It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gold Nano-Particles control your brain! Yay!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   
link

Great read...scary implications aside from the cancer treatment ect. I'll let my fellow ATS members dig up their own dark thoughts on what this could possibly be used for...Article has a lot more info so check it out.

In future the gold nano-particles may be used to remotely activate brain cells and help to treat the neurological diseases. As per a report from The Guardian, Mo Costandi has given details of two proposed treatments which involves the use of  gold nano-particles to transform the nerve cells. In one of the treatments a group of researchers at the University of Chicago, used gold nano rods which was attached to precise molecule which was embedded in the nerve cell membranes then infrared light was made to pass through these nano rods which warmed up the rods thus resulting in neurons to fire. The experiment was led by Francisco Benzanilla, by using dorsal root ganglion (DRG) neurons. DRG neurons cluster in the spinal cord and are the ones which broadcast the information of pain and touch.

The second experiment was held at MIT wherein nano sized iron oxide spheres were used which heat up when a magnetic field passes over them. Here mice were used whose neurons were prepared to be heat sensitive, usually the brain cells do not need specific treatment to sense the heat however in these engineered mice a virus was injected which carried the gene that is needed to prepare the heat sensitivity in the brain, now the neurons incorporate the gene in their genome and prepare the sensor. These engineered mice were injected with the nano iron spheres and magnetic field passed over them results in warming of the nano spheres which in turn is sensed by the heat sensitive neurons in the mice and then these fire.

These experiments are sort of remote brain control however researchers are working towards more innovative ways of using the nanotechnology into medicine in the near future. Benzilla’s group has plans to develop a modified method treat the macular degeneration using nano particle. Further Costandi also mentions that may be in future a person just needs to swallow a pill to release the “nanobots” into their bloodstream which would detect the exact disease in that body and give the correct report.

edit on 1-4-2015 by Jenisiz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Jenisiz

gold, silver and even copper cure many diseases

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: gmoneystunt

gold, silver and even copper cure many diseases

I'm well aware...but not in this ground breaking manner.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Its not ground breaking. Its been used for many years

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: gmoneystunt

Gold to activate certain areas of the brain in this matter hasn't. As an actually psychologist I can tell you it hasn't haha. Have you read the first paragraph?" In the future"...
edit on 1-4-2015 by Jenisiz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   
What if they're spraying this into the air and it's getting into our blood...and passing the blood/brain barrier?! All they'd need to do is flip and switch and we'd all become zombified?!

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Please stick to the topic or post a thread

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   

I can agree to a degree but it has never been properly researched publicly. The same could be said with many other treatments. Hence zinc.

realistically you will get better results from this Pau d'arco - A versatile and powerful herbal remedy for many health issues
edit on 1-4-2015 by gmoneystunt because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   

I would recommend a psychologist to read this Why A Common Brain Parasite Would Cause Its Host To Commit Suicide

edit on 1-4-2015 by gmoneystunt because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Blast from a past ATS conspiracy......

Thread

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 08:30 PM
link   

As an "actually psychologist" you should know that this has nothing to do with psychology and you're talking out your ass.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

thanks. mono atomic gold

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   
But gold is a highly conductive metal that can disrupt our nervous systems. It can effect us almost like mercury poisoning. It would make us act a little looney but be harmless to others. We would be like the class clown.

I suppose that is what they are looking for though, making people harmless to others. The only way I can see this helping is if you are deficient of gold in the body. We need minute amounts of almost all metals in a specific complex.
edit on 1-4-2015 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I suspect you're going to find that MM is right - it's going to be too big to pass the BBB. They'll have to hold you down and give you a spinal tap of it.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 03:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: gmoneystunt

Its not ground breaking. Its been used for many years

Can you link where gold nano particles have been embedded in nerve cell membranes and activated by infrared light? How many years ago did this treatment start?

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 06:33 AM
link   

As an actually psychologist I can tell you it hasn't haha

I didn't know psychologists were versed in neuro-biology?

Have you read the first paragraph?" In the future"...

So as a psychologist are you worried that real science may put your pseudoscience up there with religion?

top topics

join