It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

At least 15 dead as gunmen attact university in Kenya

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

I think its time 5 Star General's become our respective leaders instead of Lawyers & Bankers & CEOs and Lawyers & Bankers & CEOs and Oil Tycoons & "Philanthropists" and Oil Tycoons & "Philantropists"...

I think that is a great idea. Why not have someone leading the people that understands all of the repercussions that could result from their actions, or lack there of. At this point I think something has to change, we can't keep doing the same things and expected different outcomes.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Boeing777

LoL.

The theories of Lucy's bones don't really contradict our beliefs though Boeing cos she wasn't fully human...
Just a humanoid as far as I know but different species.

Even then, I am not a fan of carbon dating etc...
Could be older or younger than was worked out...

"Forgot to carry the one" comes to mind when I think of dating technology.

All in all, I'm not fully convinced of anything.
Thus I follow my beliefs and soul search for answers.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Probably wouldn't have even been asked what religion I am

Forgive if I'm wrong mate, but aren't you the 'wrong' type of Muslim for these barbarians?

You know these Wahhabi inspired extremists dislike anyone who doesn't agree with their religious code etc....but they reserve a particular hatred for Shia, Sufi etc.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

Probably wouldn't have even been asked what religion I am

Forgive if I'm wrong mate, but aren't you the 'wrong' type of Muslim for these barbarians?

You know these Wahhabi inspired extremists dislike anyone who doesn't agree with their religious code etc....but they reserve a particular hatred for Shia, Sufi etc.

For sure... Which was kind of my point...
All they have to do is ask me about Al Wahhab, all I could muster is that he is a faith hijacking mullah who destroyed a beautiful region with sectarian nonsense...

But as far as I know, most Muslims in this area are of the same denomination...
Namely Wahhabi.
So most would probably be safe.

I'm confident in suggesting a few Muslims also died today, but it's clear who was the intended targets.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   
This hasn't anything to do with religion other than the psychopaths use it as vehicle excuse to carry out their carnage. There are some people definitely genetically orientated to violence and science should take a active step in finding a way to test this at any early stage for every human being born on the planet.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: AthlonSavage

This hasn't anything to do with religion other than the psychopaths use it as vehicle excuse to carry out their carnage.

I'm sorry but the evidence sort of disagrees with you there.

Its some what strange that the vast majority of these extremist groups who are carrying out these acts of barbarism across Africa, the Middle East, Far East and even here in the UK have one striking thing in common; they are Wahhabi inspired / related Muslims who are determined to impose their religious beliefs upon everyone or failing to do that then kill them.

That can not be coincidence.

If we are to believe that they are nothing but 'psychopaths' then we must in turn believe that a massively large and disproportionate number of Wahhabi inspired / related Muslims are psychopaths.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Its still will boil down to DNA. A person has to be a psychopath to want to kill no matter what religion he/she believes in. The root cause is internal to the human being. The solution is to get to the root cause.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: AthlonSavage

I'm not really that versed in psychology etc but I think there must be more to it than just DNA.
Surely one's environment and the inputs and influences that surround people have a bearing on it - and a large part of that will be religious inclination / indoctrination etc.

If it was just 'DNA' then wouldn't there be an even distribution of psychopaths across the social / religious / racial spectrum?

Maybe someone more qualified than I could give us a more academic take on things.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I don't watch television, I didn't listen to my little radio all day nor scanned the news screen on ATS, but in the sermon at church tonight I heard of this.
And I was so sadened, I cried for the poor children for their fellow students their parents but mostly because of the message that was related: " These Evil People" Yes what was/is happening is evil, incomprehensible but............
nothing was said of the evil we/I harbor in my own heart.
My own prejudice, envy, hate.
We/I use these people as scape-goats and ignore my own resistance to create peace in my emidiate surounding.
It MUST stop in my own back yard.
WIS

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 12:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: AthlonSavage
a reply to: Freeborn

Its still will boil down to DNA. A person has to be a psychopath to want to kill no matter what religion he/she believes in. The root cause is internal to the human being. The solution is to get to the root cause.

Not at all - a person can be trained to kill, both physically and mentally. Couple that with religious brainwashing and it can make any one supple enough into a killer. DNA has sod all to do with it.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Lucy wasn't dated via Carbon dating - the fall back position of all evolution deniers is "carbon dating isn't accurate", yet it is of little use beyond a few tens of thousands of years anyway, there are much better dating methods available.

Off topic, I know, but it needed pointing out.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 08:27 AM
link   
So the death toll is up to 150.
Isn't Obama a Christian and isn't Obama's family from Kenya?

Has he come out to say something like:
"If I had a son, he'd look like one of those slaughtered Christian students in Kenya!"?

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Many people have terror fatigue especially in that part of the world, I am afraid folks are getting numb to the whole thing, just like school shootings in the U.S after awhile it's like yeah just another Friday.
edit on 3-4-2015 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 11:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
So the death toll is up to 150.
Isn't Obama a Christian and isn't Obama's family from Kenya?

Has he come out to say something like:
"If I had a son, he'd look like one of those slaughtered Christian students in Kenya!"?

Well he is busy signing a deal to stop Iran from getting a Nuke, so we all don't glow in the dark whether we look like his non existent son or not, so far so good iam sure we have folks in the area with drones on the ready.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Kenya has universities?

Huh. Learn something new everyday/

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: STTesc
Kenya has universities?

Are you serious right now, or just being factious.
African Skylines..The Other Africa
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Go here^^
edit on 4-4-2015 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

Kenya has universities?

Go here^^

It was an attempt at dark humor to lighten the mood a bit that obviously didn't work very well. This is a tragedy.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 10:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

Kenya has universities?

Go here^^

It was an attempt at dark humor to lighten the mood a bit that obviously didn't work very well. This is a tragedy.

Okay got cha! sometimes humor doesn't carry well online..

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

These Neanderthals

Many years on this earth has gifted me with encounters of people I would rate as the above, but has also taught me that I hold the same "gene' within me, when I retaliate. Name calling and generalization only adds to the problem.

stay dumb dammit is their strategy for humanity.

So is the intent of the corperate world, the uneducated are easier to manipulate, it is more subtle in the west but it is here.

If they catch them alive and convict them, they should line em up against a wall, have women shoot them then bury them with swine, post it all on the internet and get it viral.

An Eye For An Eye, Makes The Whole World Blind. ( M. Ghandi)
The women you want to kill these people will have in mind her own child who turned out wrong for some arbitrary reason and not be able to exsicute your judgement.
Hate only breeds hate.
As a Christian, not just of habit, but of choice, I am well aware of the past history to which I join. And I am ashamed, but I can only mend it and not repeate the past. This is my responsibility.
My great grand father came from Lebanon, so am I what? Arab? I guess so. I have Gypsy blood too. We were terminated during the Holocaust. And so forth. I am a proud "multi minority" Neanderthal, perhaps.

I am My Brothers Keeper, the oppressed and the oppressor.
Surely we must defend and protect the innocent but too often our target hits these same people on "the other side" and not the actual perpatrator.
This is just a mirror of our own back yard.

I do under stand the rage, I hold it with in me.
WIS

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Apparently the Kenyan police waited 7 hours before they went in and cleaned house in a few minutes, they might of greatly reduced the # of dead if they did not wait so long. I heard 140+ dead.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join