It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tracers to mark a low magazine.. Who dun it?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I forgot all about this thread. I was going to tell you that it wasn't a comic book series. It was a series of novels but I forget what it was called. I talked to a friend about the tracers and he said you wouldn't want that in a handgun. Also, he said it's not a good idea in a rifle or so called assault weapon because the barrel would get too hot and possibly warp.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: PaddyInf

I can understand needing to justify every shot but that to me sounds like much to restrictive RoE's. I've heard and read we have had similar issues in the GWOT. This seems to be a pretty sticky grey area. You don't want guys risking their lives in the name of too much control but you don't want guys going full cowboy either. I wonder if technology can help this in anyway?

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

90% of my training is devoted to drawing and firing 1 or 2 or 3 rounds and reloading through 2 or 4 mags all loaded to a different amount mixed up to try and put some surprise into the reload. Usually just the 2 extra I normally carry but if I'm doing full load out I have 4 extra pistol mags.

I've been working a lot lately in what ole "Shrek" McPhee calls anticipation. He's got some good info on "trigger jerk" being a myth and it's all metal. His methods work. After I filmed myself I loosened up A lot and have gotten comepletely rid of my first shot being 4-6 inches low. The next 2-3 shots don't need so much correcting either and they feel a lot smoother and faster on target.

Doesn't hurt to throw in some north Hollywood style run and gun every now and again tho. Just like tourniquets at the range, your only the tacticoool idiot until someone gets shot in the thigh and has 30 seconds before they bleed out. Don't focus on worst case but it's always good to at least brush up on them.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigoism

*in my best R. lee Voice*

Them damn dems and their food stamps! I got an extra dead bolt on my gun closet that's DNA coded too only me so they don't sneak in and take my guns while I sleep! If it wasn't for the dems trying to take always muh guns I'd have more time catch up on what uncle Phil has been preaching about! Damn queers.... Err wait... Go guns! And Jesus take the wheel!

All joking aside I'd bet very few people outside of the people who actually spend time trying to educate themselves even know what an "active shooter bag" is or understand the potential, low as it may be, of something CRAZY to happen. Seen the videos of the 4 guys pulling armed robbery on crowded freeways? I don't even know the answer to that kinda attack but I know you chances go up with extended magazines

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Ya I'm very much off the tracer idea. However in similar fashion I found some reloaded ammo from a distributor that throws 5-10 nice sparks like 10 feet out of the barrel. Pretty noticeable but not nearly as noticeable as tracers would be. Now I just gotta find some hollow point reloads that do it and I'm all set.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: mindseye1609

Good deal. There's a catalog called The Sportsman's Guide that has reloading stuff. I'm not sure how they compare price wise with other companies. You can find them here. Besides reloading supplies, they sell targets, clothing, and other cool stuff.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

I was just surfing that site the other night lookin for slugs. The Hornady SST's look like the winners. Got a couple boxes and gonna see how they shoot out of my gun, chances are it'll be a match made in heaven. All sources say they love a 1 in 35 twist rate and that just happened to be what I had! 300 yard 12 gauge deer kill is the goal this fall! Currently waiting on a Timney trigger sear and spring for it now and then we are off to the races!

Hmm this made me think of something, do they make any kind of 9mm sabot? Rifle caliber sabots? They gotta have penetrating sabots for 50 bmg, O WAIT is a SLAP a sabot? Ya I think they are, vicious.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: mindseye1609

That's cool. Not a lot of people have heard of them. I don't know if they have sabots. I did find some on Cabela's website. Again, I don't know how they compare price wise with other stores. HERE
edit on 3-6-2015 by Skid Mark because: Grammar matters. Some things just do NOT sound right with poor grammar lol

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join