It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you can't pay your student loan, we will take your drivers licence.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 04:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71
Other than student loans, which other legal contracts should we let be ignored?

I dont think anyones saying ignore them.

But to take away the ability to drive or proffesional licences is stupid!

How is massively affecting ones ability to work going to help a debt issue?

It makes no logical sense like fighting fire with petrol,
edit on 4-4-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   
how about if you can't pay your student loan, don't go to college? You know, like it used to be when people didn't spend money they didn't have on # they didn't need.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: keenasbro
I wasn't sure where to put this, I figured that it should come under political madness because that's what it is.

If they take your drivers license away, then you will be forced to use the Public Transportation, (a win for them) Walk or use your bicycle to get to work. Either way they get their banking masters the money back and the investors they pawned the loan off on to so that they do not have skin in the game that they created out of thin air when you created the loan.

Personal Responsibility is for the serfs and enrichment is for those that know how to work the system at others expense

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace
It's the same way in the State of Kentucky. They can strip you of all your professional licenses if you do not pay your student loans. They can also prevent you from acquiring a professional license to begin with. Student loan debt is nothing more than legal slavery.

Default Student Loan (Kentucky)
\

And as usual, this would not be a problem if it were not for the unproductive financial sector that preys on other people's money to enrich themselves, just like the housing bubble.

www.theguardian.com...
Wall Street's virus has infected your college debt, and Obama's doing zero

www.wsj.com...
Student-Loan Securities Stay Hot
Investors' Hunger for Returns Is Driving Demand Even as More Borrowers Fall Behind on Their Payments

www.opensecrets.org...

Top Contributors to Obama

Goldman Sachs $1,034,615
JPMorgan Chase & Co $847,895
Citigroup Inc $755,057
US Government $638,335
Skadden, Arps et al $554,439
US Dept of Justice $540,636
IBM Corp $534,470
UBS AG $534,166
General Electric $532,031
Morgan Stanley $528,182

www.opensecrets.org...

Top Contributors to Romney

Goldman Sachs $1,033,204
Bank of America $1,013,402
Morgan Stanley $911,305
JPMorgan Chase & Co $834,096
Wells Fargo $677,076
Credit Suisse Group $643,120
Citigroup Inc $511,199
Barclays $446,000
General Electric $332,875

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

Hmm! what do you think?

How about people pay what they owe? Or do not get into a debt you cannot pay. Or is that too simple!

I payed off my student loans but just the same have no qualms with others not paying off theirs if it will break the corruption.

College Prices would not be as high as they are if it were not for Banking Lobbyists wanting to get a cut of other peoples money.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
It's not a new tactic for a debtor to decide that if you can't them for some reason, they will charge you more. Even though I agree that you should pay back what you owe, I never understood the logic of how an added fee was supposed to make money that wasn't there to begin with magically materialize.

And, yes, it is terribly counter-productive to basically rob a person of their means of transportation and getting to and from a job which would be where you get your payment from ... Pounding a person with penalties that will more or less ensure they will never crawl out of the hole they've gotten into isn't going to get any debtor their money.

It does not matter. The loaners have no skin in the game since they passed the loan off to investors (SLABS - Student Loan Securities) and left the tax payers on the hook. So, Bus, Bike, Walk or Prison ensures the state gets their pound of flesh off of the slaves for their masters.

We should rig the system like the Banksters did.
Students go to college with the hope for financial returns and when they fail to meet the obligations of paying off the loans, pay a small fine like 10 bucks. Call it the cost of "doing business" that they can easily afford like the Banksters do.
edit on 4-4-2015 by jacobe001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 10:56 PM
link   
we are cranking out college grads every year,
with no place to go.
there arent enough mcdonalds to go around.
sign of the times..

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac
I'm convinced this is part of some agenda to make us all criminal.

Then they just need to punish the law breakers- death penalty should be a nice fit!

As for anyone claiming "don't get into debt", Go eat one. The government let that boat sail over a hundred years ago when they handed over the country to the central DEBT BASED CURRENCY system used world wide today.

The Government and Special Interests have you exactly where they want you.
Neither of the major parties create incentives or credits to encourage dependence from Government or Wall Street.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: jacobe001

I wasn't sure where to put this, I figured that it should come under political madness because that's what it is.

If they take your drivers license away, then you will be forced to use the Public Transportation, (a win for them) Walk or use your bicycle to get to work. Either way they get their banking masters the money back and the investors they pawned the loan off on to so that they do not have skin in the game that they created out of thin air when you created the loan.

Personal Responsibility is for the serfs and enrichment is for those that know how to work the system at others expense

Actually talking about bicycles to get around, the new electric models actually work well . As far as Urban commuting goes they are now very good. Below a certain wattage, they don't have to be taxed or have a road worthiness cert. Just plug them in for a recharge . No worries with parking, and their even fold up models.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 11:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

Since 1990!

The jobs are gone, but the debt remains, as does the requirement for a degree for even low level labor. I've told the story here before, but I know a pizza shop a couple towns over where the minimum requirements to work there is a 4 year engineering or mathematics degree. Welcome to the new economy.

It is the consequences of the Globalist New World Order Utopia we live in now.
All the politicians are globalists now.

I think it should go viral where a politician is asked if he is a Globalist or Pro American and should show his policies and connections.

Throw away the Republican and Democrat dog and pony show and just tell us if you are Pro American
edit on 4-4-2015 by jacobe001 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join