It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gay teen can't attend prom wearing a tuxedo; It's against dress code says Principal

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Let me play Devils advocate here....

If the dress code clearly states that she cant wear a tux.........whats the problem? Dress codes limit what people can wear all the time so wouldnt that make a dress code discriminatory in general?

I think the whole thing is silly but I'm not going to jump on the attack with the group, just want to advance the conversation. tolerance is a word that people demanding tolerance abuse just as much as the ones they accuse of it.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Anyafaj

Why are these 'gays' trying to cause problems everywhere they go these days??

On another note... It realy shouldn't matter what is worn but i think it has always been 'guys in tuxedo's' and 'girls' in dresses' ... so why dont the girl just stick to the norm instead trying to change things??

It's one night of the year... just go and stop being childish or don't go at all.
edit on CDTSun, 05 Apr 2015 10:01:49 -0500u3010x149x1 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Funny a couple of weeks ago a kid got expelled for having a military haircut , and there was nothing in the rules that said he could not have a haircut like that, period end of story.......

Yet people came out to defend the schools.......

This girl who is "lesbian" cant wear a tuxedo and people are up in arms......

Its interesting to see hypocrisy at work when agendas are exposed.......

Just as a side note, I Have no issue with it either and this is another case of the school over reaching......

I just find it comical that the same people that defend the schools on some issues are up in arms over things like this and call it discrimination......is it not in other cases? are we all not entitled to live within our own belief systems?

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Well said.

They don't like it if they can't have it their way, its the same with thos 'Fanatical Muslims'... in fact they are all the same... trying to push their agendas onto everyone else.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Isn't a military haircut just really short hair? They used to complain if a boys hair was too long, and now it can also be too short? I would be freaking out over that stupid issue as a parent.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: rockintitz
a reply to: Kandinsky

The fact that any person can be denied entry to a public event because they did not conform to an arbitrary dress code.

PC has gone way too far.

um no.. ummm... Rockin? [heh, heh]
the word you're looking for is Reactionary
edit on 5-4-2015 by AdamuBureido because: puncts and stuffs

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Why not just turn up in the buff, freak that homophobic establishment worshiping Principal right out!

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cygnis
I swear, the more and more I hear, the more and more I am convinced that principals have severe cases of narcissism, power hunger, and control issues.

I mean, really, these principals seem to feel the need to have such heavy handed, and often-times over-blown responses to the stupidest things.

I swear, there should be a pyschological eval to be in any position of power. Tho, It would have to be a totoally new system, not the current system to test them, as the system was designed, IMO, but people with the same problems.

Seriously, tho, women in suits can have the same heart-beat intensifying effect, as a girl in a dress can.

Someone needs to throttle these principals, and put them in their place.

Just my $0.02. Take it for what it's worth.

Sadly Principals on power trips are nothing new. My old vice principal could care less when I was being bullied. Somehow it was always my fault, even when I was almost paralyzed. When my daughter started school, he was my daughter's principal, yeah us! Not! Because she was special needs, right away she was bullied, and of course, it was her fault. How dare she be born missing part of her brain! Who did she think she was! All the other kids had to say was those magic words, "She started it!" Boom, guess who got in trouble? Nope, not them. I hated that jerk! Even more so when he tried getting my daughter put in foster care because I refused to put her in a Juvenile detention school, which is illegal to do if you have autism, which she does. They were ticked I know the law and I refused to let them break it for my kid! I had enough of their games and took her immediately to an autism school and had her tested and they enrolled her immediately. She began to excel as soon as she got in!

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013

Bit wait... what about all those poor persecuted Christians! Their religion demands that they inflict their ignorance on the society around them and if you dare to challenge their "traditions" then you're a Satan-loving intolerant hypocrite and part of the liberal conspiracy gay mafia!

Oh, the poor persecuted Christians must be saved from all these Tuxedo wearing liberal lesbians!

/sarc

What kills me, I'm Christian, Jesus did NOT wear pants! He wore robes! Do thy honestly think God is going to judge someone on what they wear, or what is in their heart? Because me, I think it's going to be based on what is in their heart, not on what they wear. I had this very same argument with a Catholic friend of mine who told me wearing a hoodie is against God. No lie. Now I have a TON of thermal shirts with hoods and a few sweatshirts with hoods. I'd like to think God is going to judge me on my actions and thoughts and not the clothes I wore. Besides, part of Jesus robes was a cloth He wore over His head, so essentially, a hood. People put way too much emphasis into clothes. Look classy, look nice, just don't go looking like a car is going to pull up and ask "How much?" and you'll be fine. That's my opinion.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: 2Spooky4Me

I wouldn't doubt for a minute that it is indeed the dress code. I remember once during high school that I spoke to a teacher about just this thing as I wasn't allowed to wear a tank top. She said, "many of the schools policies were drafted in the 50's and have gone through very little, if any revisions".

Some people like to stick to the old way of doing things, no matter how idiotic it may be. If I were them (the students) I'd talk to all my friends and make an impromptu "cross dresser" day where we'd dress up as the opposite gender. I'd go in a dress (pink, with a little bow), the girls in a nice pant suit. I mean, go ALL the way out. Make up for the boys, none for the girls... I'd hate to see the attention that'd get the school!

I'd love for them to try and suspend everyone. LOL

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Why are these 'gays' trying to cause problems everywhere they go these days??

On another note... It realy shouldn't matter what is worn but i think it has always been 'guys in tuxedo's' and 'girls' in dresses' ... so why dont the girl just stick to the norm instead trying to change things??

It's one night of the year... just go and stop being childish or don't go at all.

Some people don't want to wear dresses. They just don't like them. Gay or not. Not all girls are girly girl. As a kid you'd have to fight me to get me in a dress. Now, I love wearing them. Every girl is different, we're not all dressy Barbies.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
Funny a couple of weeks ago a kid got expelled for having a military haircut , and there was nothing in the rules that said he could not have a haircut like that, period end of story.......

Yet people came out to defend the schools.......

This girl who is "lesbian" cant wear a tuxedo and people are up in arms......

Its interesting to see hypocrisy at work when agendas are exposed.......

Just as a side note, I Have no issue with it either and this is another case of the school over reaching......

I just find it comical that the same people that defend the schools on some issues are up in arms over things like this and call it discrimination......is it not in other cases? are we all not entitled to live within our own belief systems?

Personally I had no issue with the kid having a High and Tight. It's a freaking haircut the school should have gotten over it. Especially considering how nice and tidy the High and Tight is compared to other haircuts nowadays. And apparently the school board president thinks the principal should get over this tux issue. But I doubt it's going to go that way considering how close the prom is.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   

What the hell is going on with schools nowadays? They have become battlegrounds for idiots of either political leaning.

Rosaries, dresses, kids making guns out of their hands and food, t-shirts, common core BS, haircuts....

WTF? I may home school more than we do already. Like 100% home schooling. This is just repulsive.

Teachers and principals are becoming useful idiots for other peoples agendas instead of better educators.

I dont even care about their pay and resources. IMO, they are all just drones in a drone factory.....This is all just not appealing....at all.

Screw the whole education system. Its awful....left and right sides of it. It should be impartial and focused on teaching and learning.

Screw them all SOOOO hard.

edit on 4 5 2015 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   
There's a story where one principal in Florida who banned students from wearing shorts in Summer while attending school because it was "a distraction to teachers". So one male student goes in wearing a cheerleader mini-skirt

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   

agreed!

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   

land of the free....I don't understand how you Americans can stand for this nonsense. Every fu***** hillbilly in your country makes up his own rules.

Now when I think about it...I guess that's what you mean by "freedom"....

America is going around world selling freedom...while at the same time...parts of America are more backwards than North Korea.

Really ridiculous.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Anyafaj

I swear, the more and more I hear, the more and more I am convinced that principals have severe cases of narcissism, power hunger, and control issues.

I mean, really, these principals seem to feel the need to have such heavy handed, and often-times over-blown responses to the stupidest things.

I swear, there should be a pyschological eval to be in any position of power. Tho, It would have to be a totoally new system, not the current system to test them, as the system was designed, IMO, but people with the same problems.

Seriously, tho, women in suits can have the same heart-beat intensifying effect, as a girl in a dress can.

Someone needs to throttle these principals, and put them in their place.

Just my $0.02. Take it for what it's worth.

Sadly Principals on power trips are nothing new. My old vice principal could care less when I was being bullied. Somehow it was always my fault, even when I was almost paralyzed. When my daughter started school, he was my daughter's principal, yeah us! Not! Because she was special needs, right away she was bullied, and of course, it was her fault. How dare she be born missing part of her brain! Who did she think she was! All the other kids had to say was those magic words, "She started it!" Boom, guess who got in trouble? Nope, not them. I hated that jerk! Even more so when he tried getting my daughter put in foster care because I refused to put her in a Juvenile detention school, which is illegal to do if you have autism, which she does. They were ticked I know the law and I refused to let them break it for my kid! I had enough of their games and took her immediately to an autism school and had her tested and they enrolled her immediately. She began to excel as soon as she got in!

I can relate, as I was a special needs kid due to eye-sight limitations I have.

It really feels like schools teach more about discrimination, and how to get away with things that any logical, wise person would look at and go "That isn't going to fly".

I was terrorized by my 3rd grade teacher, and the principal as well. The principal and my mom went rounds, but my parents being ill familiarized with the law, did not help me much. I spent a lot of time in "special ed" classes because of it.

It wasn't until I was pulled, because a friend of my family told my mom what I was enduring at school, was I put in a private school, did I excel, as well.

If you have any problems, tho, public school will make you feel like your nothing but a piece of trash, and they appear to encourage the other kids to project this idea as well.

It's a shame, really.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I agree with the Principal. I'm sick of all the stuff being pushed on the majority by minorities.
edit on 5-4-2015 by NotMoose because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: stormcell
There's a story where one principal in Florida who banned students from wearing shorts in Summer while attending school because it was "a distraction to teachers". So one male student goes in wearing a cheerleader mini-skirt

LOL It used to be, you could wear shorts as long as they go to your knees like a skirt.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   

I can relate, as I was a special needs kid due to eye-sight limitations I have.

It really feels like schools teach more about discrimination, and how to get away with things that any logical, wise person would look at and go "That isn't going to fly".

I was terrorized by my 3rd grade teacher, and the principal as well. The principal and my mom went rounds, but my parents being ill familiarized with the law, did not help me much. I spent a lot of time in "special ed" classes because of it.

It wasn't until I was pulled, because a friend of my family told my mom what I was enduring at school, was I put in a private school, did I excel, as well.

If you have any problems, tho, public school will make you feel like your nothing but a piece of trash, and they appear to encourage the other kids to project this idea as well.

It's a shame, really.

I was lucky because I knew about PINS in NY and I researched it knowing they were going to try and put my daughter on it eventually. Especially with them blaming every bully incident on her. There was even a student on the school bus who told my daughter on a Friday that if she showed up on Monday he was going to cut her head off, then proceeded to show her a knife. Somehow it became my daughter's fault. They refused to remove this kid from the bus. So I had to pull her from the bus. I knew they had two special ed buses, yet they refused to put her on the second bus! They tried telling me they didn't HAVE a second bus. When I told the guidance counselor I was going to sue, she told the Principal, the Principal wrote her up! You'll love why. "Getting too involved in a student's life." But my daughter finally got on the second non-existent school bus after 2 months of me busing her. The Principal was ticked with me!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join