It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US bomber crew shot down over Japan were dissected while ALIVE in horrific WW2 experiments

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Makes me remember why I always said I would never surrender and go down fighting when I was in the Military.

www.dailymail.co.uk... s.html

US bomber crew shot down over Japan were dissected while ALIVE in horrific WW2 experiments

Parts of brain and livers of soldiers were dissected while they were alive.

A gruesome display at the newly-opened museum at Kyushu University explains how eight US POWs were taken to the centre’s medical school in Fukuoka after their plane was shot down over the skies of Japan in May 1945.

There, they were subjected to horrific medical experiments - as doctors dissected one soldier’s brain to see if epilepsy could be controlled by surgery, and removed parts of the livers of other prisoners as part of tests to see if they would survive.
edit on 7-4-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

That act pales in comparison to what the Japanese did in China.
edit on 7-4-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse
a reply to: infolurker

That act pales in comparison on to what the Japanese did in China.

Or what mengele did in Germany in WW2.

That guy was a fricking sicko.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

I was going to reply the same thing. The US prisoners were well treated compared to what happened to the Chinese.

China has a long memory too.

I feel bad for the families of these men. I would not want to know. May they rest in peace.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: johnwick

Agreed.

This topic is one of my sticking points on World War II. In history it is the Holocaust no one spoke about.

Estimates of civilian casualties from Germany were around 26 million. Estimates of Japan's body count was around 30 million. That is the reason I take such offense when someone claims the U.S. backed Japan into a war during World War II.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

The rape of Nanking would've burned long and deep into my memory if I was Chinese.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Agreed.

This topic is one of my sticking points on World War II. In history it is the Holocaust no one spoke about.

Estimates of civilian casualties from Germany were around 26 million. Estimates of Japan's body count was around 30 million. That is the reason I take such offense when someone claims the U.S. backed Japan into a war during World War II.

Technically that is true, we did put crippling sanctions on them etc.

But if they weren't trying to play at empire building, there wouldn't have been sanctions.

The Japanese thinking at the time was. "The Japanese people are superior to other Asian races, they deserve an empire."

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   

a reply to: stosh64

The rape of Nanking would've burned long and deep into my memory if I was Chinese.

That was so bad....god WW2 really shows how low humanity can go doesn't it.

I can not imagine the shear magnitude of the horror inflicted daily for years on end. It was beyond imagination.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   

We did level crippling sanctions against Japan.

Therein lies my sticking point, Japan's aggression in Asia started in 1931. This was the known starting point for a war that goes back to the early 1900s and Japan's war with Russia. Which in turn goes back to their occupation and the annexation of Korea, the imperial ambitions of Japan were known for 30 years before they invaded Manchuria.

In response to the invasion of Manchuria the league of Nations condemned the move. At which time the Japanese delegation simply walked. From that point on all attempts at a diplomatic solution from any country came to naught.

The US's choice at that time was be a major supplier of oil to the Japanese war machine?

Or acknowledge the rest of the world in their condemnation of Japanese aggression and embargo the oil supplies?

The irony of that situation is. If US would've not cut the oil off to Japan. Most of the exact same American haters would be bitching about that .

edit on 7-4-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Imagine what they might do to aliens....

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Horrific... war itself is horrific, though, and drawing lines about how to butcher humans has always struck me as... odd.

But the added twist of medical doctors committing these acts... gads... between the Nazis and Imperial Japan, they pretty much covered the institutionalization of depravity.

Slow, painful, grotesque death is, of course, the worst thing one can physically experience... and thus a quick end is "merciful" in war... but really.

Anyway, until we all grow our senses of empathy equally, we'll keep being horrified by ignorant humans committing atrocities... either singularly or in groups.

Gee, can't wait for the next series of inhumane acts ... or is it so very human acts?

Once again, I wish for a ride off this rock in search of more rational, benevolent company ... some of you folks worry me!

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64
a reply to: Greathouse

I was going to reply the same thing. The US prisoners were well treated compared to what happened to the Chinese.

China has a long memory too.

I feel bad for the families of these men. I would not want to know. May they rest in peace.

"Well treated" is a relative term I would say.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Unit 731

It's distressing what men are capable of when dehumanization is thoroughly successful.

I wouldn't treat a cockroach the way those monsters treated prisoners at Unit 731.
edit on 4/7/2015 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Yeah, unfortunately all this happened. The best part is the doctors who did all the really messed up experiments got total immunity for the data they collected, so the Russians wouldn't get their hands on it first. It's what helped get us into space, they did a lot of pressure tests. Putting people in pressure tanks and seeing how high it will go before they pop. Stuff like that.

Take a look, if you dare...
They made several movies about it as well. Men Behind the Sun (1988) shows a LOT of the messed up stuff they did in graphic detail, and then there is Philosophy of a Knife and 731: Two Versions of Hell.

All really tough to sit through.
Unit 731 [EDIT: Sorry, didn't see someone else already linked the wiki.]
edit on 4/7/2015 by Ensinger23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ensinger23
Yeah, unfortunately all this happened. The best part is the doctors who did all the really messed up experiments got total immunity for the data they collected, so the Russians wouldn't get their hands on it first. It's what helped get us into space, they did a lot of pressure tests. Putting people in pressure tanks and seeing how high it will go before they pop. Stuff like that.

Take a look, if you dare...
They made several movies about it as well. Men Behind the Sun (1988) shows a LOT of the messed up stuff they did in graphic detail, and then there is Philosophy of a Knife and 731: Two Versions of Hell.

All really tough to sit through.
Unit 731 [EDIT: Sorry, didn't see someone else already linked the wiki.]

I rented "Men Behind The Sun" from Netflix and stopped 10 minutes into it. I don't want those images burned into my memory because IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED TO LIVE HUMAN BEINGS.

It's 300% worse than any horror/slasher film I've ever seen and I'm FAR from squeamish.

I think what bothers me the most is the calm scientific way they carried out their experiments. "Let's find out what happens when you fill a living person's stomach with sulfuric acid." "Ok, sounds good to me. What do you want to do for lunch today?"

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I had the honour if knowing a British Vet captured at singapore.

He ended up in one of the japanese punnisment units.

They litrally brought him to the edge of death and then pulled him back repeatedly with almost every know torture.

The tough bugger lived to near 100!

If I was captured by the japanese I would have just shot myself.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reminds me of this:

www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: rupertg

If only the japanese had eaten him.....

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join