It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NRA Bans ‘Operational’ Guns At NRA Convention For Security Reasons

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Considering how polarizing the nra is, it doesn't suprise me at all... I wouldn't go to this event anyways to many people for my tastes.

With such a level of hate bring used in the gun discussions, I would probably make that decision.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
For insurance purposes the rules are usually imposed by the convention center or facility they use.

That's it in a nutshell. INSURANCE. You would be surprised how many of the stupid rules and regulations that you run into are because of insurance.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse

I wonder actually how hard it is to find a major convention center or arena without a gun free policy.

That's most likely the issue.

The requirement that firearms be shipped to an FFL is totally normal. Ducks Unlimited conventions are the same way because they either don't have an FFL on site or they aren't allowed, by law, to conduct their business at that location.

The ATF has laws against a dealer conducting a firearm sale anywhere but a gunshow or his/her regular place of business.

Just because it's the NRA doesn't mean they're going to deliberately break the law.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
a reply to: Elton

Don't gun shoes usually draw the same size crowds?

And those guns are certainly functional..

Oh NRA, the irony is palpable.

Actually, gun shows don't allow people to bring in loaded guns unless they have a concealed carry permit and all guns are checked at the door.

The guns for sale are obviously functional but it's a different scenario.

edit on 4/7/2015 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Elton

They are probably trying to avoid a government false flag during the event....

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Expat888
Lmao ... guess they dont trust their own members with weapons after all .. says alot about the state of responsible gun ownership ..

They have done it to themselves. Ever sense Obama was elected they have whipped up a bunch of fear and panic in the gun community. Which has been great for firearm and ammo manufactures. The down side is it has attracted a large number of the crazies. Now the NRA has to sleep in the bed they have made.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   

The idea with no guns in majorly crowded areas comes down too 1 major safety factor

Yeah, it's not safe unless they're also drinking booze I guess-

video.foxbusiness.com...=show-clips

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join