It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If this don't make you mad.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Came across this and once again it does seem that the poor are being picked on. So why is it put in this forum? Well it seems they are taking people's pets and refusing to give them back,putting them down,and/or charging people with little financial means huge amounts to get their pets back. It is almost like blackmail. I understand that for the safety of all,animals need to have their vaccinations,and need to be kept in their own yard. But who hasn't had a dog wander off their property once in a blue moon? I know our dog who was normally a very good dog,would do it when the females in the neighborhood went into season every year. What about low cost vet care according to their ability to pay? There must be other ways than this. And then when you see that those in the gated communities aren't touched....well how nice.

money.cnn.com...

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   
What about Neutering and Spaying for a start?
I think that would be the solution to roaming pets during the "Season" It is actually a quite effective method of keeping "Fluffy and Rover" home in the yard.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   
The first two are California - Riverside and Stockton, and both are deeply blue areas in an impoverished state that has no idea what "fiscal responsibility" means. They're hungry for any excuse to take money that they can find. Maryland is getting to be just as bad and for the same reasons. Colorado is following right in their footsteps. Many of the people who left California because they couldn't afford to live there anymore moved to Colorado and vote for the same policies that made California unlivable.

It's too bad to see how the animals are suffering for it.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Iwinder

Thats what I was getting at about the low cost Vet care. Pay as you can afford,sliding scale type of thing. You could only access it if you used it to get your animal fixed. Once fixed then you could use it as needed,shots,emergency care,check ups etc.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
The first two are California - Riverside and Stockton, and both are deeply blue areas in an impoverished state that has no idea what "fiscal responsibility" means.

Well you are partially correct: The actual facts as of 2012 are

Stockton:

54.1 Dem
44.2 Rep

www.homefacts.com...

Hardly 'deeply' blue

and then there is Riverside where you are just plain wrong:

49.2 Rep
48.8 Dem

www.homefacts.com...

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   
How many people abandon their dogs during the mass exodus from Detroit a few years ago? Countless numbers.

I would not want to walk around those abandon neighborhoods after dark. There are packs of feral dogs there now. And animal control is nonexistant.

Poor people shouldnt own dogs they cant afford. And if animal control picks them up of course the owners should face large charges to get them back. Otherwise the out of control animal problems multiply.

I don't have a bit of problem with it.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dimithae
Came across this and once again it does seem that the poor are being picked on. So why is it put in this forum? Well it seems they are taking people's pets and refusing to give them back,putting them down,and/or charging people with little financial means huge amounts to get their pets back. It is almost like blackmail. I understand that for the safety of all,animals need to have their vaccinations,and need to be kept in their own yard. But who hasn't had a dog wander off their property once in a blue moon? I know our dog who was normally a very good dog,would do it when the females in the neighborhood went into season every year. What about low cost vet care according to their ability to pay? There must be other ways than this. And then when you see that those in the gated communities aren't touched....well how nice.

money.cnn.com...

Here where I live in PA, the Humane Society has a low cost program. I was lucky that I had just enough to cover it. It cost me $75 to spay my dog, which was a requirement of moving into my new apartment complex, and $25 for the rabies shot. If it wasn't for low cost, I'd have to find a way to beg, borrow, or steal to get her spayed or be homeless in my car. I was in the process of being evicted and this was the ONLY apartment we could find that would take me in with a pet. I paid $50 pet deposit, plus $10 a month until $300 pet deposit is paid in full. They work with low income people here, which helps.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dimithae
a reply to: Iwinder

Thats what I was getting at about the low cost Vet care. Pay as you can afford,sliding scale type of thing. You could only access it if you used it to get your animal fixed. Once fixed then you could use it as needed,shots,emergency care,check ups etc.

Some towns Humane Society's do this already, but it depends on the towns and if they have the funding.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Anyafaj

You did the right thing with the spay and Rabies shot. Kudos.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: smirkley
How many people abandon their dogs during the mass exodus from Detroit a few years ago? Countless numbers.

I would not want to walk around those abandon neighborhoods after dark. There are packs of feral dogs there now. And animal control is nonexistant.

Poor people shouldnt own dogs they cant afford. And if animal control picks them up of course the owners should face large charges to get them back. Otherwise the out of control animal problems multiply.

I don't have a bit of problem with it.

I made sure to save a few dollars every month, before I adopted a dog. Staying with my sister and a friend helped me to save money before moving to PA. I was able to use that money to adopt a dog, rent a seriously crappy RV in the country with a landlord that took serious advantage of me. I had to keep my doors locked 24 hours a day. It didn't matter, my landlord would let himself or maintenance in when I was gone, and my dog would escape, and they didn't care. I'd come home and have to find my dog in the corn fields behind the RV. Used to irritate the crap out of me because I knew he was breaking the law, he did too. And when I had enough and told him to cut it out, he evicted me for it. Thanksgiving weekend in fact. I had till Christmas Eve to find a new place and all landlords were all stinking vacation! I had to get county to help me find a place. County was the one who contacted the Humane Society and got my dog in to be spayed on a Weds. and I had to be out of the RV by Friday! I picked up my dog from the Humane Society Thursday afternoon, emptied the RV with friends Friday, moved into the new apartment fully Saturday with nothing but a futon mattress, and paper plates and my clothes.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   

You did the right thing with the spay and Rabies shot. Kudos.

I may be po' folk, but to me, my animals eat and are taken care of before I am. My daughter as well. It's just who I am.

edit on 4/6/2015 by Anyafaj because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   

And you are doing right by your pup. But you know there are lots of folks that just keep their dogs on chains outside. And the bigger the dog the bigger the responsibility. Maybe I should have not addressed it the way I did. I am certain that there are irresponsible animal owners in all demographics.

As you can tell I am a huge dog lover. And I voice my opinions on how some dogs are treated with no issue or hesitation. It makes me want to cry everytime I see one of these wonderful creatures mistreated or in pain of any kind.

And that is one cute pup btw. Looks like lots of personality in those eyes.

edit on 6-4-2015 by smirkley because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   
sorry
edit on 6-4-2015 by khnum because: wrong thread

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   

And you are doing right by your pup. But you know there are lots of folks that just keep their dogs on chains outside. And the bigger the dog the bigger the responsibility. Maybe I should have not addressed it the way I did. I am certain that there are irresponsible animal owners in all demographics.

As you can tell I am a huge dog lover. And I voice my opinions on how some dogs are treated with no issue or hesitation. It makes me want to cry everytime I see one of these wonderful creatures mistreated or in pain of any kind.

And that is one cute pup btw. Looks like lots of personality in those eyes.

Thank you. Yah, she's a cutie. The apartment complex I live in, 98% of the dog owners take very good care of their pets, pick up their dog's poo and put it in the dumpster. Some jerk has been trying to kill the small dogs by putting out chicken bones in the hopes the dogs eat it and die. So me and another dog owner go out every day, we pick up cigarette butts, chicken bones, other dogs poos, etc..., then we take out our dogs together and let them chase each other and have fun. They have "playdates" at least twice a day. The other dog is this cute fluffy, hairy black and white Chihuahua. Another cutie patootie. It's so funny to watch the two of them together.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   

See, now your making me smile talking about the play dates. It goes against everything my wife thinks I am. A grumpy bastard lol.

But yes there are some pretty cold people out there. They have no idea the suffering they create on the animals just because they dont want to see them around. Chicken bones. Anti freeze. They should be made to swallow that stuff if caught Leaving it out to harm a dog.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Dimithae

Thats crazy. When asked why they only go to poor neighborhoods mostly the spokesperson said that they do go to gated communities but are denied entry. This makes me think that you could just refuse to let them see your dogs....something they must lie about when hitting up poor people for money. They more than doubled their income in 3 years....Wow.

Makes you add this to the endless list of injustice our governments engage in.....a list that will be summed up with two words....screw you.

I now know to ignore government officials and not cooperate with them...they are out to make u s poorer and any interaction will be detrimental to me and my own.

Thanks for clearing that up overlords. A state of pseudo war exists between us since you have chosen to be the unjust aggressors out to enrich the ruling class. Good job.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   

See, now your making me smile talking about the play dates. It goes against everything my wife thinks I am. A grumpy bastard lol.

But yes there are some pretty cold people out there. They have no idea the suffering they create on the animals just because they dont want to see them around. Chicken bones. Anti freeze. They should be made to swallow that stuff if caught Leaving it out to harm a dog.

We've been fighting with management to get cameras in the parking lot where the chicken bones have been left. Apparently there's been car vandalism as well. My friend had her car door dented, possibly by her neighbor who hates her and her dog. (Her neighbor is a severe alcoholic!) And it's not the only car that's been vandalized. I'm only glad I got complete coverage on my car. My dad got me my car as a birthday/Christmas gift for the next two years. Even though it's a 2001, it's in excellent condition and I'd hate to see anything happen to it. But at least with full coverage, there's a chance I can get repairs done.

Management is claiming they don't have enough money to put up cameras in the parking lot. A lot of know though, the more they don't spend here, is more money in their Christmas bonus. Ugh!

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

Am I reading you right?

You are pissed off at the government overlords for NOT giving a handout ??!!

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: smirkley

no, as always I am pissed at interference from government in daily life.

How is a fine a necessity? How is it being paid or not even an issue...its wrong to take peoples property and charge them to buy it back.

Rule a large country like you would cook a small fish I have heard said. Do not interfere with the people. Let them live without perceiving your rule. When you govern though mandates and laws that only serve to enrich yourself you create contempt for your rule. The peoples poverty becomes your own and your wealth is seen as theirs that was stolen.

If the purpose of government is to maintain order in the land then these are the actions of those who are not fit for rule. They do not seek order....they live in a state of chaos that the land suffers from as a result.

Any citizen is then in his natural right to defy these mandates and the rule of law in the name of order and the good of the land. It is his duty if he loves the land and his people to do so...as verily as if it were a foreign power hurting the land and its people.

edit on 4 6 2015 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

I do agree with you almost in entirety.

I do feel though that responsible people have to be held accountable. And I know there are lots of dog owners that do not want to be held accountable. Such as a pit bull owner that blames the parents for letting their kid get bit by the pitty.

Just like driving a car. It is not a right. It is a responsibility. And if you act irresponsible it will in fact cost you all the way up to losing that privilege.

top topics

join