It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DNA Self Assembly, Abiogenesis and How Science REALLY Works

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33
a reply to: Phantom423

And Creationism is a cult.

Nah, that's just negative semantics you keep using.

a cult is a religious or social group with socially deviant or novel beliefs and practices.

Creation just doesn't qualify, and it's too broad of a sweeping statement, in 2012 Gallup did a poll that found 31% of Americans believed in a hybrid view of both creation and evolution, as these would have various different opinions within that group as well.
To consider these people in a cult is ludicrous. Then there is the 42% that believe in total creation.
73% is not "novel" or "socially deviant", you are wrong on this. Just another tainted opinion.

I am specifically referring to Creationism and the cult of Ken Ham. You're making gross generalities which don't apply to hard core Creationists.

Cult: a relatively small group of people having religious beliefs or practices regarded by others as strange or sinister. A religious or social group with socially deviant or novel beliefs and practices.

Do Creationists believe:

1. That the Earth is 6,000 years old?
2. That scientific methods of dating are inacurrate?
3. That dinosaurs and humans lived together?
4. That one of every species that ever lived was on Noah's Ark including raptors, dinosaurs, giant snakes and lizards, megadons, megatheriums, gigantopicus, titanoboa - and the list goes on for hundreds of species which have died out - were all on Noah's Ark - living together in harmony with man while they waited for the flood to subside?
5. That evolution is only a theory and not scientific fact?
6. That it's not possible for a cell to form without a creator because it's too complex?

If your answer is yes to the above, then you have a cult by default. Their beliefs are not accepted by the majority of religious and non-religious people alike.

The lame, lazy and the crazy who buy into cults are generally poorly educated, willfully ignorant of science (how else can you belong to the club??), and have rejected critical thinking because it's easy.

If you know anyone who fits this description, please call 911 immediately for help.

edit on 11-4-2015 by Phantom423 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: addygrace

originally posted by: Noinden
a reply to: addygrace

Are you sure its an atheist who drew this line? There are a lot of us who are not (atheists) who are NOT on your side neighbor.

I'm one and if you can actually read? You will know there are several others here
Oh and there are more Gods than your Jehovah.

"This is how real science is done - it is not the chaotic rhetoric of Creationists who have zip hard evidence to support their claims."

"I'd like to remind some posters that this thread is about the article in the first post. If you want to argue evolution or related issues, please start your own thread."

Both quotes are from the OP. That's not schizophrenic to you?

Once again, although you haven't read the article, I will educate you anyway. The article is about DNA self assembly, not evolution. If you can find anything in the experimental design that suggests it's about evolution, please post it.

Schizophrenic? Look up the word and then match the definition to what I have posted. You need a lesson in reading comprehension.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   

You're making gross generalities which don't apply to hard core Creationists.

Maybe you are too, because I can personally say no to four of the six points you mentioned.
You are referring to fundamentalist Christians, and they are mostly in America.
The fact is most are in between, young universe/earth creationism is ignoring proven science.

I have not seen one person on ATS argue it here, and survive for more than a few months, they are chased from ATS fast for there blatant ignorance.
edit on 11-4-2015 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33

You're making gross generalities which don't apply to hard core Creationists.

Maybe you are too, because I can personally say no to four of the six points you mentioned.
You are referring to fundamentalist Christians, and they are mostly in America.
The fact is most are in between, young universe/earth creationism is ignoring proven science.

I have not seen one person on ATS argue it here, and survive for more than a few months, they are chased from ATS fast for there blatant ignorance.

Well then you're not a fundamental Creationist. Take a look at this website, particularly the educational material. I have to say they've done a nice job of covering up fraud and corrupting science. Gee, I wonder where they get the money to do all this - dinosaur parks, Noah's Ark?????

answersingenesis.org...

answersingenesis.org...

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

No offense but you can't say this:

and mean it if you've actually been reading the threads you've been participating in, including the ones that you started. Borntowatch comments regularly on any thread to do with evolution in order to push an anti-science YEC viewpoint at every opportunity, and has been doing so for at least the last year. I wouldn't post here and claim that there are no anti-theist evolution proponents on ATS or that they get chased out in short order when they rear their extremist heads, please do us the same courtesy and own up to your YEC cousins.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: iterationzero

Here is the problem with the creationist side of the debate. It appears that they are 100% fine with using non logical arguments, threats, and lies, to further their cause. IT could also be that the poster does not understand that we have a number of long term, young earth creationists. Zealous ones at that. What I personally find more telling is that every time that this debate occurs, those of us in the side of science, get called "God hating atheists"
If you read these threads closely many of us are not any such thing

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 03:24 AM
link   

a reply to: Blue_Jay33

Here have a cookie, you seem to be having a bad day.

Sorry, but this belittling of your "neighbor" seems to be a character trait of yours. Not a good one may I add …

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 03:29 AM
link   
a reply to: AllIsOne

Just as his seemed to be making threats (a certian gender thread). He sews what he reaps.

You snipped an awful lot of my reply their neighbor, care to talk to that, its on topic, that was not. Oh and there is a specific literary reason I use neighbor. Its not my fault if you do not know it, neighbor.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   

a reply to: AllIsOne

Just as his seemed to be making threats (a certian gender thread). He sews what he reaps.

You snipped an awful lot of my reply their neighbor, care to talk to that, its on topic, that was not. Oh and there is a specific literary reason I use neighbor. Its not my fault if you do not know it, neighbor.

I'm just surprised that you feel the need to stoop that low.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join