It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you read "recent" posts or just what makes it to the main site index?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I think it would be an interresting pool. Is it even physically possible for a normal person to monitor and participate just one whole forum like this on the internet?

For me it has to be a really boring week to even check anything above the ats main-stream-page. I know I probably miss the best stuff but I don't have the energy and another x online hours. Not to mention there's a need to stay sane. Is there anyone who spends let's say 12 hours a day reading everything?

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: PapagiorgioCZ

I tend to always go to the new posts first and scroll back. Then I will go to the recent ones. I usually check thread replies almost right away though.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   

I navigate ATS exclusively from the recent posts page and my inbox for replies.

It's the only tab I have open other than the individual threads I read and I refresh it every 5 mins or so.

~Tenth

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   

I check the new threads regularly.
Plenty of good threads receive too little attention... especially on the weekends.
I suspect that many members spend time on ATS while they are at work.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I check in throughout the day on the "new" section and scroll down to the threads that were on top at last visit. I see most every thread created most days but only read those of interest to me. Occasionally I'll check the main top thread page to see if any got by me.

Edit : and like butcher guy says, I have way more time for ATSing at work than home.

edit on 4 4 2015 by caterpillage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   

I know I probably miss the best stuff but I don't have the energy and another x online hours.

I'm a 'hit and run' poster because I simply don't have the time. There are those that seemingly are always up, responding straight away regardless of the time.

Then I gotta go, the real world beckons…

bye

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I'm reading your recent post but not understanding why it's in the rant section.

Or did I miss something

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Irritates me as well.
But I would have probability done the same if it was guaranteed to draw more hits to the site. Or maybe there is another reason???

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I usually go to my inbox first. Then I go to the myATS thing to see if anything is going on with a thread I'd commented on. Then I go to the live feed. Then, the new. I don't read every single thing, just whatever catches my attention.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: jude11

Wow, there's plenty of you.
General chit chat was the right section I guess. Nevermind.
However I think you still have to miss negligible percentage of thought flow after just one day off.
I've tried it once to read everything from my last access and I had to give it up because it was like a second job

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: PapagiorgioCZ
I think it would be an interresting pool. Is it even physically possible for a normal person to monitor and participate just one whole forum like this on the internet?

For me it has to be a really boring week to even check anything above the ats main-stream-page. I know I probably miss the best stuff but I don't have the energy and another x online hours. Not to mention there's a need to stay sane. Is there anyone who spends let's say 12 hours a day reading everything?

I mostly use the "new topics" page.

I find topics of interest to me, I participate.

Then to follow said topics once they are off the first couple of pages, I use the drop down menu profile and my posts to stay up on current t threads of interest I participate in.

I read the entire board for 18 hours one day, in the winter time, it is hard to keep up with.

In the summer it seems to be much busier since all the kids are out of school.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

Plenty of good threads receive too little attention... especially on the weekends.

I wonder howuch down time this site has caused at work honestly.

I know I use my phone to ATS at work.

Screw work, it is boring, ATS is mentaly stimulating, FTW!!!!
edit on 4-4-2015 by johnwick because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-4-2015 by johnwick because: auto correct got me again

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   

I rarely check recent posts or the main page.

Each day I check New threads then subscribe to ones that interest me after that I will keep tabs on the ones I subscribed to see how the conversation progresses.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

Yeah, its actually amazing how active ATS is during American work hours, then significantly slows down after hours and weekends.

Anyway, I just scroll though the 'new' threads and then keep going back to 'myATS' to check out the threads I've posted in, that seems to catch everything that interest me. Plus catching threads early when they first start in the new section, means you don't have to read though 20 pages in one go to know what's going in a thread.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   
New topics page for me as well.
I'm usually never away long enough to miss a thread that interests me.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I post very similar to you I guess. I don't have the time to follow all replies.

I start on new topics, then IF I have time I use 'myATS' to try and follow threads I have posted in.

I don't get there often as most my ATS time is spent reading new topics.

I never go to the front ATS page. I have found, IMHO, that I find more topics that interest me if I see new threads and not rely on what is 'popular'.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I have the "new" tab open on a second screen while i am reading ,watching a movie or playing a game , and once in a while i refresh the page to check for new stuff.

I read most of the "new" threads and the reply's but seldom respond to a thread , i rather read about other people opinions and stories instead of sharing my own.

No way to even come close to the intelligence and humor of some members here anyway

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   

I look into the new, recent and top threads almost daily; but usually in the morning...as I have responsibilities that I need to accomplish throughout the rest of the day.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Thank's for showing your MO's. I guess I need to start using the tools. I found myself with some 50 tabs opened waiting for me to be read. I had something to say to each of them. It's frustrating. They are gone anyway. I have to close them all and be content with just headlines.
There's so many of them just in "fragile earth" I was planning to do some additional research

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: TheGreazel

Is that "orbiter space flight sim" as your avi pic?

I live that program, I bet I have wasted an entire year of my life on it alone.

I had to let it go, I flew a mission to every planet in the solar system.

Totally plotted them all myself, screwed up the math a mlion times had to make hundreds of course corrections etc.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join