Has Been Frozen at $18,112,975,000,000

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: GoldKnight
** National debt of $18,112,975,000,000
** There are around 115,200,000 households in the USA
** Divide $18,112,975,000,000 by 115,200,000... ...the result is: $157,230.

...ie, the national debt is $157,230 for each US family household

How long would it take for you to save up $157,230 ?

I didn't create it, so this concerns me nor my family in saving anything to help! This is the pure lunacy of the government in spending more and more and more until there is no coming back....Then spending more! So who cares about how much it would be per family? (then spending more) Do you think everyone should pitch in to get rid of the debt? (then spend more) I don't see this as being able to be broken down per family when none of us approved their spending decisions, nor have any say in the matter! (then spending more)

This is the government's issue, they made this massive mistake and if we need to change currency, so be it! (then spending more) This currency is all fake paper monopoly money anyways!! It is FAKE!!! We are slaves to a system that makes you work for fake paper that is deemed "worth something" to pay for bills and food with fake paper....(then spend more).....

I think someone should come up with a better currency solution and get rid of this mess we find ourselves (government) in...Why? Because we can...Why? Because this fake paper money is...FAKE!! We can switch to whatever we want at anytime and come up with another fake monetary system...For everyone to be slaves to, once again, and pay for our food and bills with another fake currency system...

Welcome to the United Slaves of America! We are all slaves...Congrats....(then spend more).....
edit on 4/8/2015 by Chrisfishenstein because: Split up my wall of rant....(then spend more)

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   

a reply to: Aazadan

Anyways, the answer to your question is that the US owns about 600 billion in chinese debt while they hold 1.1 trillion in ours. When you factor that as a percentage of GDP we end up holding slightly more.

If that is true, the figures would show up in government reports.

Unless you are confusing private corporate debts with government debt.

We can trust the figure of China owning U.S. debt, but not so much about the U.S. owning any China government debt.

??

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Anyways, the answer to your question is that the US owns about 600 billion in chinese debt while they hold 1.1 trillion in ours. When you factor that as a percentage of GDP we end up holding slightly more.

If that is true, the figures would show up in government reports.

Unless you are confusing private corporate debts with government debt.

We can trust the figure of China owning U.S. debt, but not so much about the U.S. owning any China government debt.

??

They're in government reports, it's just a question of finding them, I found them once a couple years ago. Any time you google anything on Chinese debt the first 100 hits have to do with the amount of US debt China holds because it's a far more popular topic. I found them in the past by looking for EU/China debt which then included the US and involved less common search terms but the recent EU debt crisis has made those search terms rather pointless as well.

Maybe I just don't know the right terms to search. US holdings of foreign securities for example brings up
www.treasury.gov...

But that's how much of our debt they hold. Which is the opposite of what I'm looking for.
www.treasury.gov...

That gets closer but it's far from a complete listing, because the US holds debt from a lot of countries and it doesn't mention China at all. Anyways the $600 billion figure is a couple years old, it wouldn't surprise me if it has grown in proportion with Chinese holdings.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Try the same thing you were doing, but click on like page thirty. I have found some interesting sources that I never would have seen by simply skipping ahead dozens of pages.

I was able to find this on page 14 with the terms "chinese debt held by others" . It gives their public and external debt numbers, but falls short of listing who holds what. Ill try a few more pages in.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 07:00 AM
link   
I'm surprised anyone is still keeping a count on the US debt, I would have thought that everyone realised by now that it is inconsequential, the fed just keeps on issuing more when it needs it. I suppose the bean counter whose job it is to keep the tally is afraid he might not get paid if he doesn't do any work.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   

The crashing of the dollar will hurt the entire world as we see, one lesson we learn already when the 2008 housing market crash, since then China has become very crafty as withholding and buying resources China model their own entire way of conquering to the Art of war.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   

They don't have to and I'm sure they are not going too or plan to replace the dollar for their monetary system, but what they do and are doing is getting hold as much resources as they can.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I need $25,000. Anyone?

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: shamaniski

I need $25,000. Anyone?

You are frozen out.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 11:53 PM
link   
What?

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 12:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: shamaniski
What?

just a joke.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

You got yoruselfs into this debt mess by constantly voting in successive incompetent governments...

How does voting help when governments are run by corperations..

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join