It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New forum idea: Positivity Only

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Is there such a thing here? I enjoy ATS, but it's a chore to find anything uplifting. How about that? A place for positivity only. Nowadays, if there is mass "happiness" going on somewhere, that would really be a "secret", no? Just wondering, thanks.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: donktheclown

There areplenty of positive topics here, I think you are not looking for them.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   
You know what, I'm behind that idea.

It would be nice to have a forum dedicated to good news stories. The world is exceptionally negative at the moment, but there are still some good things happening out there.

Great suggestion!

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I realize the topics, I'm wondering about one forum that could encompass all kinds of uplifting topics in one spot. Thanks.

a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   

there are still some good things happening out there.
a reply to: neformore

Thank you. Please spread your outlook as often as possible.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 09:18 AM
link   

They are spread out through a variety of forums. Lumping them all together becasue of one common denomnator would diminish the forums they should have been located in.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   

I sometimes feel the same but just stay away from the political and world war 3 forums. Or dust of your old guitar, play a couple of songs, and you should be uplifted. AugustusMasonicus is right.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Difficult to maintain I guess as ''positive'' is subjective.

''I got great positive news today, I am promoted to CEO of Banking.inc with £300k bonuses, yay me!''

''Here is a picture of my amazing artwork, I am awesome!''

''I just wrote my first book about my opinions on everything, read and believe people, this is the way''

''Look at my friends new puppy, isn't it cute?''

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: theabsolutetruth
Difficult to maintain I guess as ''positive'' is subjective.

How right you are.

A person I know, was reacting with a smile to the news that 115 of her fellow citizens had been executed by US LEO's, "they were probably all bad anyway"

I reminded her that they were all suspects and not convicted of a crime. To which she replied "kill them all and let God sort them out."

To her, this citizen attrition was unambiguously positive.
edit on 6-4-2015 by InverseLookingGlass because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I think it's a great idea. I would like to see such a forum dedicated to stories of people trying to make the world a better place. Whether it would be helping people, helping animals or making their community a nicer place to live, the good that people do should be brought to light.

I'm making it my mission here on ATS to bring stories about the good things in this world. I've grown weary of the hate, bickering and fear mongering. Hopefully, I will touch people and maybe inspire some to do something good for others.

I would love to see a forum like that.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Congratulations, I knew there was something very special about you. Seriously, I thought that often.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   
No link to your artwork or pics....a reply to: theabsolutetruth

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: theabsolutetruth

Absolutely true. One person's happiness could make others who are truly feeling like crap worse. Not that I endorse gloom and doom of course. If I truly needed a dose of look at me, I would head straight to FB.

And that would be if hell freezes over.

Isn't Chit Chat on the Off topic forums usually upbeat? I've seen quite a few happy threads in there.
edit on 6-4-2015 by blackmetalmist because: ..

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Those were hypothetical examples, I wasn't actually showing you my artwork.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Aaaaw.

a reply to: theabsolutetruth

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Wouldn't it be a great idea to have a forum where the only T&C would be to 'post positively or don't participate?'

Let's pause a moment and savour the wonder of a forum where we could go and enjoy some metaphorical sunshine.

.....and back to reality mwuahhahahah!!

You could post a story about a rich lady giving a homeless person a wad of banknotes. Some member would roll up and say she was encouraging unemployment or enabling alcoholism.

You could post an article about the cutest kitten in Nebraska being gifted to a kid in a hospice. Some member would butt in and blame the kid's health on Obamacare whilst another pointed out that kittens have rights too and who's gonna care for it if the poor kid can't?

The irony isn't lost on me that I'm being 'that guy' in this post too. Sigh.

The Off-Topic/BTS forums have a lot more positive, good news posts and threads than the main boards.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

My opinion only: aggregating all the "feel good" stories in one place is akin to putting lipstick on a pig. You may feel better about it....but is that "feel good" grounded in reality?

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: blackmetalmist

Isn't Chit Chat on the Off topic forums usually upbeat? I've seen quite a few happy threads in there.

Yes. If I'm looking for something more light hearted, it's where I look.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   

is that "feel good" grounded in reality?
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I sure hope so, how one feels is reality. That's the point. LOVE man, LOVE

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   

You could post an article about the cutest kitten in Nebraska being gifted to a kid in a hospice. Some member would butt in and blame the kid's health on Obamacare whilst another pointed out that kittens have rights too and who's gonna care for it if the poor kid can't?
a reply to: Kandinsky

Yes but isn't that the case on every forum? Sure there would be "Debbie Downers" but again, that's the norm wherever you go. Searching many forums for 20 minutes of worthwhile threads stinks to be honest with you. Anyways, it was just an idea... I retract my request.

edit on 10 27 2013 by donktheclown because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join