It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Enters local wood encounters inter-dimensional Beings.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Happens every time i start drawing trees...

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Those are some cool pics. I love the third one in the series.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Don't ask me why. Get a camera with motion sensor and leave it on at night.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

Thanks but maybe it's just a cool palette...?

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   
neat pictures.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   
So what camera do you use?

Joking... as usual, love your art...

Have any sofa size pieces in orange? (joking again)

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

Big paintings always seen like too much hard work and so i'm happy enough with just crayons really or watercolours but i wouldn't mind having an oranj period again.

This one isn't much bigger than it appears so more of a tangerine.

edit on Kpm43096vAmerica/ChicagoTuesday0730 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

edit on Kpm43096vAmerica/ChicagoTuesday0730 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Kantzveldt

have you ever tried to draw Inter dimensional beings and ended up with trees? I'm JK I like your work it looks good!

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

Not really because to my mind the inter-dimensional beings are what manifest beyond what is intended, seen but unseen the sum of the inbetween, not as if that's any real sort of definition of inter dimensional but it's the one that appeals to me, so anyway i can't just attempt to represent them but rather create the backdrop for them to manifest themselves within, caves or trees being their favourite habitat i find.

Course it's all mad...

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Your explanation reminded me of this piece

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   

I am re-reading Michio Kaku's 'Hyperspace" published in the 90's (great book for layperson physics nerds) ... of course, he touches on Flatland in it when trying to explain higher spatial dimensions... Mobius Strips... knots... etc.

And an incident from childhood came to mind where two girls were holding either end of a jump-rope with a girl jumping in the middle... the usual set up... and the jumper tripped and fell... when they couldn't untangle her I looked and saw that the rope had squished through the jumper's shoelace eyelets ... and it was still solid and unbroken, even with the heavy nylon rope squeezed through ...and the two others were still holding both ends of that weird rope.

The only darned way I could explain it was that, somehow, that rope had slipped into a higher dimension, went 'through' that eyelet and then dropped back into our normal (Ha!) 3-D space...

Add to that experiences with invisible intelligences and the (very) occasional person 'winking out' on the street in broad daylight, reports of liminal areas where one can enter 'fairyland' or strange lands/times, and "other dimensions" becomes less sci-fi and more matter-of- fact.

Physics (String theory, actually) posits these other spacial dimensions (10 or 11) are nano scale and too tiny to matter in our macro world... I, however, am not so sure...

But where you pulled out that orange piece from must be extra dimensional! I prefer the blues... and named orange because it seemed garish... but it's quite pretty (took a long time, but finally got there).

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Ghosts of the children of the Klu Klux Klan should be the title!

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   
An through the woods I can see one tree.
It stands unlike no other in front of me
The Tree shimmers, shines fades and grows
It changes form then starts to glow
slowly I step toward as the sun sets
A portal, a gateway, or is it an egress?
Am I loosing balance or is it loosing me?
Falling, floating or becoming the tree?

And in my mind which I have not yet lost
I repeat the mantra despite the cost...

< o >
< o > < o >
< o >

He thrusts his fists against the posts
but still insists he sees a ghost...

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Star an Flag as always thank you for sharing Kantz...

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: abeverage

I think that I shall never see...

A poem as lovely as a ... post from abeverage.

Heh... but that was quite a post!

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 02:03 AM
link   
a reply to: abeverage

Spirit they possessed not, sense they had not,
blood nor motive powers, nor goodly colour.
Spirit gave Odin, sense gave Hœnir,
blood gave Lodur, and goodly colour.

a reply to: Baddogma

That's an interesting example, the skipping rope, because so much of this has to do with pattern through repetition to the point of ritual, even the way i would set about creating a heavily worked surface in order to create the potential complexity and depth, through a process of create-destroy and introduction of chaotic factors, just to see hopefully the odd goblin emerge

Yes i think that perfectly illustrates why you should never attempt to illustrate the unseen...

edit on Kam43097vAmerica/ChicagoWednesday0830 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

edit on Kam43097vAmerica/ChicagoWednesday0830 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 02:11 AM
link   

I thought you would find amusement in it

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Funny, I never put the causality of repetitive chanting and actions together with the slip through higher spacial dimensions.

Look at the big brain on Kantz! Heh... but that might make more sense than a random hiccup... and explain a few things about ritual... huh... okay, I'm off to devise a foolproof way to access higher dimensional realms that does not involve a ridiculous hat... see you all from all sides and the inside, simultaneously, soon.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   

I really like these Kantzveldt. They made me stop and think for a minute. May I ask what you used? I love the colors.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 06:33 AM
link   
a reply to: DeepRomani

Thanks, i used chalk pastels on A3 paper, and water to sponge back for layering depth.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join