It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

17 Trees That Prove Nature Isn't Dead Yet

page: 1

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I love nature, and photography, and this is just amazing. Nature can be like a true work of art when you find her hidden secrets, and there photos can prove that!I know that 'man' had his hand in some of this too, but nevertheless, I hope you are left breathless as I am!

I just picked my favorites as always.

Exotic and beautiful, trees are the most amazing wonders of our natural world!

2. Single Tree Grows 40 Kinds of Fruit.

This amazing tree has been engineered to grow 40 different kinds of stone fruits. Perhaps new trees can help feed people in harsh climates.

3. 144-Year-Old Japanese Pink Wisteria Tree.

Covering an area of over 2,000 square meters, this tree has been part of the Ashikaga Flower Park in Japan since 1870.

8. The Hundred Horse Chestnut.

The oldest known chestnut tree in the world at around 4,000 years old. The legend that surrounds it. According to the story, a group of 100 knights were stranded in a thunderstorm and were able to seek safety under this tree. Thus giving the majestic chestnut its interesting name.

9. The Rainbow Eucalyptus.

These colorful trees have bright green bark and can often change tones.

10. 400 year old Japanese White Pine bonsai tree.

This tree is special because it survived the Hiroshima nuclear bombing in 1945. It now is in the National Bonsai museum in Washington, D.C.

dailybest.us...

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: IndependentOpinion

Thank you, those are beautiful examples of some fine trees.

I would be very interested to see the hybrid tree in person, I find the whole topic very fascinating , and I wonder if the plant is free planted next to other living vegetation or cordoned off.

The bonsai resembles closely an atomic blast.....

Thank you very much.

Cheers!

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Beautiful. When me and my wife go to Japan we will have to check some out!

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 12:05 AM
link   
WOW! Those are spectacular!!

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Beautiful trees especially the wisteria.

2. Single Tree Grows 40 Kinds of Fruit.

This amazing tree has been engineered to grow 40 different kinds of stone fruits. Perhaps new trees can help feed people in harsh climates.
Op Source

"Chip grafting"

Van Aken used a technique called chip grafting to add more varieties on as separate branches. This technique involves taking a sliver off a fruit tree that includes the bud, and inserting that into an incision in the working tree. It's then taped into place, and left to sit and heal over winter. If all goes well, the branch will be pruned back to encourage it to grow as a normal branch on the working tree.

Source

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Star and Flag !

I am a fan of the Moringa as well as it could solve hunger in Africa I believe.

Moringa

Moringa trees have been used to combat malnutrition, especially among infants and nursing mothers. Five NGOs in particular — Trees for Life International, The Christian and Missionary Alliance, Church World Service, Educational Concerns for Hunger Organization, and Volunteer Partnerships for West Africa — have advocated moringa as "natural nutrition for the tropics."[27] One author stated, "the nutritional properties of Moringa are now so well known that there seems to be little doubt of the substantial health benefit to be realized by consumption of Moringa leaf powder in situations where starvation is imminent."[27][36][37]

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Nice
...Thanks for posting.....Nature will always find a way....i am betting she is planning human beings demise as i type this..

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 06:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Treespeaker

I think it was an amateur grafter gone wild. They used to sell "three and four" fruit trees in the back of Readers Digest when I was a kid.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 07:20 AM
link   
I'm also a lover of nature. Being a gardener I get to spend a lot of time amongst the wonders of nature.

S&F!

That Pink Wisteria has gotta be the most beautiful Wisteria I have ever seen!
Looks like another one to add to the bucket list.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: SilentE

A fellow gardener!! As soon as my interrsting plants begin to flower, I will post them up also!

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   

I almost clicked out after I read the caption under the first pic: "This amazing tree has been engineered to grow 40 different kinds of stone fruits. Perhaps new trees can help feed people in harsh climates." Like, what does that have to do with "nature"? Hybridizing and grafting are cool - but engineering not so much, imho. ...The others are great though. I love trees.

new topics

top topics

join