It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I feel like somethig strange is going to happen or maybe is already happening

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   
You are a Wanderer, my friend. We often feel this way. Something is coming, make no mistake. Though what that is, no one can be sure. It would be wise to prepare for everything, as well as the possibility of nothing at all.

If you enter this world with certainties, you will leave with doubts. If you enter with doubts, you will leave with certainties.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Right I have been scowering every news site because deep down I just know # is about to go down. I have had this feeling for a few days as well. Maybe something is in the process of happening?. a reply to: Necrose

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: bw1000

Thanks for replying in a slightly different way.

Well, you MAY be right.

I guess this won't be a sufficient response but....

two things:
One, I've stated that I've had this feeling for a long time, it just got really intense at the time I started this thread. ( so it did not start all of sudden)
Two, I am not going through any radical changes at the moment.

And... I am not sure about myself. I've never been. I don't know where I am heading. The choices I make in my life (if I make any choices, as I am leaning towards the theory that FREE WILL doesn't exist at all, therefore we are not free to choose - but this is a topic worth of another thread) are very random - I don't want to be sure about everything, every time.
This of course brings a lot of chaos into my life, but then, I merely assume that living life in an absolute uncertainty is the only real way to actually live the damn life
I am trying not to think about the future at all, at all!

As Ursula K. Le Guin adequately put it:

“The only thing that makes life possible is permanent, intolerable uncertainty: not knowing what comes next.”

edit on 9-4-2015 by Necrose because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 02:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Necrose

I would suggest you go and see your local doctor and ask to be referred to a psychiatrist. There's no reason to feel ashamed about having mental health issues.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Necrose I think you may need some time off, honestly I think your paranoid and worked up. How you feel has no bearing. Take it easy, have dome ice cream and watch family guy.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Necrose
a reply to: bw1000

Thanks for replying in a slightly different way.

Well, you MAY be right.

I guess this won't be a sufficient response but....

two things:
One, I've stated that I've had this feeling for a long time, it just got really intense at the time I started this thread. ( so it did not start all of sudden)
Two, I am not going through any radical changes at the moment.

And... I am not sure about myself. I've never been. I don't know where I am heading. The choices I make in my life (if I make any choices, as I am leaning towards the theory that FREE WILL doesn't exist at all, therefore we are not free to choose - but this is a topic worth of another thread) are very random - I don't want to be sure about everything, every time.

Morpheus: I imagine that right now, you're feeling a bit like Alice. Hmm? Tumbling down the rabbit hole?
Neo: You could say that.
Morpheus: I see it in your eyes. You have the look of a man who accepts what he sees because he is expecting to wake up. Ironically, that's not far from the truth. Do you believe in fate, Neo?
Neo: No.
Morpheus: Why not?
Neo: Because I don't like the idea that I'm not in control of my life.
Morpheus: I know *exactly* what you mean. Let me tell you why you're here. You're here because you know something. What you know you can't explain, but you feel it. You've felt it your entire life, that there's something wrong with the world. You don't know what it is, but it's there, like a splinter in your mind, driving you mad. It is this feeling that has brought you to me.
Do you know what I'm talking about?
Neo: The Matrix.

Linky

That's the feeling... In my life.. When I was 4. This is when I decided what the feeling was. It hit me one day when I was a bit older riding in the car. All these humans driving on these solid lines called roads, waiting for lights to tell them to stop go stop go to and fro, and all so they could go to a job, they hate so they can buy gas, so they can get to a job they hate, so they can buy gas to get, home so they can rest, to wake up for the next day, to go to work to a job they hate.. Tracing circles over and over and over....

It hit me really hard. My mind started wondering this has to be fake.. I started feeling like a mouse, and there must be some invisible scientists messing with me. Is this life all a giant joke? am I the only real person? Better not say anything in case my entire family is Aliens.. And it's just a game to see how long it takes a human mind to crack, so they can put me into a new system even more convincing.. No must pretend to be normal..

Mostly I never had those thoughts, except from time to time..

FATE.... It's another word for the concepts of Dharma and Karma.

Ram-Kendra: It is not possible. Our arrangement with the Frenchman was for our daughter only. My wife and I must return to our world.
Neo: Why?
Ram-Kendra: It is our Karma.
Neo: You believe in Karma?
Ram-Kendra: Karma is a word, like love. A way of saying, `what I am here to do.' I do not resent my Karma. I am grateful for it, grateful for my wonderful wife and my beautiful daughter. They are gifts and so I do what I must do to honor them.

The Thing is Fate or Karma, is what gives your life momentum in a direction so it can feel like you don't have free will, but really it's just momentum. You can fight the flow or go with the flow, change the flow.. If you had no Karma, no fate.. you wouldn't be here talking to me.

Dharma is a bit more like the Law of the universe, where Karma is sort of the flow of life.

This of course brings a lot of chaos into my life, but then, I merely assume that living life in an absolute uncertainty is the only real way to actually live the damn life
I am trying not to think about the future at all, at all!

As Ursula K. Le Guin adequately put it:

“The only thing that makes life possible is permanent, intolerable uncertainty: not knowing what comes next.”

Good Call.

Don't listen to the two posts above mine.. One is telling you to go on medication and calling you mentally ill. The other is telling you to eat ice cream and watch family guy.. Go back to sleep little baby. Don't worry about how you feel.. Those feelings mean nothing.. Step away from the window go.. back... to.. sleep...

No you are doing exactly the right thing right now.

reach out to people and talk about it. Just because some people like that opiate flow through life on icecream and drugs, and don't think to much or you might hurt yourself vibe.. Yuck... No. Just keep exploring and sharing.

edit on 10-4-2015 by KnightLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gh0stwalker
You are a Wanderer, my friend. We often feel this way. Something is coming, make no mistake. Though what that is, no one can be sure. It would be wise to prepare for everything, as well as the possibility of nothing at all.

If you enter this world with certainties, you will leave with doubts. If you enter with doubts, you will leave with certainties.

This is Perfect. Prepare for everything as well as nothing at all. This is the perfect mental balance. It will keep you healthy. No matter what happens in the future, or doesn't happen in the future.. Your show must go on.

Btw... Who are you, and what is your avatar about?
edit on 10-4-2015 by KnightLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: KnightLight

Thanks for all the insights ...and of course for not telling me to see a psychiatrist

a reply to: Anubis259

One day, I will just buy the most expensive Häagen-Dazs ice-cream and sit back, so I can watch the world burn via the telly screen, the Big Brother... but not yet, not yet

edit on 10-4-2015 by Necrose because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Iamnotadoctor

I've heard that Lyrica (pregabalin) and Abilify (aripiprazole) are selling like candies these days in the U.S.
Which one do you personally recommend?

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I thought this was a necroed thread from one of the many titled like this in previous years.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: votan
I thought this was a necroed thread from one of the many titled like this in previous years.

a reply to: votan

Gotcha!

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: KnightLight
a reply to: High5Ghost

I think it's this..

Mix it with a little bit of this..

Wow! Thanks for these. Never seen them before and I do watch a little bit of Joe (pods and UFC) definitely really interesting. =)

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   

a reply to: Iamnotadoctor

I've heard that Lyrica (pregabalin) and Abilify (aripiprazole) are selling like candies these days in the U.S.
Which one do you personally recommend?

Not pregablin or gabapentin if you already feel shi*. Only make you're mood worse (if you were genuinely asking). Experience (mine) was not good.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Ah, you should have sensed the sarcasm within my remark upon "candies"

As far as I study pharmacy, I would conclude that those drugs are pure evil.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: gsizzle

That's when its time to go get some hot mini corn dogs and a banana Slurpee.
edit on 10-4-2015 by shamaniski because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Ah, you should have sensed the sarcasm within my remark upon "candies"

As far as I study pharmacy, I would conclude that those drugs are pure evil.

My sarcasm detector was low on batteries. Haha. I agree, they are horrid drugs.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: High5Ghost

My sarcasm detector was low on batteries. Haha. I agree, they are horrid drugs.

We could all use a little less sarcasm.. Trusting what people say is a good thing. It should be a good thing I mean. Always being on guard can make you tired. One day.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Hey, I just wanted to ask if anyone shares the same kinda feeling right now...well, technically I have been feeling this for a couple of days now, but today it's especially weird.
I don't know ...the weather is also very strange in the EU, I can sunbathe for 20 minutes, then it is snowing like in December. Then the summer-like thunderstorm comes to mix it up a bit more.

Very very strange, also the people around me tend to be weird...not really weird or suspicious, but when I pay close attention to their behaviour, it just seems odd.

I just have that strange feeling you see... I feel somewhat cheated by the world itself ...like the hell didnt break loose just yet, but it's imminent.

Whether it's an astrological thing, a war, or just random stuff, I don't know that either. I just feel like I am receiving some very bad, well technically not "bad", but more of an odd ...vibrations, you know what I mean...

And ehm, does anyone reading this sense something odd or eerie?

Anyway, thanks in advance

I am late to this thread but read your post with great interest.
You are not at all alone in your sense or "feeling" of something being "off" accompanied by a sense that some type of impending doom is just about to happen or that something is building to a crescendo of disaster of some kind. You're also not alone in sensing that people around you are behaving strangely, or perhaps, its more like perceiving that people aren't reacting appropriately or as one might expect to observed external stimuli. As to the oddness or weirdness of people around me, I refer to this as a "creep" factor, i.e., many people exude a sort of creepiness that's hard to describe but which is quite repugnant.

I have to go now, but...I'll return later to give an account of my own observations as well as recently reported observations of others.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 05:55 AM
link   
This thread is dead it seems.

I guess.....I was wrong. My feelings betrayed me.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Necrose

Thing is, for many of us the weird feeling has become permanent. It has its ebbs and flows, but since it started for me, it has not gone away. For me it started with the beginning of the Syrian conflict (uprising at the time)

I was pretty wrapped up in my own life then, had so much going on and I didn't own a television so it wasn't like I was watching the news and whatnot. Just doing my normal day to day without much thought to the world, although I knew what happened in Tunisia and Libya but had not been following it or anything. None of it effected me, and I was too busy with my own life I guess..heck, I wasn't a member of ATS then, nor did I even have internet at that time at home..

But one day, life per usual, I was sitting at the city bus stop, I had a 30 minute wait for my connecting bus and it was a decent day toward the beginning of spring (end of winter) so I was really just enjoying sitting there..There is a ticker at the bus stop that tells you when the next bus will be there and in how many minutes and I had glanced at that to see how much longer when I saw it flash the word "Syria"

After it shows the word "Syria" it then flashed through a few names of towns in Syria, then everything went back to normal.. it was the weirdest thing and I couldn't get over the feeling that something bad was about to happen. No one else saw it, just me.. and I felt a bit nuts I think..

But when I went home I called someone I knew and asked them to look and see if something was happening in Syria, it wasn't on the news yet but there were reports that the uprising had just started from the internet. That was day 1 of the Syrian uprising (which is now the Syrian conflict)

The weird something bad is going to happen feeling has been with me since that day, nearly every day with few exceptions. As I said, it ebbs and flows, but always there.. a few years now.

For you, a general sense of something bad about to happen, or something weird happening, may end up becoming like it is some of us, an uneasy feeling that just wont go away.

That might have simply been your day 1.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join