It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Navy Wouldn't Last a Week in WW3

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 07:20 AM
link   
I'm aware of the following nations putting subs inside a US carrier bubble and "sinking" a CVN

China
Canada
Russia
Netherlands
UK
Australia
Norway
France
Chile

What people with American Superiority Syndrome forget is that you can have all the technology in the world, but its the calibre of people running the vessels, and their strategies that count. (that, and the age old virtue of luck)

edit on 3/4/15 by neformore because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: neformore

Oh my god, you're right! That proves the US won't last a week, and anyone who thinks otherwise is an ASS.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   

What people with American Superiority Syndrome forget is that you can have all the technology in the world, but its the calibre of people running the vessels, and their strategies that count.

And isn't that the biggest reason we run training scenarios with those countries, as to see where we need improvement?

How many other navies around the world come to learn from the US, as they have knowledge that others want...so it seems American Superiority is something others are trying to get and learn.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Glad I clicked this thread, I needed a good laugh.

"The lady doth protest too much, methinks"
edit on 3-4-2015 by Lysergic because: I before E but never A as I?

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: glend
a reply to: Answer

Yep, keep telling yourself that link,

The US Navy doesn't engage active sonar without cause. They did not, to my knowledge, engage the sonar on the ship that I served on ever, with the exception of verifying functionality during work-ups prior to a cruise. We didn't have it on during the numerous exercises we were part of.

We did come across a Turkish sub that made it close enough, one of the lookouts actually saw the periscope come up out of the water and called it in. I was BMOW, and was about 2 seconds from being ordered to call GQ, but one of the Chinook pilot's scared off the sub.

I was stationed in Bremerton, which is just around the bay from Bangor, which is where the western sub fleet is housed.

This is the Virginia Class Sub.

en.wikipedia.org...

If you get anywhere near it without the proper security clearance, there is a "small" contingent of Marine's that will break you off one faster than you are going to be comfortable with.

This is the Ohio Replacement:

en.wikipedia.org...

I was once told that one of these subs, parked in the right spot in the Pacific, could, quite literally, turn a fair chunk of the surface of the Earth to glass very quickly.

As of the time of this post, there are 11 Virginia class subs in active duty.

It would seem that the US Government and Military are more interested in Air and Space supremacy (the information is a little dated, but you get the point):

www.globalsecurity.org...

This is a map of major US Military bases around the word:

www.google.com...

That cuts the strike time down significantly, especially if they catch the ships / subs in port with a quick first-strike ala Pearl Harbor.

So, keeping with my personal belief that every war after, and probably including, WWII was for money and control of certain technologies, assets, and minerals, as well as a fair chunk of foreign ground to set up military bases worldwide; lets assume that WWIII will not have any political or monetary motivation. That the US will no longer continue the farce of caring about its public image, war crimes, etc., in the face of all out war. The it will bring the full might of its entire military force to bear against everyone all at once.

Factoring in the NSA's official Pwn status on pretty much every country in the world with a major military force, there exists the possibility that they may never even know we are coming until it's too late.

Given the US has been the biggest bully on the block for awhile, and that it has pretty much gone around slapping the crap out of other countries, the question you have to ask yourself is this; once the US is sick of all the BS and the slapping and pushing hasn't gotten it its way, would it pull out that gun you are pretty sure it has tucked under its shirt and pull the trigger?

So, the US Navy not lasting a week? We should all be so lucky.
edit on 3-4-2015 by sstech because: Spelling

edit on 3-4-2015 by sstech because: Spelling

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   

True. But context is important. These cases happened in training scenarios that were created to be exceedingly difficult if not impossible to overcome. Not much is learned when you design your scenarios to be easy and your people breeze through it.

I think the only way to ultimately settle this debate is to stop using propagandist words, and start using live bombs!

Yay for WW3! Best way to test the new hardware!

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Do we even know if the newer Russian and Chinese vessels are even worth anything?

They are still new to the game of modern warfare. They could be paper tigers.

Only nations that can seem to build ships on par with the USA are the UK, Japan and France and even then in much smaller numbers.

Though don't sweds build good subs?

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: mazzroth

5 Most Powerful Navies

edit on 3-4-2015 by amicktd because: Typo

Basically the Russian fleet is just old rust buckets from the Cold War. I'd be more worried about China than Russia.
edit on 3-4-2015 by amicktd because: Add content

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Russia puts all their cards on the table and says "See?!"
The U.S. has so many Special Weapons Projects made under
deep black SAPs when trouble starts its like Xmas and the black
boxes get opened up.
"What's G13 do Bobby ? Says here it sinks everything
from Subs to rickety merchant marine ships without the special transponder from 35 degrees
latitude north. BOOM...Wow... look at that....So What does G14 do ?
Let's stop before we get A.S.S.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: amicktd

I'd still put the Royal Navy ahead of Russia.

Sorry but I do t think there dated fleet would stand much of a chance.

I'd put France ahead too.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

I agree, just wanted to post an article that put Russia's navy into perspective. It's laughable at best.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   

The U.S. Navy is highly trained as well as our allies. Trust me I spent 10 years in the sub fleet. It's exhausting the amount of training were put through.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: amicktd
a reply to: crazyewok

I agree, just wanted to post an article that put Russia's navy into perspective. It's laughable at best.

I think basing strength on just sizes is silly too.

A UK Type 45 Destroyer or Arleigh Burke could take on a few Sovremennyy or Udaloy Russian Destroyers.

And Chinese Aircraft carriers are not even in the same league as US aircraft carriers.

And Russia may have had a slight lead in subs in 1980 but they are still using the same subs and only just replacing them.
edit on 3-4-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-4-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Answer

All this talk about subs has made me hungry.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: NotMoose
If it is WWIII the US Navy will have no problem using Low Frequency Active Sonar, or LFA -- a new extended-range submarine-detection system . It is harmful to marine life, but if it's WWIII you know they will deploy it.

Is this why thousands of sea life are washing up on our shores? Testing?

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: AthlonSavage
The west needs to increases it defence budget three fold.

Or just listen to the old saying..."Can't we all just get along?"

People shouldn't be killing people because of racial backround, religion, money or anything else for that matter! The thought of war is a joke and most of the population around the globe doesn't want war for any reason! We will get along just fine without the oil the war leads to and is stolen after victory! We don't need the money because money is fake, find another way around money! We don't need land, everyone should use the land for exploring and enjoying it...Our basic thought process behind many things we do are so skewed, it is all a farce! We need to enjoy life together and live off of the land...People should be helping each other advance, not fight because they/we are different!!

/rant

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   
From the responses that I have read most of you have no idea how a war would be conducted. It is not ship v ship. We layer our warfighting with ships, aircraft and space based assets. So educate yourselves before making statement to the strengths of our military. It's not like playing Battleship with your bud down the street.

The only way we will lose it will be the same things we experienced fighting war since the 1950's. Groups of anarchists, student activists, yellow press and politicians seeking office by throwing our military under the f'king buss by micromanaging every move HERE AT HOME! If we were beaten it was done by ourselves not Iraq, Russia, China, Viet Nam or North Korea.
edit on 3-4-2015 by buddah6 because: lobotomized through superior pain meds.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: buddah6
Or just stop interveneing in countrys we shouldn't be in the first place?

If your getting mass protests and resistance at home shouldn't that tell you something ? IE you shouldn't be there?

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: neformore
I'm aware of the following nations putting subs inside a US carrier bubble and "sinking" a CVN

China
Canada
Russia
Netherlands
UK
Australia
Norway
France
Chile

What people with American Superiority Syndrome forget is that you can have all the technology in the world, but its the calibre of people running the vessels, and their strategies that count. (that, and the age old virtue of luck)

In training missions they run scenarios constantly.

Do you not think it likely this was a scenario to see how the entire fleet would react?

Have you any military training?

We played war games all the time.

Including worst case scenarios, just in case it happens.

Some of them all but 100% unlikely to occur.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: buddah6
From the responses that I have read most of you have no idea how a war would be conducted. It is not ship v ship. We layer our warfighting with ships, aircraft and space based assets. So educate yourselves before making statement to the strengths of our military. It's not like playing Battleship with your bud down the street.

The only way we will lose it will be the same things we experienced fighting war since the 1950's. Groups of anarchists, student activists, yellow press and politicians seeking office by throwing our military under the f'king buss by micromanaging every move HERE AT HOME! If we were beaten it was done by ourselves not Iraq, Russia, China, Viet Nam or North Korea.

Couldn't agree more.

I think in war all strategy shod come only from commanders.

Never let politicians decide strategy, it gets our guys killed for their political ends.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join