It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The mummy of Rosaria

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   
mysteriousuniverse.org...

Most of you will have seen this mummy, a two year old who died in 1920 and was mummified by request of her father.

Yet now there is a clip that shows her to open her eyes. It has been debunkend as being the result of pictures taken at different angles. Yes her eyes never were totally closed, BUT when seeing the time lapse of the face I don't see such a shift in angle to explain the opening of the eyes.

So how can this be?

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: QueenofWeird

Amazing condition for almost 100 years old!

As to her opening her eyes, I have no clue, but thought it was interesting enough to post the video for you.

Kind of creepy!

s&f!

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   

I've heard about this before but never seen the pictures nor video. I suspect it could be gases but it looks like there isn't really any bacteria that could cause it. (although it did mention that there was some disturbance that was starting to cause some decay so maybe that could explain it) Interesting anyway.

Very eery
edit on 7-4-2015 by blackmetalmist because: ...

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Doh?!

Well, really, that is no weirder than the usual "somethings" that animate these doll-like physical bodies we drive around... we're just more used to the living moving.

Maybe some passing bodiless intelligence found an unclaimed bit of bio-real estate and slipped it on... until the inoperable state of the property and the smell hit them?

Meat puppets we are... odd is that... (in demented Yoda voice)
edit on 4/7/2015 by Baddogma because: too many "arounds"... one less won't change the meaning

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   
perhaps changes in temperature / humidity causing the skin to shrink / stretch over time?

it is an interesting case to be sure but i doubt its anything spiritual or paranormal.
she was a pretty little thing its sad she didn't live to grow up.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: ShayneJUK

That environmental factor is a likelier explanation than mine... but nowhere near as fun.

Though the 'pretty little thing' comment and the lament about her not growing up could be seen as ...er... even creepier than a preserved corpse of a little girl opening her eyes!

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71

Thanks

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

Why? It is so sad she had to die.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Boah, i know what nightmares i'll have tonight, the pretty dead doll will haunt me...
Super creepy, i hope it's bacterias, or gases and not she feeling watched while she tries to sleep.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Somehow she seems to be sweet....

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I read one article about this child and they claimed the child's eye's are not totally shut. If you change the angle of your view ever so slightly, the child appears to blink. Of course with any claim, someone else probably has a better one.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: warpig69

Yes but the nostrils aren't changed as much as aspected.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   

I am just worried she was made a mummy because her father couldn't let go, now she is stuck in a glass case for the world to see her slow decay. What a nightmare if the soul would be bound to that body, because they forgot the songs that would have freed her from this world. Imagine she is still in there a bit, unable to interact, unable to leave, people dusturbing her peace, it has to feel like when you are super tired, but still wake up all few seconds.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Sweetie she is DEAD

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   

I am sorry, I am a huge lovecraft fan and the creeps it gives me are just too good to let it pass without maybe spooking one or two others with my wild phantasies.
You don't find that much good goosebump material in an enlightened century. This is golden.
edit on 8-4-2015 by Peeple because: bee

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Read the Necro something book, guy was very very weird

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Oh you should listen to his shortstories, the dream quest of unknow kaddath, or the cats of ulthar, it s all in the public domain, so: creeps for free.
Or this, no Lovecraft
but it fits also with Rosaria, and is super mysteriously uncanny.

edit on 9-4-2015 by Peeple because: add

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   

And in that case... maybe she got caught in a time warp and she is simply... slowed... waaaaay... down.

And what depressive, brooding, gothic, sensitive type hasn't imagined being encased in your own dead body... experiencing it's decay while trapped in a box under the earth. Wee!

Being a claustrophobic, that isn't a pleasant thought... along the lines of all of us are really God, alone in a universe somehow, popped up from nothing, here forever, with no real godlike powers of creating anything "real"... and thus splintering and dreaming in an insane delirium... and every so often one of your own imaginary friends will whisper, in passing, "wake up... wake up."

The worse thing about that one is it could well be... and even if not, nobody has assured us reality has to be pleasant... in fact it rarely is... and any higher forces could be the Lovecraftian (really Gnostic) mad, depraved gods who crave suffering and madness.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 12:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

That's dark, man.
Especially in the bad mood i woke up today, that's just ...dark

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Laugh until you cannot stop...

But really, might as well laugh 'cause the alternative sucks... sorry to spread mind disease... that's all it is.

Human reality is, basically, as we think it is... so brooding on darkness makes it so.

If in a bad mood, try an experiment... make ... force yourself to act happy, engaging, smile and make eye contact with people all day and report the results... it's a tad weirder than one would guess.

And I doubt we (you) are all alone in a personal universe... hope not, anyway.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join