It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BAALBEK - Video March 2015 Simply Amazing Structure

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Baalbek - Ancient Megalithic Wonder -

Here in this awesome 35 minute video we see an amazing structure which has endured throughout many different ages. You will hear different theories about how it was built, by whom and when.

One of the things I found most amazing was that some of the columns came from Aswan in Egypt. That must be around a 1000 mile journey! These days it takes 4 hours and 20 minutes to FLY between the two!

It is suggested in the video that sound and water was used to create an anti gravity field to easily move the blocks …. Make of that what you will.

Thoughts?

VIDEO -

vimeo.com...

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: JamesTB

Can't access Vimeo from where I'm at...is there a YouTube equivalent that you know of?

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   

I have visited Baalbek and it really is an awesome sight. The "brickwork" is amazing...how did they do that..seriously?

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   
That was a great video, thanks for posting it.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   

WOW! That's a staggering number to read, but when it comes into view around the 6 minute mark it just blows the mind. That's immense! Thanks for posting the video.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   
The text under the vid overstates the weights of the three large stones by 25%, indicating the vid is not worth my time.

There are many interesting threads here at ATS about this site. The last one I participated in was a couple of year ago. That thread had several good methods whereby the Roman builders of the Temple of Jupiter (that's what the site is) could have quarried, transported and placed these massive stones.

Harte

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Harte
The text under the vid overstates the weights of the three large stones by 25%, indicating the vid is not worth my time.

There are many interesting threads here at ATS about this site. The last one I participated in was a couple of year ago. That thread had several good methods whereby the Roman builders of the Temple of Jupiter (that's what the site is) could have quarried, transported and placed these massive stones.

Harte

Pretty sure it is pre Roman and it was a temple for Baal. The Romans came along and married it to Jupiter, built on it so that the populace would be doing a Roman thing instead of their own thing.

It is a nice video if you never been to the site, you can even hear firsthand what the local tour guide says to all the tourists without having to pay for it.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 03:53 AM
link   
It seem too easy to me to dismiss this stuff simply by saying that they only needed 1000's of men to drag the rocks or they had plenty of time to pound it all out with stones but I can't help but think that maybe they had some kind of lost technology. Take this photo for instance what kind of technology are we looking at here?

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 04:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

originally posted by: Harte

Harte

Pretty sure it is pre Roman and it was a temple for Baal. The Romans came along and married it to Jupiter, built on it so that the populace would be doing a Roman thing instead of their own thing.

It is a nice video if you never been to the site, you can even hear firsthand what the local tour guide says to all the tourists without having to pay for it.

It's been established that the Romans were the ones that put the retaining wall in. The wall with the humongous stones.

Like I said, there are several threads here about it. The one I mentioned gives the facts and the evidence.

Harte

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Civilisation utilise building materials which are easy for them to use and these massive blocks were obviously not easy for the Roman to use. Dragging blocks for miles or indeed hundreds of miles in some cases on ‘tree trunks’ or ‘wet sand’ is just a ludicrous method when they could have used smaller blocks which are much easier to transport.

Also what kind of tools did the Roman possess which could leave marks like these which are found in Baalbek?

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Chisels.

Similar Roman construction can be found in Jerusalem, just down the road.

Harte

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 05:50 AM
link   
My grandparent was a wood guy who built a lot of roofs. He had a lot of chisels. When I tried to chisel wood when I was a kid there was no freaking way I could chisel the way it is shown on the picture - with almost the same lines in circles over and over again. And I was doing it with wood, which is softer than any stone.

I won't say it can't be done with chisels but it sure would be almost impossible task from my experience.

They must have had some amazing chisels

But anyway, this location is on my bucket list to see someday, I hope I will have a privilege to see them. I don't really care how were they made, I would just like to see it in all its glory just when it was finished. That should have been glorious.

Thank you for the video.
edit on 1428058620457April574573015 by UniFinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 06:19 AM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

That's incorrect, as far as the 'temple to Baal' goes. There was never a temple for Baal at that site. Herod built a temple podium but never got around to building any temple before his death. Romans took over the site and enlarged the temple podium (including adding the Trilithon along the western edge) then built the temple to Jupiter on it, along with a couple other temples nearby. Prior to Herod the tel (dating as far back as 7,000 BC) contained evidence of man's presence and an altar, but no evidence of any temples.

Sorry to say, but Herod's and then the Romans were the first and only temple constructions at that site. The rest is folklore.
edit on 3-4-2015 by Blackmarketeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 06:26 AM
link   
a reply to: UniFinity

When I tried to chisel wood when I was a kid there was no freaking way I could chisel the way it is shown on the picture - with almost the same lines in circles over and over again. And I was doing it with wood, which is softer than any stone

Take a good hard look at those photos again. Notice how each line of chisel marks are not spaced equally? Notice how they are close to being parallel - but not exactly parallel? Notice how each line shows variations from the others?

Clear evidence of being chiseled by hand. A machine would not show such variations. I can only assume that is what is being implied here.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Good ol fashioned elbow grease and ingenuity, what the mind can conceive the body can achieve , impressive indeed..

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 06:54 AM
link   
This is how we grind down rock these days using rotary grinding equipment.

Similar marks?

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Surely you cannot be suggesting that the ancient tool marks you posted are spaced in an entirely parallel manner? You can see the irregularity, right?

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 07:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: UniFinity
When I tried to chisel wood when I was a kid there was no freaking way I could chisel the way it is shown on the picture - with almost the same lines in circles over and over again.

There is a world of difference between a kid experimenting with a chisel and the skill levels of someone who does it for a living, and has done for maybe 30 years.

It's just not worthwhile as a comparison i'm afraid.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 07:05 AM
link   
lol, i have this copied ready to paste as a new topic! Im guessing you following Brian and his latest expeditions to megalithic structures around the world. I don't fully believe in what he states - but its yet to be proven. I do however love the fact he visits megalithic structures well off the normal tourists radar!

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 07:09 AM
link   

I remember reading this a long time ago - that looks like it could be used in this:

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join