It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rand Paul announces presidential run

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
I was almost with him...almost. Then he signed that letter to Iran and beat on the war drums, so either they got to him or his true stripes are showing. So for me it's a no.

He has to give the electors (corporate America, war hawks, etc) what they want, or he had no chance of winning.

We saw how the media completely ignored his father and acted like he didn't exist. Even during the debates, his father Ron consistently got much less talking time than other candidates, even ones polling much lower than him. Why? Cause Ron spoke from his heart, and didn't bend, be didn't tell the lobbyists and Corporate America what they wanted to hear.

Rand had learned from this, and knows he has to bend a little bit to have a chance with the people that REALLY decide elections.

Once he's in, all bets are off though. We will finally have a true libertarian president.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I listened to Rand Paul's speech this morning...he is very good at rhetoric.

Time will tell what his true colors are.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: WP4YT

By taking an anti-establishment stand he has scared off Wall Street and the big corporate investors he is courting libertarians in silicon valley to try and raise money,the 2016 Presidential election is estimated to be going to cost $5 billion,he is no Mitt Romney he wont have the cash to buy the nomination.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

I read those "racist" newsletters. To me it was like, its not taking s**t f its true so its not racist if its true besides he is old and from a different time, people do change. All very intelligent people are considered quacks and weird, then 50 years later their ideas are held in our lives like second nature. At least during the republican 2012 debates Ron Paul didn't forget why he was running for president like Rik Perry and use prayer as a solution to the economy, He didn't want to call his lawyers to decide if we are going to war instead of congress like Romney much less believe a 14 year old boy and his copper plates stories and spread that crap all over Europe, or have a google definition of Santorum, or Newt, no comment, they made him look like the only sane one to any intelligent person. As for Rand, he needs to shut his trap about abortion and gay marriage, no one cares what your personal opinions are dude, we decide states rights right? . And Rand is for states rights so why share those feelings ? Most importantly, Rand is an honest guy seems to me for a politician, gives back money for years, is for personal freedoms, is for doing something about the 80 billion a year price tag every year for housing non violent drug offenders, legalizing agricultural hemp production so we don't IMPORT IT FROM CHINA and creates lots of jobs for farmers. The others just suck, no one is perfect, Rand, even though Im not excited about him, is the only one so far I would vote for.

edit on 7-4-2015 by Foderalover because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 01:32 AM
link   
My take is Rand Paul is smarter than his dad in a political way, Ron was about the message and held the line no matter the cost politically. Rand is not prepared to do that anymore, he learned that the real hard way with his interview with Rachel Maddow. However like another poster said if he gets into office, people are going to see exactly how far the apple fell from the tree so to speak.

If nothing else what a difference it would be from Obama, which turned out to be the biggest let down in decades.
And I honestly had high hopes for him, turned out hope and change was more of the same old same old, plus some convoluted health care.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 02:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Foderalover
Pretty much agree here.

Figured those were pretty much debunked last election.

Can't say I align on a lot of his stuff either but hey, will it matter more than another Bush or Rubio, or a combo of both after Romney sucks up all the votes to lose to one of those/both?!

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 04:24 AM
link   
He's the only person I'd vote for. Maybe Donald Trump but still think he'll be used to prevent Rand/Ron from ever seeing the white house. It's like an ace up their sleeve usable only once.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Straight up, Rand is one of "them." He is nothing like his father. He is part of the problem, not the solution. It makes me sad that he is not more like his father.

I will never vote for Rand, and this is coming from someone who was totally fan girling when i went to go see Ron Paul speak, and I am not ashamed to admit that.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: calstorm
Straight up, Rand is one of "them." He is nothing like his father. He is part of the problem, not the solution. It makes me sad that he is not more like his father.

I will never vote for Rand, and this is coming from someone who was totally fan girling when i went to go see Ron Paul speak, and I am not ashamed to admit that.

The media would have a field day if he came out and acted like Ron. I love Ron Paul, but he's ran 3 times and lost 3 times. The media knows how to ignore Ron Paul and discredit Ron Paul. Rand has to play this game or he'll never even get close to the white house. You honestly believe that Ron Paul, his father, isn't coaching this kid?

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Please help! I joined ars the other night after my brother posted as a "Rant" part of an email I sent him. I hastily read the site rules and don't remember how to post under a forum. I can't find how to do anything here. Tried to send an SOS message to someone who had responded to me and got ATS response that the site won't allow that, but only a message to "ATS staff", and they didn't even tell me how to do THAT! I am frustrated. a reply to: STTesc

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: WP4YT

Yeah. That's what they all say. I think they all get assimilated by one side or the other (neocons or CFR) and it doesn't matter a damn who's president.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThinkingMom
Please help! I joined ars the other night after my brother posted as a "Rant" part of an email I sent him. I hastily read the site rules and don't remember how to post under a forum. I can't find how to do anything here. Tried to send an SOS message to someone who had responded to me and got ATS response that the site won't allow that, but only a message to "ATS staff", and they didn't even tell me how to do THAT! I am frustrated. a reply to: STTesc

You need 20 posts, apparently, before you can start threads or send pms. You have 4.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I hope Rand is "playing the game" in order to get elected. We all know that no one will get elected if they don't go with the flow. Maybe if he gets elected he'll hold up a big middle finger to all the politicians who thought he was the one THEY wanted. If not maybe he'll just be the lesser of two evils.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 01:17 AM
link   
So I got to thinking a while back and it suddenly dawned on me that the Democrats have basically nothing for 2016. Yet. If you really think about it, Hillary Clinton would have never had a chance. Anyone who is even remotely intelligent should know this. And the people who run the Democratic party would know this (obviously).

So, what if Hillary was just a decoy? What if they have someone else in mind? Nightmare scenario - Michelle Obama.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join