It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Phoenix Police Officer Won't Face Charges for Fatally Shooting Unarmed Man

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Naturally.

Reuters

No criminal charges will be filed against a white Phoenix police officer who fatally shot an unarmed black man in December during what authorities described as a struggle, county prosecutors said on Wednesday.

You'll note that I left out the racial specifics in the thread title. They're so afraid of us becoming united against the police state that they have to constantly remind us of the overblown (and in my opinion, deliberately manufactured) racial component in each and every instance they can.

Anyway, as the awake know it isn't about race anymore (and never really was), we continue...

Police have said that Brisbon, 34, was shot and killed on Dec. 2 as he struggled with Rine, who suspected he was selling drugs and mistakenly believed that he felt the handle of a gun in the man’s pocket.

It was later learned that Brisbon was actually carrying a pill bottle in the struggle outside an apartment complex in Phoenix.

The sheer idiocy of mistaking a pill bottle for a pistol grip was touched upon in this thread, created following reports of the incident in question. Sounds like a far-fetched excuse to me--anything to justify the officer's actions even a little bit.

Stretching, in other words. And as we all know, you don't have to stretch far when you're a cop in a completely corrupt and illegitimate "justice" system.

Marci Kratter, the attorney for Brisbon’s family, said she was not surprised that Rine will not be held accountable.

“There was no investigation,” Kratter said. “They were certainly not interested in finding out what the truth was.”

Kratter said the family plans to pursue further legal action.

Yeah, thanks for playing and good luck with all that.

Just another story to chuck into the growing bonfire of evidence that we're completely screwed. This time in my hometown. Bummer.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

When someone breaks into your home and, like a coward you hide in the closet with your family, who are you going to call? thats right, the police!

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lazzzarus22

When someone breaks into your home and, like a coward you hide in the closet with your family, who are you going to call? thats right, the police!

I generally call them after the fact. My experience is that they won't come in time anyway. YMMV.

They're just wonderful for giving me case numbers and stuff, though, to deal with the insurance later.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Here we go again. Everyone screaming racism because the officer happened to be white and the deceased black.

Jesus, why do people accuse the police of racism so quickly? None of you were there during the struggle. And just because black people now have the power to pull that damn racist card....yet in my experience there are just as many blacks who are racist.

MAYBE just maybe (in my opinion, not fact) there are far more black people committing street crime than others, maybe overwhelmingly so. Just like there are more Muslim terrorists currently than other religious terrorists currently.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectbane

Here we go again. Everyone screaming racism because the officer happened to be white and the deceased black.

An unarmed man is dead at the hands of an agent of the state, who will not be prosecuted (or even really investigated) for his actions.

That is the issue.

Remind me to take my Tic Tacs out of my pocket the next time I'm around police. Don't want anyone to confuse them for a gun or anything.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 10:34 PM
link   
The problem is, at the very least there should be an investigation. And there is going to be none. It's not so much a black and white issue for me. An unarmed man was shot be someone in power, in this case a police officer, and there's no investigation for it, whatsoever. I think that's wrong in it's entirety. There should be an investigation with EACH officer involved shooting. Just to make sure there was nothing hinky.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 10:36 PM
link   

I call a backhoe operator. I'm getting too old to dig deep holes.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Anyafaj

The problem is, at the very least there should be an investigation. And there is going to be none.

All a cop has to say nowadays is, "I thought my life was in danger". Other circumstances don't matter, and the cop is automatically given the benefit of the doubt.

"Well, your honor, she came out of the house screaming and waving a d*ldo at me. I thought she was going to attack me with that d*ldo" so I drew my weapon."

"Enough said, officer. Clearly, your life was in danger and you acted appropriately."

You know that story is coming. Ridiculous injustice is now expected.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 12:49 AM
link   

If someone breaks into my home, they get two to the center mass. The police get called to clean up the mess.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 01:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

I generally call them after the fact. My experience is that they won't come in time anyway. YMMV.

How often is your home broken into?

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 01:16 AM
link   
The local newspaper is reporting that not only was he unarmed, he was also shot in the back:

Arizona Republic

The announcement was made the same day that officials released Brison's autopsy, which confirmed that the 34-year-old was shot once in the back, near the right shoulder blade.

Earlier police statements described the placement of the two gunshot wounds as in the torso, but did not specify an exact location. The other wound was located in the front lower left torso.

A report describes a "tight cluster of gunpowder stippling" near the back wound, indicating the shot was fired in close range.

A "seven-year veteran", mind you. Makes one wonder what else went down that has never come to light. Disturbing.

"I felt my life was in danger."

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 01:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1

How often is your home broken into?

Well, twice. But it's not just home being broken into.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 01:42 AM
link   

You can get a tent that has fancy double zippers... If you padlock them together no one is going to figure out an easy way to get at your stuff. A pilfered security sign goes a long way too.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 01:56 AM
link   

You can get a tent that has fancy double zippers... If you padlock them together no one is going to figure out an easy way to get at your stuff. A pilfered security sign goes a long way too.

I assure you I don't live in a tent. However, if YOU'D like to wait about 20 minutes for the cops to arrive, have at it. I'm sure the guys in your house will sit and watch TV for a bit until they arrive.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 04:30 AM
link   
At 5:30 am that was priceless you put a smile on my face already it's going to be a good day...!!!👍👍a reply to: VICTORVONDOOM
edit on 2-4-2015 by ATF1886 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 06:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

I assure you I don't live in a tent. However, if YOU'D like to wait about 20 minutes for the cops to arrive, have at it. I'm sure the guys in your house will sit and watch TV for a bit until they arrive.

How else are they supposed to know if they want to take your TV with them when they try to leave? And 20 minutes? Are your locals coming on camel back or something? My god. Even the staties here can typically get somewhere in about 6-8.

Maybe if you started leaving a bowl of popcorn out they would hang out longer and save you the cleanup

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
And 20 minutes? Are your locals coming on camel back or something? My god. Even the staties here can typically get somewhere in about 6-8.

Maybe if you started leaving a bowl of popcorn out they would hang out longer and save you the cleanup

Shamrock, I # you not. We were at my next younger brothers one day, I went inside and was getting some water, looked out the window and a neighbor from down the block was in the front in a yelling match with Todd. Really teeing off on each other. Only the neighbor had a semi in his pants crack which Todd didn't know about, but I could see.

Didn't look like a good idea.

So I called the cops, which was sort of atypical for me but it WAS Todd's house, so the 911 lady asked if he'd shot Todd yet, I said no, but he didn't bring the pistol over for show and tell, it's obvious he's wound up over something, and brought his little friend because Todd's got about 50 pounds on him. Well, we can't come over until he points the weapon at your brother or shoots him.

So I said "Ok, I'll go deal with it and call you later." "You can't do that" "Are you coming?" "Not until he shoots or menaces" "Okey dokey"

And out I went, came up behind the guy and took the pistol, popped out the mag, racked it and handed it back to him empty. The convo went downhill pretty fast from there, we frog marched him off the property and kept the mag.

About 20 minutes later the cops came by. Didn't stop. Just drove by real slow looking at us. About 6 times. Then they pulled in and asked if everything was ok. We said we had dealt with it, I gave him the mag and said he ought to drop it back by the guy's house if he wanted to have some fun with the guy. The cop then said, and I am not making this up, "We don't want to get shot anymore than you do. So if you really want the cops to get there fast, don't say there's a crazy guy with a pistol in the yard, say there are teenagers smoking dope in your front yard" I'm pretty sure he was joking. But not totally sure.

This place has a rep for not showing up until the dust settles in some neighborhoods.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Well as you know, and you know I know, from my time working with PhxPD, the most important thing is that the department save face, and doesn't have any unwanted intrusion into their dealings. Such as, intimidating the Plebes, and collecting revenue..

They work for our masters. It's better that you keep your head down and comply..

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Redwookieaz

Well as you know, and you know I know, from my time working with PhxPD, the most important thing is that the department save face, and doesn't have any unwanted intrusion into their dealings.

As evidenced by their flagrant disregard of the autopsy results. The man was shot in the back and the department says, basically, "Move along, folks. Nothing to see here."

As a man lay dead with a bullet in his back. And the vapid masses of Phoenix held up a few signs, did a little walking and chanting, and then forgot about the whole thing as soon as they recharged their phones.

I think LEO agencies (among others) count on and use the rapid 24-hour news cycle to conceal information and uphold their public image. If they wait long enough, tip toe, delay, distract, everyone will be occupied with something else and the game can continue.

The governor vetoed it, but you saw this one, right? Trying to institutionalize their PR policies through legislation.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Yup. Disgusting stuff. You also hit the nail on the head with the news/media, cycle...

If you can't keep the truth from coming out, bury it in bull#...

top topics

join