It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BOREDOM!!!!! A thread for me to do something.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Thinks it's already been done by Dan Brown.......

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: sussy

Where does boredom come from Sussy? Your post has sparked some thoughts in me.

Could it be that we are overly entertained? Overly amused? Could it be that this culture is geared to the chemical rush our brains put out when we are being stimulated with all these forms of self directed entertainments. Like babies with little swinging toys to hold their attention and keep them from crying. And now that we are grown and crying is no longer acceptable, we get bored instead?

How about we accept our boredom, let it sweep over us and explode this notion that we need to be amused at all times. Maybe boredom is just a cold turkey reaction to the drugs of entertainment. Maybe once we get past the redrawal symptoms we call boredom, we will find ourselves in a more natural state, where we are no longer psychologically dependent on amusements and existing and experiencing life from a more un-adulterated state of being.
Just a thought.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Yes we are probably over entertained or our expectation is that we should be doing something. It was the feeling I had that went with the boredom though, like I was depressed but I wasn't. I'm over the boredom now but even I couldn't think of anything to entertain me. Notice also how I blocked others interesting ideas, its almost like being a teenager and just couldn't be bothered. It's a funny thing to be bored. Maybe I just hit a brick wall with thoughts of stuff to do. Thank you for your reply though.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: sussy

Notice also how I blocked others interesting ideas, its almost like being a teenager and just couldn't be bothered.
Why, yes I did notice and for what it is worth am glad that you noticed also. How about a s+f for your realization.
Look at me woodja? Handing out s+f like I was some kinda Santa. I must be bored.
That's all for me Sussy, I'm going back to Minesweeper now.

edit on 30America/ChicagoFri, 03 Apr 2015 13:50:22 -0500Fri, 03 Apr 2015 13:50:22 -050015042015-04-03T13:50:22-05:001u50 by TerryMcGuire because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join