It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianity: Power and Worth

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   
It is not of Christianity to feel better than men; to feel stronger than men.

We followers of the Christ were taught that Christ is the mystical head, and that all stand in His presence.

Have we given off the idea that we only are special? That is wrong, for not only we were called to nobility, all were.

We are all noble in Christ and we will not be brought under the power of anything other. But we are not noble when we seek to assert our power and nobility and attempt to put others under ourselves.

Pride and greed in ourselves attempts subtly to steal the light of Jesus for ourselves and give rise to the illusion that it comes from us.

We are servants, before we were slaves, and any notion of superiority we hold in ourselves should be well known as a fault.

There is much to be learned by comparing the Pharisees and their struggle for grandiose stature to the meek overwhelming dignity of Christ and a being in Christ.

The Pharisees sought to assert their nobility over the Christ. Christ's nobility, though meek, kind and patient, overcame as it was real nobility, real dignity, and not the illusion of Goodness but it was the real image of Goodness.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: backcase
It is not of Christianity to feel better than men; to feel stronger than men.

We followers of the Christ were taught that Christ is the mystical head, and that all stand in His presence.

Have we given off the idea that we only are special? That is wrong, for not only we were called to nobility, all were.

Yeah, we have given off that idea. Christ is the mystical head, but too few of us are really mystics. We really have no idea what it truly means to be mystics; contemplatives.

As a result, Christianity has no cross-cultural currency. Just cross-cultural condemnation. Condemnation doesn't liberate, it oppreses.

👣

edit on 132Wednesday000000America/ChicagoApr000000WednesdayAmerica/Chicago by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueMule

You do not need to be a mystic to be Christian. The words are not meant to be used in the same way.

Being a 'mystic' in the way that I find people to use the word can actually be quite harmful. I think thought needs to be put into what is orthodox teaching.

What do you mean by cross cultural currency?

EDIT: I just don't want to stray from orthodoxy to go on my own and call myself a mystic. If my family becomes ill or dysfunctional I cannot attempt to flee and adopt a new name in good conscience.

I would rather keep the name that my family is familiar with.
edit on 093030p://333 by backcase because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   
For as much as the Christians say they love God, most of them are arrogant, self righteous people who love their exalted class status far more than any religious belief system.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Lazzzarus22

I disagree and I replied to a similar comment you posted in another thread. It's not good to be geared up to discriminate. Many Christians I have talked to are very reasonable and understanding despite the fault of being embarrassed claiming to be Christians.

It is quite different than you say.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: backcase

Pride and greed in ourselves attempts subtly to steal the light of Jesus for ourselves and give rise to the illusion that it comes from us.

But Jesus says that the light does come from us.

Matthew 5
14 “You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. 15 Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. 16 In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.

Who else did Jesus call the light of the world? Himself. He was putting us on equal ground with himself. He even said that those who believe in him would do what he did and even greater things.

It is not an illusion to raise yourself to Jesus' status, it is not blasphemy either. In fact Jesus endorses that exact notion, telling us to be perfect as his Father is perfect.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 10:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lazzzarus22
For as much as the Christians say they love God, most of them are arrogant, self righteous people who love their exalted class status far more than any religious belief system.

Sadly I have noticed this as well. To me, they have strayed from the path.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

We are lights in this world because Christ gave us light. What I meant though, which you have not fully understood, is that people attempt to gain advantage for themselves by means of being Christian. The Pharisees did so in every way the possibly could and there are still people who act similarly.

If I am a light in this world it is because Christ who is with me shines through me, no other reason.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 10:52 PM
link   

I agree, Christ is with us and does shine through us. Christ was also with Jesus and shined through him.

John 14
20 On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you.

We are in him and he is in us. Equality. No pedestal.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Jesus is the Christ.

There is quite a difference between illusory power and real nobility.
edit on 113030p://333 by backcase because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Yes, those who run the world have illusory power, real nobility is to realize they have no power over anything. Real nobility is to realize no one has power over you but yourself. Use that power to do good.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 11:03 PM
link   

On this we agree. I find it necessary to say that the power of world leaders as well as of ourselves has been given by God.
edit on 113030p://333 by backcase because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 04:35 AM
link   
I always loved his actions and his life story

amen

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: backcase

You do not need to be a mystic to be Christian. The words are not meant to be used in the same way.

Being a 'mystic' in the way that I find people to use the word can actually be quite harmful. I think thought needs to be put into what is orthodox teaching.

I find that the way most people use the word, including most Christians, is un-scholarly.

You don't need to be a contemplative (mystic) to be a Christian. You can be an active. Mary and Martha. Luke 10: 38-42

What do you mean by cross cultural currency?

Christianity doesn't build bridges to other religions, it demonizes them.

Christ permeates the entirety of world religion and myth, but we are so myopic, culture-bound, and infantile we only see him in ours.

👣

edit on 560ThursdayuAmerica/ChicagoApruThursdayAmerica/Chicago by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 08:03 AM
link   

I'll only reply to the last part, the first half of your post is your opinion and does not need reply.

Christianity does not need to build bridges to every other religion because it is already the heart of all religion. When religion is practiced correctly it leads one to take on the leadership of the Christ.

Other religions have bits and pieces of the True Religion, but Christianity practices virtue in fullness.

I am a self professed Catholic and I have found from reading Catholic literature and philosophy and theology that all true Catholic scholars deeply consider the theologies of other religions and philosophies.

Most Catholic teachers promote the hearing of argument in order to better understand other religions and other people.

If you need references let me know, but it is an act of ignorance to say that Christians are closed minded, it is closed minded indeed.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Well then I guess you're answering your own questions, aren't you.

👣

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 09:04 AM
link   

I didn't see a question in your post, only opinion, controversy and misunderstanding.

And now you insinuate that I did not speak on your post after I put some real time and thought into your post.

All well, I suppose, but understand that in the off topic section we also deny ignorance. Your opinion does not so much matter to me as the ignorance it is based on.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Well, you're sure turning me off with your attitude, Mr only-I-am-special.

See ya.

👣

edit on 630ThursdayuAmerica/ChicagoApruThursdayAmerica/Chicago by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   

You don't take information that opposes your ideas well, do you?

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Sorry if I offended you.

I don't want to argue with you, and if I stay in this thread that's what will happen. So let's just wish each other well and say see ya.

👣

top topics

<<   2 >>

join