It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is the issue I have with the suposed religious people.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+19 more 
posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 10:34 PM
link   

I am not sure what I believe, but I do know I will never follow any man made book that was created to control/brainwash others.

I listen to a lot of supposed "good people" that preach the opposite of what this good person was supposed to have said.

How can anyone who discriminates, have thoughts of killing, look down on those less fortunate and still call themselves a good person.

Why are they allowed to dictate what they consider to be good moral values?

If your a a real good person..our voices should be the ones heard..not the hypocritical religious folk.

+11 more 
posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Onslaught2996

The antichrist will come wrapped in the American flag,singing the star spangled banner and will quote the bible prodigiously.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Missing, one baby. Presumably thrown out with bathwater. If you find please notify the authorities.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 10:50 PM
link   
You'll know them by their fruits.

A true Christian is not easy to find, but there seems to be many who think that they are Christian and don't have a real clue.

Of course not all religion preaches the same things, so your post's title shouldn't be about religious people, but about people who profess the religion that you have singled out. There are many beliefs, obviously you need to explore more of them besides just the one you have been exposed to.
edit on 1-4-2015 by MichiganSwampBuck because: typo

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 11:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: khnum

The antichrist will come wrapped in the American flag,singing the star spangled banner and will quote the bible prodigiously.

The way America was supposed to be, like the way Washington meant it to be, is the essence of how a truly good & superior society should be. But greed, selfish ignorance ,the corp's and the elite have stolen that dream and replaced it with a 1st world society that just looks after the elite and treat's the masses as if they were cattle.

S &F to the OP. Since you hit the nail on the head. It's mainstream religions that inhibit us from creating a truly free and compassionate society.
edit on 1-4-2015 by Subaeruginosa because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 11:07 PM
link   
A hypocrite politician? The hell you say.

I'm going to call the Washington Post. This is earth-shattering news.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

Literally laughed out loud on that one. Star for you.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 11:18 PM
link   

We know how you feel about religious people but how do you feel about spiritual people?

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 11:32 PM
link   

The Bible is a compilation of 66 works, written over thousands of years. It includes poetry, prose, history, commentary, law, songs, wisdom, prophecy and theology (amongst other topics).

It was not really written to control or brainwash anyone.

The processes of 'brainwashing' have been explored extensively by modern psychologists and the techniques differ markedly from the writings in the Bible.

Here is a Wikipedia link to an article on mind control.

That being said, there are many hypocritical people who use labels like "Christian" to achieve personal or political goals. These people are not who they purport to be.

Very few people can live up to the incredibly high standards of Jesus Christ. I'm sad to say, that I am not able. But along with the exposure to how abject we are ethically, Jesus has granted full, unearned and undeserved forgiveness upon us.

Happy Easter!

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Enochstask

Was going to reply, but couldn't say it any better than you did.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 12:12 AM
link   

There's a lot of Christians who don't follow the teachings of their leader. They don't do it because they aren't real Christians but rather because they interpret things different. They believe in other quotations from Jesus like "if you don't work, you don't eat" as a reason to not have food stamps, or that a godless social program like homeless shelters is usurping the duty of the church in providing for the less fortunate.

They may be complete hypocrites to their faiths teachings, but at the same time they're just people rationalizing their morality to whatever they want to do anyways (in this case, it's usually hoarding wealth). It's tough to hold that against them, especially when their first line of defense is that they're supposed to be flawed and make mistakes but that God will forgive them if they're truly wrong.

In short, people being people.

originally posted by: chr0naut
Very few people can live up to the incredibly high standards of Jesus Christ. I'm sad to say, that I am not able. But along with the exposure to how abject we are ethically, Jesus has granted full, unearned and undeserved forgiveness upon us.

And what standards would those be? I'm genuinely curious as every website I look at seems to have a different goalpost. One that I just read for example said something as simple as holding hands with a person you didn't intend to marry could lead to premarital sex and was itself a sin as an enabler. While another said the only true path is to find something unpopular to take up as your cause, and endure a lifetime of suffering for it.
edit on 2-4-2015 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 12:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Onslaught2996

Why are they allowed to dictate what they consider to be good moral values?

If your a a real good person..our voices should be the ones heard..not the hypocritical religious folk.

Makes sure you just Google talking points to get all your point of view....

You know there is thing thing called the vote that gets people into office, so explain to me that this is not what the voters wanted...

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 01:08 AM
link   
You love political / religious baiting threads, don't you? Religious people presumably want the same freedom you expect from society. Why not just quit being such a hater and let them live their lives free from you inflicting you beliefs on them? I think they should leave us alone as well because I don't need someone selling me their salvation or their gay lifestyle. Keep your baggage out of my life.

You obviously don't respect religious people or anyone that doesn't agree with your radical liberal beliefs, but they are still entitled to not agree with you even if it makes you angry, hold your breath till you turn blue and stomp up and down.

Why is it so important that you force other people to do what you want? It seems kinda asinine to me.

Just let people have the freedom to live their lives.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 01:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

let them live their lives free from you inflicting you beliefs on them?

How exactly is the OP hindering their freedom?

Why is it so important that you force other people to do what you want?

How exactly is the OP forcing anything?

Truly.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 02:06 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

From your link:

In her 2004 book, Brainwashing: The Science of Thought Control, neuroscientist and physiologist Kathleen Taylor put forth the theory that the neurological basis for reasoning and cognition in the brain and the self itself are changeable. She describes the physiology behind neurological pathways which include webs of neurons containing dendrites, axons, and synapses; and explains that certain brains with more rigid pathways will be less susceptible to new information or creative stimuli. She utilizes neurological science to show that brainwashed individuals have more rigid pathways, and that rigidity can make it unlikely that the individual will rethink situations or be able to later reorganize these pathways.[72] She explains that repetition is an integral part of brainwashing techniques because connections between neurons become stronger when exposed to incoming signals of frequency and intensity.[73] She argues that people in their teenage years and early twenties are more susceptible to persuasion.Taylor explains that brain activity in the temporal lobe, the region responsible for artistic creativity, also causes spiritual experiences in a process known as lability

Both the targeting of youth and repetition are employed by religious institutions.

I think everyone here is going to be biased as to what does and what doesn't qualify as "brainwashing". That said I wouldn't personally shy away from saying children are indoctrinated with religious beliefs and that's a major component in the perpetuation of religious systems.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 02:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lucid Lunacy

let them live their lives free from you inflicting you beliefs on them?

How exactly is the OP hindering their freedom?

Why is it so important that you force other people to do what you want?

How exactly is the OP forcing anything?

Truly.

How exactly is this law hindering gay people's freedom? Hint: it's not.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Are you dense?

It is a discriminatory law..allowing people to treat gay people as less than a regular member of society.

They are denying them the right to enjoy life without judgement.

How would you feel if you went to any business and was denied because of who you are?

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 03:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ultralight

We know how you feel about religious people but how do you feel about spiritual people?

Ok..my mistake again..not all religious people are jerks. I don't mind any religion or spirituality as long as they are decent to another.

The instant you use your religious or whatever to deny another human their dignity because you decided they are not up to your standards then I have issues.

What is so freaking hard about living with one another in peace. The western society is supposed to be the standard for being civilized, yet we have the religious right coming up with outdated laws....and this is why I compare them to the Muslim extremists they hate so much.
edit on 2-4-2015 by Onslaught2996 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 03:13 AM
link   
This will fall on deaf ears - most Christians who need to understand this will simply keep their heads buried in the sand.
Christianity today - especially in the US - is nothing like Jesus wanted and nothing like he had spoken about.
If there is a hell, many modern day Christians have a special place reserved in it.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 03:13 AM
link   

I can treat you badly without owning a business. Making you cry is not a crime. Not that I would treat you badly, but my point is there is no restriction of freedom for gay folk by giving religious people their freedom.

If gays and Christians want to hate on each other then by all means stay away from each other. Dealing with another human being is a voluntary act or at least SHOULD be.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join