It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Better Call Saul - Season One

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 12:13 AM
link   
So, what ya'all think? I feel for Jimmy as his life has been a bit like mine and watching his meltdown tonight was rather sad. Seeing the origin of Mike was one of the best episodes of television I've seen since, oh, I don't know, Breaking Bad went off the air?

The saddest part of the whole show is none of these characters show up in BB, which means a few will be dead by the time BCS ends.

Another great character study by Vince and the gang. I do suspect they will make it much worse in the upcoming seasons.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Just chiming in to say Im currently watching the last episode. The series is absolutely awesome so far IMO, but ill post more after I finish this episode.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 12:32 AM
link   
a reply to: buni11687

Bloody hell, there's a Rush 2112 poster in Marco's place, or wherever they are at. How cool is that? I forgot the Smoke on the Water bit also.

Much too much fun.
edit on 4/7/2015 by TheSpanishArcher because: Montreaux

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 01:12 AM
link   
a reply to: TheSpanishArcher

The saddest part of the whole show is none of these characters show up in BB, which means a few will be dead by the time BCS ends.

Or we see that Jimmy is separating him self from them, outside of mike of course.
We don't get to see much of jimmies past in BB.

Which characters are you talking about? Cause outside of HHM characters and Tiko's boss they show up in BB.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 01:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

You're kinda right. I don't think Chuck will make it but come on, this is the universe that includes Walter White. You are watching the train wreck way before it happens, you know that.

Nobody's getting out of this alive and if they do they will end up a manager at a Cinnabon in Omaha, under witness protection. If they are lucky.

I doubt Kim(That's her name, right?) will end up getting out without being severely harmed. He wants her, she sorta wants him, but it will derail her career to be with him. He thinks she's what he's deserved and it will never happen. She's too close too Slippin' Jimmy and it will bring her down.

His buddy Marco bit it, not without Jimmy's help, and you think this is going to end up nicely? It's Vince Gilligan, modern day Shakespeare on steroids. I think we may both be on the right track though, Jimmy trying to separate himself but unable to. Because, circumstances.

I'd bet this lawsuit will also bring down HHM, somehow, due to a mistake by Jimmy.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Best TV series I've watched that didn't have the word "Cosmos" in it's title. I hope we get to see Jim get some Kim.

I really enjoyed the billboard publicity stunt on one of the early episodes!
edit on 472015 by seattlerat because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 04:14 AM
link   
I saw the first episode.. And it was so depressing and I skipped it. Hubby says that it gets better, but I am not sure it will enough.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I love shows where we know where it ends just not how. Like Caprica even though it got cancelled.

What's interesting about this is Mike Ehrmentraut is stealing the show. He's most likely the link between Jimmy and the cartel, Tuco or Gus or whoever.

What a bunch of asses are all the lawyers in this show. Unsurprising! Davis and Main and HHM, including JImmy's brother Chuck, are all railroading Jimmy and turning him into a criminal(as we see much later). If Chuck hadn't messed up his opportunity to get into HHM with the Sandpiper lawsuit he most likely never would have been involved with the pie trick. That was his first hit off the crack pipe and the rest is history, once they never gave him a chance after that. Even the last episode, what a bunch of crap. He's doing what he's supposed to yet D&M are only worried about their PR.

He never took the money in the first season when he easily could have so he was trying to go straight. He had his episode in Chicago and was willing to let it all go.

Funny how it's not just bad choices that rule both BB and Saul, it's bad circumstances and poor choices. Think about it, if Walt could have paid his hospital bills and left his family somewhat solvent he never would have gone down the road he did. Similar circumstance with Jimmy. I guess we can blame the health care system and the bar association for creating this mess, he says with tongue firmly planted in cheek.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   
To tell the truth, I had my doubts about the show when I found out about it. I liked Breaking Bad but you know how spin offs are sometimes. I have to say that it's a good show! I'm up to the second season and still like it very much.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

They had me before they even showed the first episode. This is what I expected but they did have other ideas tossed around originally. A half hour trial of the week that was more of a comedy, IIRC. Glad they didn't do that. I figured Vince knew what kind of story to tell and he's achieved that.

I never expected Mike to steal it, though. The recent Gloves Off episode and his confession in Season one were dynamite television. He even got away with stealing Tuco's boxing gloves because he's such a badass.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 12:03 AM
link   

I'd better fire up the Kodi this weekend. Had no idea that Saul was back with a new season...looks like I've got a few episodes to binge up on.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I was totally right. Just a few seconds into tonight's episode and HHM and Davis and Main are totally screwing Jimmy. He did what they wanted but he didn't play the "game" their way, whatever that is, yet they are doing the same thing he did. Hypocrisy at it's finest. Can't wait for the moment he tells D&M to pound sand.

Great storytelling, not unlike BB, that makes me empathize with the "bad" guy.

It's the system, and loads of bad choices only made possible by such a bad system, that forces these types of things to happen.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 11:56 PM
link   

I was bored & decided to catch up on the 5 episodes I had recorded of Saul S2. Much to my surprise I finish the streak & find a 6th episode waiting for me lol!

To be frank, I'm very disappointed in this season. It's slower than S1 which I didn't think was possible. There's aspects about the show I like more than breaking bad but BB is still overall a better show. They're trying to drag things out too much instead of having a complicated & expanding story. I think they're trying to be too clever in all the relationship building & I feel like they're having to struggle to fill time.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: BigScaryStrawman

I totally disagree about filling time but each to his own. Heck, Jimmy should have ended up as mayor of Albuquerque , not at all unlike my homey Oscar Goodman, the mob lawyer who became mayor of Vegas and now his wife is the mayor. Crime pays, do you not know?

Again, each to his own even though I disagree because this story is written, so it shall be written and so it shall be done and all that. However you want this to happen, it ain't a gonna happen as we already know the ending, a Cinnabon in Nebraska- if he's lucky because he might still end up in the pokey. How you can say this isn't complicated is beyond me.

The cartel is after Mike, Slipping Jimmy is slipping into Saul "It's all good, man" Goodman and this isn't complicated? Mike is the most fascinating, as he's always done what he thinks is best for him and his family, which in the end ruins him. We have barely scratched the surface of how Chuck eventually screws Jimmy.

And we still have the reasons why, because the system is broken. No one seems to want to talk about that for some reason. Remember that Chuck doesn't exist in the BB world, because he's dead. Same with Kim.

So go ahead and tell these characters this isn't complicated when we know they will end up dead or worse.

new topics

top topics

join